Hockey Players Who Were Robbed Of A Trophy

JagerMeister

So i was looking at the trophy voting... when Jaromir Jagr came second to Pronger in Hart voting. Not sure if Canadian bias or Pronger really deserved it, as i was not watching hockey that year.

But the voting is close....very close, so close that Jagr lost by 1 vote....was he robbed that year?

And can you think of any other players that were robbed of a trophy? Theodore's MVP was very controversial...

So i was looking at the trophy voting... when Jaromir Jagr came second to Pronger in Hart voting. Not sure if Canadian bias or Pronger really deserved it, as i was not watching hockey that year.

But the voting is close....very close, so close that Jagr lost by 1 vote....was he robbed that year?

And can you think of any other players that were robbed of a trophy? Theodore's MVP was very controversial...

I can't stand Pronger, but I'll say he absolutely deserved the Hart that year. The fact that a defenseman even got serious consideration shows how remarkable his season was. From there, I'll transition to Ray Borque in 1990. There's no way the Bruins would have accomplished what they did that season without Bourque. Get this: He was tied with Mess on first place votes, led Mess on second place votes, and third place votes gave the trophy to Messier. I absolutely think Bourque should have won the Hart that year,

Brodeur should have won the 97 Vezina trophy.  And the 98.  It's a true injustice that he didn't.  Curtis Joseph arguably in 99.

I'm with @ScottM on Pronger (not the "can't stand" part). He really did deserve it that year.  I think the year Theodore won it I probably would have voted for Iginla.  I'm not a huge fan of goalies for that award unless they REALLY outclass any other option.  

I can't stand Pronger, but I'll say he absolutely deserved the Hart that year. The fact that a defenseman even got serious consideration shows how remarkable his season was. From there, I'll transition to Ray Borque in 1990. There's no way the Bruins would have accomplished what they did that season without Bourque. Get this: He was tied with Mess on first place votes, led Mess on second place votes, and third place votes gave the trophy to Messier. I absolutely think Bourque should have won the Hart that year,

Well, it goes to show how good Pronger was at his peak, even if his peak only lasted a season...

Brodeur should have won the 97 Vezina trophy.  And the 98.  It's a true injustice that he didn't.  Curtis Joseph arguably in 99.

I'm with @ScottM on Pronger (not the "can't stand" part). He really did deserve it that year.  I think the year Theodore won it I probably would have voted for Iginla.  I'm not a huge fan of goalies for that award unless they REALLY outclass any other option.  

Oh Jesus...here we go.

It sure as hell isn't a damn injustice Brodeur lost. It was not like he was head and shoulders above Hasek that year. In fact, i would argue it was quite the opposite...

When you posted this comment you sure as hell knew i would reply sooner or later...

Lets not turn another thread into a Brodeur vs Hasek war...unless ofc you want to  ;)

Oh Jesus...here we go.

It sure as hell isn't a damn injustice Brodeur lost. It was not like he was head and shoulders above Hasek that year. In fact, i would argue it was quite the opposite...

When you posted this comment you sure as hell knew i would reply sooner or later...

Lets not turn another thread into a Brodeur vs Hasek war...unless ofc you want to  ;)

@ruxpin You got a bite! I think it's a big one!

Oh Jesus...here we go.

#Winning

:ph34r:  :thumbsu:

Archived