If Lemieux Was Healthy, Do You Think He Would Have Threatened Gretzky's Records?

JagerMeister

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would Lemieux Have Threatened Gretzky's Records If Healthy?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you think he would have, which records do you think he would have broken?

• Most Goals In A Single Season- Current record is 92
    • Most Points In A Single Season- current record is 215
    • Most Career Goals- Current record is 894
    • Most Career Points- Current record is 2, 857
    • Most Goals In One Period- Current record is 4
    • Most 50 or more goal seasons- Current record is 9
    • Most 60 or more goal seasons- Current record is 5
    • Most 40 or more goal seasons- Current record is 14
    • Most consecutive 60 or more goal seasons- Current record is 4
    • highest GPG in one season- Current record is 1.18
    • highest PPG in one season- Current record is 2.77
    • Most Playoff career goals- Current record is 122
    • Other

@flyercanuck  I met Wayne waaaay back when his brother Kieth played for the Spitfires. It was late in the 85-86 season, I was a couple years out of high school. I felt a bit gulility cause he was ordering food in a restaurant called Peachy's.....I politely waited for him to finish ordering and when asked for the autograph, he gave me a big beaming smile and said of course. Real nice classy guy, it's not an act, he really is that much of a quality human being.

This single post makes it completely worthwhile to see this thread revived.

Gretzky says Mcdavid could break some of his records. ...all while saying " i hope he keeps some for me though"

So ***** smug

You cant take any compliments he gives out seriously...

He knows damn well Mcdavid won't break a single record of his.

Gretzky says Mcdavid could break some of his records. ...all while saying " i hope he keeps some for me though"

So ***** smug

You cant take any compliments he gives out seriously...

He knows damn well Mcdavid won't break a single record of his.

Really?   How can you even call Wayne smug???  He is *nothing* like that. Even if he does not think McDavid will break some of his records, it's the polite thing to say. What you have him say..."he has no chance to ever break one of my records...and thus look like a royal dick??  Wayne will always say the classy thing, cause he's so very respectful and polite. Your post is way off base, coming from a guy who met him. Admittedly, it was just a short time, but I sensed not one bit of smug.

I'll go on record and say he will break a few of Wayne's records, none of the major ones like goals in a season, pts in a season or his career numbers....but he will break a few.

Really?   How can you even call Wayne smug???  He is *nothing* like that. Even if he does not think McDavid will break some of his records, it's the polite thing to say. What you have him say..."he has no chance to ever break one of my records...and thus look like a royal dick??  Wayne will always say the classy thing, cause he's so very respectful and polite. Your post is way off base, coming from a guy who met him. Admittedly, it was just a short time, but I sensed not one bit of smug.

I'll go on record and say he will break a few of Wayne's records, none of the major ones like goals in a season, pts in a season or his career numbers....but he will break a few.

The fact that he brought up his records. When the conversation had absolutely nothing to do with them...

Better to be honest than to give McDavid the delusion that he could break any record of his...

• 4 weeks later...

Gretzky says the polite thing every time he is interviewed. Not smug. Politically correct perhaps but not smug.

Correct. He doesn't want to "make waves" by saying something controversial. The only thing he can do is compliment everyone that he is asked to comment on. (And in doing so it makes the compliment meaningless because he says the same thing for every player.)  :)

True story: My ex-GF ran into him one time while she was working as a cashier in a convenience store. Apparently he came in and wanted to buy a bottle of wine. (I guess he forgot what country he was in because you can't buy booze in regular stores in Canada. There is the Beer Store and the LCBO and that's about it. Grocery stores and convenience stores are not allowed to sell alcohol.) Anyway, apparently he got angry, had a few choice words, and then left. :o

Archived