Kasperi Kapanen

B21

A goal (first shot - 2nd shift) and an assist in his AHL debut last night against Lehigh Valley (3-0 win). By all accounts, he looked pretty good.

http://timesleader.com/news/penguins-sports/152826858/Kapanen-lives-up-to-expectations-in-Pens-win

Maybe help is on the way? 

I watched most of the game, he did look good. I was hoping the Flyers would draft him, although it looks like we got a good one in Sanheim.

A goal (first shot - 2nd shift) and an assist in his AHL debut last night against Lehigh Valley (3-0 win). By all accounts, he looked pretty good.

http://timesleader.com/news/penguins-sports/152826858/Kapanen-lives-up-to-expectations-in-Pens-win

Maybe help is on the way?

I hope they leave him there for awhile. Don't want to burn a year of his contract on a playoff series or two.

I hope they leave him there for awhile. Don't want to burn a year of his contract on a playoff series or two.

Desperate times, my friend. Desperate times. 

Desperate times, my friend. Desperate times. 

Yeah, but is Kasperi Kapanen going to make a year's worth of difference in this playoff run?

Sure, I mean, if they get to the Conference Final or win a Cup because of him, it might be worth losing the year off the ELC.

Or a 2nd and a 3rd. :ph34r:

Yeah, but is Kasperi Kapanen going to make a year's worth of difference in this playoff run?

Sure, I mean, if they get to the Conference Final or win a Cup because of him, it might be worth losing the year off the ELC.

Smarmy but well played.   ;)

Agreed... And just putting the jersey on isn't enough to qualify as being enough help to lose a whole contract year for. Lol.

Nice goal by Kapanen on his first shot in the A.... Video available here.

http://penslabyrinth.com/2015/04/09/kasperi-kapanen-debut/

I know you burn a year of the ELC but at this point I just can't care about that.  They need scoring from somewhere other than the 1st line. Comeau is back to being Comeau.  Kunitz appears to have hit the wall. Why not give Kapanen a spin with Malkin? In fact, why not let Sutter center the 2nd line with Malkin and Kapanen on the wings? Nothing to lose. Assuming they make the playoffs, they are playing with house money.  They get either Montreal (Price), Tampa Bay (terrible match-up) or the Rangers. No one is going to pick them.  

Perron / Crosby / Hornqvist

Kapanen / Sutter / Malkin

Kunitz / Winnick / Comeau

Downie / Spaling / Lapierre

(Bennett / Adams)

I know you burn a year of the ELC but at this point I just can't care about that.  They need scoring from somewhere other than the 1st line. Comeau is back to being Comeau.  Kunitz appears to have hit the wall. Why not give Kapanen a spin with Malkin? In fact, why not let Sutter center the 2nd line with Malkin and Kapanen on the wings? Nothing to lose. Assuming they make the playoffs, they are playing with house money.  They get either Montreal (Price), Tampa Bay (terrible match-up) or the Rangers. No one is going to pick them.  

Perron / Crosby / Hornqvist

Kapanen / Sutter / Malkin

Kunitz / Winnick / Comeau

Downie / Spaling / Lapierre

(Bennett / Adams)

Love how you spaced out the offensive talent there, you should be the damn coach...that line up has some spark and even the 4th line would be a bit dangerous scoring wise with Downie on it. Forgot Comeau is back, he will provide some offense. I agree with you, I don't think they will start out with Kapanen, but he's talented enough to throw into the mix, especially if the offense is not on right away.

Can't wait til he gets the Marcus Naslund/Beau Bennett treatment next year on the 4th line with scrubs then benched for 10 weeks when he doesn't produce.

Don't forget Tangradi, too.

And getting Alex Stojanov for Naslund was a steal.  :ph34r:

Don't forget Tangradi, too.

And getting Alex Stojanov for Naslund was a steal.  :ph34r:

Ahhhhhhh Alek Stojanov, Him and Dave Roche are a real blast from the past,IIRC in I think it's the SNES version of EA NHL 97 Joe Dziedzic is rated an 80 overall remember him, uhhhh He was tall and shot hard, ....thats about all.

Archived