2015 NCAA Hockey Bracket TV Schedule

hf101

For bracketing purposes, the winner of the Midwest Regional will meet the winner of the East Regional in the Frozen Four, while the winners of the West and Northeast regionals will meet in the other semifinal at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts April 9th.

West Regional, Scheel's Arena, Fargo, North Dakota, March 27th, 28th

#1 North Dakota vs. #4 Quinnipiac 8pm EST ESPNU

#2 Michigan Tech vs. #3 St. Cloud State 4:30pm EST ESPN3

Northeast Regional, Verizon Wireless Center, Manchester, New Hampshire, March 27th, 28th

#1 Boston University vs. #4 Yale 2pm EST ESPNU

#2 Minnesota Duluth vs. #3 Minnesota 5:30pm EST ESPNU

Midwest Regional, Compton Family Ice Arena, South Bend, Indiana, March 28th, 29th

#1 Minnesota State vs. #4 RIT 4pm EST ESPNU

#2 Nebraska-Omaha vs. #3 Harvard 7:30pm EST ESPN3

East Regional, Dunkin Donuts Center, Providence, Rhode Island, March 28th, 29th

#1 Miami vs. #4 Providence 6:30 EST ESPNU

#2 Denver vs. #3 Boston College 3pm EST ESPN2

Who becomes this year's champ folks?

I'm always rooting for the Minnesota teams.  I'd like to see Minnesota State come away with a championship this year.

A great read for those of you that care...

2015 NCAA Hockey Tournament Preview: BU, UND highlight Northeast and West regionals

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/121195/2015-ncaa-hockey-tournament-preview-bu-und-highlight-northeast-and-west-regionals/

Enjoy!

An interesting free agent possibility is Kasimir Kaskisuo i don't think he has signed anywhere. He plays with Minnesota-Duluth and they are taking on the juggernaut Minnesota.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45422

Flyers could use him to add to their goaltending pool which is rather bleak.

More than 30 percent of NHL players played college hockey. I don't know why any young player vacillating between college and junior hockey wouldn't at least start in college. They can always leave and play junior, but once a player plays junior, they are ineligible for NCAA hockey. The culture, the ability to train, the chance to meet interesting non-hockey people and the chance to make oneself more interesting via college makes the difference a stark one for me.-John Buccigross

Eight of the 16 head coaches in the NCAA tournament are coaching their alma mater.

Top five states represented in the NCAA tournament: Minnesota with 96 players, Massachusetts with 38, Michigan and New York with 23 each and California with 17.

By Country: 74 percent from USA, 23 percent from Canada, 6 percent born in Finland, 2 percent from Sweden, and 1 percent from Austria, Denmark, Latvia, and Switzerland.

A couple of rule differences between NHL and NCAA hockey: No hand passes are allowed anywhere in college. If a player shoots the puck over the glass in college, it's not an automatic penalty. If a team scores a goal on a delayed penalty, the penalty still stands.

Since 2008, 4-seeds have reached the Frozen Four as often as 2- and 3-seeds combined.

Archived