Best NHL Hockey Personalities Of All Time

JagerMeister

Does not necessarily have to be a hockey player.......

So i guess that makes it easy.....

If i had to pick a player though....

Who are your favourite hockey personalities.....

Not much to pick from in the hockey players category....unless you like players that answer in cliche's

Well, there are many Flyers fans obviously on this forum, so in before someone else..

Ron Hextall.

Crazy Ron.

Fiery goaltender....just as likely to give a player a wicked two hander to the back of the legs as he was to make a save.

Even if you didn't care for the Flyers on his gamedays, you always wanted to see just what that wacky 'Tender was gonna do next.

Hey, even being as young and naive as I was back in the 90's compared to today about pro hockey, I KNEW when Hextall was playing, anything can...and did happen.

And what about his interviews....enough personality for ya?

I think so.....  :P

Oh and love'm or hate'm (does anyone actually love this guy? LOL), but......Sean Avery.

Yep.

Assclown and all...he WAS an NHL personality.

When he was made, he was found defective and the mold was promptly tossed into the trash bin, but there he was...in all his annoying, do-dumb-stuff, say-dumb-stuff glory.

avery-rule-o.gif

Well, there are many Flyers fans obviously on this forum, so in before someone else..

Ron Hextall.

Crazy Ron.

Fiery goaltender....just as likely to give a player a wicked two hander to the back of the legs as he was to make a save.

Even if you didn't care for the Flyers on his gamedays, you always wanted to see just what that wacky 'Tender was gonna do next.

Hey, even being as young and naive as I was back in the 90's compared to today about pro hockey, I KNEW when Hextall was playing, anything can...and did happen.

And what about his interviews....enough personality for ya?

I think so.....  :P

Or, you know, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nAVNvoUp2Y

My favorite would be Eddie Shack.  They didn't call him "Eddie the Entertainer" for nothing.

Lots of interesting characters in hockey.  

Lorne Worsley, Jacques Plante, Don Cherry.

People talk about Gordie Howe's age, but Johnny Bower played in the NHL when he was OLD.

Back inna day, most TV was live.  No delays.  Eddie Shack was interviewed by some guy.  Don't remember if it was CBC or CTV.  Anyway, for some reason, Eddie starts singing "The Cabin Boy".

I won't repeat the words here, but it's a pretty dirty song.  

The interviewer looks like he wished the mike was a Smith and Wesson.  Eddie starts another song and the screen goes all snowy.

They don't make them like that anymore.

And John Tortorella is a favorite bashing target on this site, but one must admit, he IS a personality....abrasive, brutally honest, over the top too....but one nonetheless.

Funny thing.  I know a guy who is a dead ringer for Tortorella.  This guy was the father of one of my grandson's teammates.  He was just like Tortorella.  Always angry and complaining.  

Back inna day, most TV was live.  No delays.  Eddie Shack was interviewed by some guy.  Don't remember if it was CBC or CTV.  Anyway, for some reason, Eddie starts singing "The Cabin Boy".

I won't repeat the words here, but it's a pretty dirty song.  

The interviewer looks like he wished the mike was a Smith and Wesson.  Eddie starts another song and the screen goes all snowy.

They don't make them like that anymore.

@blocker

He lives around here somewhere...I run into him once or twice a year. He's still quite the character, and always the center of attention in the room.

One game, he played well and was chosen one of the three stars.  When he's introduced, he leaps onto the ice and does what he thinks a figure skater should look like.  

The NHL needs the color he provided.  

Archived