How are your 2014 Picks looking?

J0e Th0rnton

For the Sharks, 1st Round pick Goldobin was touted as a maybe. A super high scoring player on the worst team in the league playing questionable defense. He has been playing with men this season in the Finnish league(Not AHL eligible). Playing well and learning. 11 goals and 10 assists in 38 games. Nobody on the team has even 20 goals in 50-60 games. Also did well for team Russia in the WJC.

3rd round pick Sadowy has doubled his previous point total and snuck into top 10 in goals in the OHL.

But it is our 5th and 6th Round picks making more noise.

Rourke Chartier has 48 goals and 34 assists in 58 games. To put it in perspective, 3rd overall  Leon Dratsaitl is his teammate and has 19 goals and 34 assists in 32 games.His other teammate Nick Merkley is projected to go high in the first round this year and has 20 goals, 70 assists in 72 games. Initially, I was skeptical that his elite teammates were padding his numbers, but when I read about him on the Kelowna forum spots after seeing the sharks sign him to an entry level, he seems to be a huge character guy who is coming into his own and putting it all together with the opportunity given. Kind of like Tierney did.

The other guy is Kevin Lebanc. His is 6th in scoring in the OHL. Ahead of him slightly are guys expected to be top 5 picks this year like McDavid, Strome and Marner. And it is surprising people.

We may have gotten a couple of late round Pavelski type steals.

@J0e Th0rnton

I've seen a lot of LeBanc...you guys got a steal there.

That's what i hear. Supposedly he physically matured a lot within a year and ran with the extra responsibility. Being just behind surefire top 5 picks in scoring like McDavid, Strom, Marner, etc gives me high hopes

@J0e Th0rnton

He actually set the record for assists in one season for Barrie, held by Sheldon Keefe

Sweet!

Last year when we picked him, he was given the label of "Might be an effective 4th line checker", but this season, a lot of people are talking about him putting it all together, physically maturing and showing untapped offensive potential and that he could have gone much higher in the draft if people knew then what they see now. Apparently his work ethic is through the roof ala joe Pavelski(7th round pick).

Archived