Ref Devorski's last game Flyers vs Penguins

hf101

139459775-referee-paul-devorski-skates-d

On Sunday Devorski will drop the puck on his final game opening faceoff. It will be regular season game No. 1,594, an afternoon tilt between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia at the Wells Fargo Center. He has worked the buildings in Pittsburgh, Philly, New Jersey and Washington the most, all drives from his home in Harrisburg, PA.

Devorski’s last Western game was Wednesday in San Jose, where the Sharks players lined up to shake hands with him post-game, the way the Blackhawks had two nights earlier in Chicago. On Sunday he’ll have Greg on the lines, and has hand picked buddies Dan O’Halloran and Steve Miller to round out that final officiating crew.

“Hopefully it’s not too emotional for me, but I’m kind of a softie,” he said. “I know I got real emotional in Chicago the other night, so I don’t know what it will be like in Philly.”

Apparently Timonen led the hand shake line.

Devorski has always been one of my favorite referee's as he always called a fair game.    For more of a great read and some of the highlights in his career check out...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/referee-devorski-set-walk-away-game/

What's your favorite Devorski moment?

The tagline?   This is Paul Devorski...not sure who that other cat is?  Unless it's just a completely awful picture of him.

**I think that's a picture of Tim Peel above**

Paul+Devorski+Columbus+Blue+Jackets+v+Ne

Pretty sure you are correct there gazoo.....You gotta think that Devorski would NOT want to be confused with Tim Peel. Peel is a poster child for poor reffing........

Devorski sucked as a ref

He is not one of my favorites by a long shot but he is far better than the coming crop of new refs. Auger/Hebert/Peel are horrendous. Those guys should not even be calling Pee Wee games.......

Both the Penguins and the Flyers lined up and shook Devorski's hand after his final game today. A great tribute to a great referee.

The best part is when Crosby was shaking his hand, Devorski told Sid "stop being a whiny bitch and be the great player you can be". All of your constant crying is killing your legacy." <NINJA >

The best part is when Crosby was shaking his hand, Devorski told Sid "stop being a whiny bitch and be the great player you can be". All of your constant crying is killing your legacy." <NINJA >

You cry more than Crosby ;)

I'm disappointed Pol, I figured you would respond with some insight from Devorski's conversation with Giroux ;)

I didn't see anything on ice, but I did hear there was a lot if groping off ice... Something to do with authority figures ;)

Archived