RJ done for season with hip and abdominal surgery

AJgoal

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umby used to be a warrior.  I never felt that about VLC.  It's sad.  I hope he gets back to the point of being serviceable. Otherwise we are stuck with an even worse turd than imagined.  The only cynical silver lining might be LTIR.  Maybe he becomes the latest Nathan Horton.

Peace,

Howie

I'm wondering if Umberger was playing injured all year and not telling anyone. If so, shame on him for not telling anyone and being more of a detriment than a help. Hopefully a healthy Umberger comes back next season and chips in his standard 20 goals/40 points he's capable of.

@BobbyClarkeFan16

He must have been injured all last season too. Ya, that's it. :ph34r:

I get that he didn't start the season well, but he wasn't skating the way he could and he seemed to be out of sorts. He was really laboring out there. Like I said, I think he was hurt and didn't say anything to anyone, which falls on him. I know people like to blame McCrossin, but if players don't tell him that they're hurry, how's he supposed to know?

I get that he didn't start the season well, but he wasn't skating the way he could and he seemed to be out of sorts. He was really laboring out there. Like I said, I think he was hurt and didn't say anything to anyone, which falls on him. I know people like to blame McCrossin, but if players don't tell him that they're hurry, how's he supposed to know?

The answer to your closing question is your own first two sentences. If everyone here could tell from television or the stands, the trainer should.

I call BS on his not knowing.

He's horrible. He shouldn't even be a public school nurse.

Isn't there something called a physical a player has to pass when he comes over in a trade? Maybe McCrossin either doesn't know how to do one, or he just didn't bother? 

Why was it obvious to everybody on this board that his play sucked yet team management and coaches seemed oblivious as they continued to play him.

Interesting question...

Maybe Hextall does value this draft and told berube if he wants to keep his job all season, play Bumberger.

The only thing with this boneheaded move is that they knew about this pre existing tear yet instead of fixing it in the offseason the let it linger and pretty much ruin his/Flyers season. These things never get better own their on and the only way to fix it is by surgery. So they had a chance to prevent it and it bite them and the team in the ass. DUMBASSES!!

Archived