Elimination Thread: 2014-15 Season

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Habs.

Of all the remaining teams Anaheim winning the Cup would irritate me least. 

Ahh...thanks for bringing this thread back to my attention.

I have a French baked bread version of a Dookie to award to none other than....the Montreal Canadiens...the 26th recipient!

Montreal had a great season, was solid defensively throughout, won their division and likely have the Vezina and Hart winner on their roster, but in the final analysis, for the team, only have this fine Elimination Award to show for their efforts.

The last of Canada's teams to fall, they made a series of it after being down 3-0, but simply could not contain the Bolts offense enough to be able to win 4 straight.

Félicitations, O Montreal....Bon travail!

Off to Le golf course wid zee..... :D

@JR Ewing

I am pretty sure that to many teams, being eliminated probably feels like what those wacky contestants feel like as they get chewed up by some giant wringer....lol.

And now, for the 27th recipient of the NHL's Award for Profuse Elimination (use your imagination on that one, people), I present to you..........YOUR Washington Capitals!

Ok, ok...so there are no Caps fans on this site to take ownership of that, save perhaps, for one or two Alex Ovechkin fanboys, but maybe we can get some in here during the offseason.

Promise them we won't make fun of them or something.......meh, who are we kidding...there IS no containing @ruxpin when he wants to kick a fanbase while it's down..... :D

Anyways, Washington....New coach, new attitude, new toughness, new team defense.......errrrr, same result.

Maybe Coach Trotz gets a pass this season while he looks ahead and tries to construct a team next season with personnel more to his liking, but for the here and now, we can safely say Alexander Oveckhin and company are GUARANTEED a nice Dookie Award.

Enjoy Washington....maybe next season with a more Trotz-oriented team, you can try for a trophy with a bit more polish than the doggie award, no?  :thumbsu:

Myself, I'm really hoping for a Ducks vs Bolts final....the NYR....I BADLY want them out, any way possible. I'm sick of the Hawks winning, besides, I almost vomit when I hear that STUPID goal song....F that, brings back so many horrible memories!! 

Bishop vs Andersson for the Cup??  Sign me up that would be nice to watch....and it would be a wonderful change. Just the thought of the NYR in the finals and 4 wins away from it all, I can't stomach that!  If the NYR get there, it's a decent jump to think Lundy might not be beat 4 times out of 7.....we need the Rags out....NOW....PRONTO!!!!

Well, historically speaking, the NYR will get knocked out eventually....they have no former Flyers...and we all know, where there is an Ex-Flyer, a cup follows shortly thereafter....

Tampa Bay = 1) Braydon Coburn

Anaheim =  1) Patrick Maroon

Chicago = 1) Patrick Sharp

2) Daniel Carcillo

3) Kimo Timonen

4) Kris Versteeg (it hurts to even list Verstinky as a Flyer....but, of course, playing quite well for the Hawks)

Going by the above stats, the Hawks will win for sure, cause we all like Kimo, impartial as far as Sharps short Flyers stay,.... but having Carbomb and Verstinky (again) carved into the Cup.....that is the pain that Flyer fans have come to expect.

• 3 weeks later...

The 28th recipient of the Dookie, are none other than the President's Trophy winning and NOW former Eastern Champion, New York Rangers.

Vegas said King Henrik and company would be making another Cup run and the Bolts were just a bump in the road...

Many posters on many forums had the Rangers avenging their loss to the Kings in last year's final...

And many, MANY people had talk going of an Original Six Finals.

Ahhh, but that's why they play the games!

And for all the hoopla, all the hype, the Rangers now have only this fine award to show for their season....at least it will look nice alongside that Metro Division title and NHL Presidential Trophy.

Why bother with the Stanley Cup when you have these other three to show for your season, right?  ;)

Anyways, to the delight of Flyers and Pens fans all over this site, I present the Rangers with, the 2015 Dookie Award for Hockey Elimination!

Enjoy boys.....sorry, MSL....

I want the Hawks out. Looks like that's not gonna happen. 1-4 after the second period.

Hey Bolts, please win the Stanley Cup this year. You are the least evil. 

Geez, how the time flys, only one more pooping doggie to go!!!

Hey....wait a minute, did TFG curse all of the other teams with this pooping dog!?!?   Is this the Bolt's secret weapon??

@jammer2

As of last night, throw in the Anaheim Ducks as Dookie Dog recipients.

During interviews, Ryan Getzlaf looked none too happy.....but the reporters DIDN'T tell him his team would be receiving this fine award. That might have perked him up a bit!  :ph34r:

Never let it be said Bruce Boudreau doesn't lead his team to trophies....hey, he got them a Pacific title the last two years and got them a Dookie this year.

Can't ask for more than that, can ya?

Ok, ok...yes, you can....but still....awards are awards..... :cool[1]:

And yes....just one more Dookie to award.

A Lord Stanley sized Dookie.

Hawks n Bolts.

One team will walk away with the richest prize in team sports.......the other with the Stanley Cup....hahaha.....I'll leave it up to YOU guys to figure out which is which...  :P

@jammer2

As of last night, throw in the Anaheim Ducks as Dookie Dog recipients.

During interviews, Ryan Getzlaf looked none too happy.....but the reporters DIDN'T tell him his team would be receiving this fine award. That might have perked him up a bit!  :ph34r:

But would the players actually touch their Dookie award or just stand next to it and get their picture taken?  :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I WOULDN'T touch a Dookie anything...but then, that's just me....  ;)

And a big, chocolate-flavoured Dookie award goes to...... the Tampa Bay Lea..... Lightning.  :huh:

Do you feel as though this final outcome was a direct result of you creating this thread? ie: Karma, Gods messing with ya, pyramid power, etc. It's a bit funny that it would end this way. ;)  :P

And a big, chocolate-flavoured Dookie award goes to...... the Tampa Bay Lea..... Lightning. 

Do you feel as though this final outcome was a direct result of you creating this thread? ie: Karma, Gods messing with ya, pyramid power, etc. It's a bit funny that it would end this way.

Hah....nah, don't feel karma had anything to do with anything.

30 teams, one Cup, so every year, 29 get a Dookie.

Just the way it is, and unless a certain team is going to win every single year, well, EVERYONE gets a Dookie or three (some get dozens...but we won't get into which ones ;)  ), year after year, and well, that is the NHL season and playoffs for ya!

And with that, I present to MY Tampa Bay Lightning, the 29th and final Dookie Award for the Process of Elimination!

Yay!  Or not.....

Well, at the very least, it wasn't the ONLY trophy gotten by the Bolts.

They have a nice shiny Prince of Wales trophy to go right alongside it......and ALL season long, people can now refer to the Bolts as the 'Defending Eastern Conference Champions'...and I do like the sound of that!

By the way Bolts, you didn't win the Cup, so now you can touch the Prince of Wales all you want! :D

So with Tampa Bay claiming the last Dookie, all presentations of the elimination variety are concluded, and we will see all 30 teams again next year....and you just KNOW certain teams will be hankering for another taste of Dookie, and will play accordingly from training camp onward... :lol:

Hah....nah, don't feel karma had anything to do with anything.

30 teams, one Cup, so every year, 29 get a Dookie.

Just the way it is, and unless a certain team is going to win every single year, well, EVERYONE gets a Dookie or three (some get dozens...but we won't get into which ones ;)  ), year after year, and well, that is the NHL season and playoffs for ya!

And with that, I present to MY Tampa Bay Lightning, the 29th and final Dookie Award for the Process of Elimination!

Yay!  Or not.....

Well, at the very least, it wasn't the ONLY trophy gotten by the Bolts.

They have a nice shiny Prince of Wales trophy to go right alongside it......and ALL season long, people can now refer to the Bolts as the 'Defending Eastern Conference Champions'...and I do like the sound of that!

By the way Bolts, you didn't win the Cup, so now you can touch the Prince of Wales all you want! :D

So with Tampa Bay claiming the last Dookie, all presentations of the elimination variety are concluded, and we will see all 30 teams again next year....and you just KNOW certain teams will be hankering for another taste of Dookie, and will play accordingly from training camp onward... :lol:

I feel dirty awarding Dookie's to teams that make the playoffs. I think the Dookie should conclude at the end of the regular season, so you have 14 total. That way it's a distinguished "honor" (LOL) to receive a Dookie award. The Leafs work hard for their Dookie every year. But it doesn't feel special if you hand them out like candy. What do you think?   :D 

I feel dirty awarding Dookie's to teams that make the playoffs. I think the Dookie should conclude at the end of the regular season, so you have 14 total. That way it's a distinguished "honor" (LOL) to receive a Dookie award. The Leafs work hard for their Dookie every year. But it doesn't feel special if you hand them out like candy. What do you think?   :D

Hmm...it's an idea.

I too thought of perhaps differentiating teams eliminated from post season play with those who actually made the post season, then lost in there.

Perhaps starting with next season, we can have two separate awards.

The tried n true Dookie for those heinous teams who just can't seem to make the post season, and come up with something else for those eliminated during post season play.

We have the entire summer to come up with a format, submit it to the NHL and have ol Gary put the rubber stamp of goofiness on it like he does with his other decisions.

:D

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Seriously, great year for the Bolts. I will get around to doing the write up on them in the next day or so. Any particular song request you would like to have for the title? My wife says thunderstruck by AC/DC is appropriate but I do take requests..... :)

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Seriously, great year for the Bolts. I will get around to doing the write up on them in the next day or so. Any particular song request you would like to have for the title? My wife says thunderstruck by AC/DC is appropriate but I do take requests..... :)

Actually, Thunderstruck would be awesome, @yave1964 , first song I thought of actually.

Your wife has good taste! Haha...

There was a video circulating around youtube some years ago, a Lightning tribute, and the background music was Thundestruck....gave me chills.

But yea, in this case, they have been 'struck down', so seems appropriate yet again....I'm good with that.  :)

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Well we both thought Thunderstruck in a good way, lol, not as in struck down by the Hawks. No shame in losing to a team that is filled with Hall of famers in their prime. Seabrook said after the game that the Bolts were the new version of the Hawks, paying your boys a heck of a compliment. It didn't sound like platitudes, it sounded very sincere.

Hmm...it's an idea.

I too thought of perhaps differentiating teams eliminated from post season play with those who actually made the post season, then lost in there.

Perhaps starting with next season, we can have two separate awards.

The tried n true Dookie for those heinous teams who just can't seem to make the post season, and come up with something else for those eliminated during post season play.

We have the entire summer to come up with a format, submit it to the NHL and have ol Gary put his rubber stamp dong of approval on it like he does with his other decisions.

:D

It just makes things so much easier. 14 Dookie "winners" every season, with the first Dookie recipient receiving the prestigious "steaming Dookie" (or King-sized Dookie) award, for being the first team officially eliminated from playoff contention. I love it!  :D

The real "value" in this is in the statistical tracking lol. Nobody ever keeps track of which teams miss the playoffs. The Dookie award would keep a running tally on how many times each team misses the playoffs. Wouldn't you like to know which team has missed the playoffs the most? I know I would! Can you say awesome? :cool[1]:

Archived