Should be a chippy game today

With the possibility of knocking the hated Pens out of the playoffs, the Flyers will play with that extra spunk they always bring to the game vs. the cross-state rival and, with the Pens fighting to stay in, there should be some extra "playfulness" to the game today.  Might be the last worthy game to watch this season, should be a good one.

Stick Coots on Crysby all game, don't want him winning the Art Ross.

Happy Easter all!

ps if they lose, maybe they can jump in front of the Devils on the draft board.  I just know they're going to take the player the Flyers need if they draft before them.

If the Flyer could play like this versus everyone they would go deep into the playoffs.

Not sure getting outshot 26-8 in 30 minutes of play is going to get you very far. :)

I'm not watching the game - but genuinely curious. Are the Flyers icing players? Or Mason only?

Not sure getting outshot 26-8 in 30 minutes of play is going to get you very far. :)

I'm not watching the game - but genuinely curious. Are the Flyers icing players? Or Mason only?

Seems to be everyone healthy is playing.

After watching the first 40 you get a good vibe in potential...but wonder how they can sleepwalk through the first period.  I like White, Cousins, and Manning...signs of hope for next year.

Howie

I'm saying there is a good pace and intensity it feels like a playoff battle...not worried about shots how many times have we seen the Flyers out shoot someone and only lose.

Wow what a save by Del Zotto!!!

Knock Knock.  Who's there?  MASON!!

He played a hell of a game today...one particular kick save to rob a goal was particularly sweet, forget who it was against.

edit: saw that it was vs Sutter in the first...left pad, Denied.

After watching the first 40 you get a good vibe in potential...but wonder how they can sleepwalk through the first period.  I like White, Cousins, and Manning...signs of hope for next year.

Howie

Hey Howie,

I was at the game today.  It felt like a playoff game, probably the best game I saw all season.  The Flyers passes were connecting, they also moved the puck up the ice fairly well.  They might  have been out shot especially early on but it wasn't because we weren't in  the Penguins zone. The Flyers made a lot of key hits and scored on their PP.   The crowd was also on its feet in appreciation of Mason's saves.  

Fun stuff.

:)

Hey Howie,

I was at the game today.  It felt like a playoff game, probably the best game I saw all season.  The Flyers passes were connecting, they also moved the puck up the ice fairly well.  They might  have been out shot especially early on but it wasn't because we weren't in  the Penguins zone. The Flyers made a lot of key hits and scored on their PP.   The crowd was also on its feet in appreciation of Mason's saves.  

Fun stuff.

:)

HF:

Thanks for the Eyewitness News.  Maybe we aren't a train wreck.  As the game wore on, the Pens seemed more frustrated.  That is fun!

Howie

You picked some good games to go to this year. Lucky bastidge... ;)

As last year, the Flyers have played well at home this season.  In 14 games (one pre-season) of the games I went to I only saw one bad loss.  The rest were wins with a couple of losses in either OT or the Shoot out.  Most of my games were against the Western Conf teams and were very enjoyable to watch.

Next year this team needs to play better on the road also.

Archived