VLC finally has a moment

King Knut

That second fight almost makes me want to keep they guy.  If only you could keep a player and trade his contract. 

Actually scratch that.  I'd love to keep VLC, It's his damn contract that's the problem.  I think he's got some left in the tank and can be utilized well under a coach who has some idea of what to do with him.

Ultimately though, no matter how I feel about the player or the coach he's under, it's the contract that can't stay. 

That second fight almost makes me want to keep they guy.  If only you could keep a player and trade his contract. 

Actually scratch that.  I'd love to keep VLC, It's his damn contract that's the problem.  I think he's got some left in the tank and can be utilized well under a coach who has some idea of what to do with him.

Ultimately though, no matter how I feel about the player or the coach he's under, it's the contract that can't stay. 

He's a good guy, but his level of play has been less than average....

So Vinny 'jumping' an unsuspecting player and potentially getting a concussion in the process is enough to keep him??

VINNY IS TOO SLOW FOR THE NHL. 

Teams simply can't afford to have a pylon with a good shot anymore.  Even with a better contract, I wouldn't want him.  Give the spot to a kid instead.  Vinny was out performed by even our 4th liners like White, Vandevelde, etc.

So Vinny 'jumping' an unsuspecting player and potentially getting a concussion in the process is enough to keep him??

No.  I actually could care less that it was a fight.  I just enjoyed seeing him take control of a situation and make it his own for once. 

And let's face it.  Lowe was just being a rookie jack ass with a jack ass dad in the stands doing what rookie jack asses do and for once in this pathetic excuse of a hockey league, the rookie jack ass was treated with the respect he merited being treated with.

Oh and I've got news for you, we're "keeping" VLC no matter what happens unless a new coach can figure out how to get him scoring again by the deadline next year, so you might as well A) get used to it and B) start looking for things to enjoy about it.

I will say this i'd keep both RJ and VLC if it meant Hexy could/would trade the worst contract in Mcdud's...i'd be happy if he could move that bum first that is 5 more years of suckage!!! Move Mcturd first!!!

I will say this i'd keep both RJ and VLC if it meant Hexy could/would trade the worst contract in Mcdud's...i'd be happy if he could move that bum first that is 5 more years of suckage!!! Move Mcturd first!!!

Sadly I think it would be easier to move a mountain.

No.  I actually could care less that it was a fight.  I just enjoyed seeing him take control of a situation and make it his own for once. 

And let's face it.  Lowe was just being a rookie jack ass with a jack ass dad in the stands doing what rookie jack asses do and for once in this pathetic excuse of a hockey league, the rookie jack ass was treated with the respect he merited being treated with.

Oh and I've got news for you, we're "keeping" VLC no matter what happens unless a new coach can figure out how to get him scoring again by the deadline next year, so you might as well A) get used to it and B) start looking for things to enjoy about it.

Lowe crosschecked vinny in the back and vinny decided to fight him over it... no problem with that.  

Vinny gets pummeled for his decision.... no problem with that.

Vinny "taking control of the situation".... by jumping the kid after they'd already fought once and vinny got embarrassed?...  Not sure that's taking control of anything.  I think it's losing control.  

There is NOTHING I can enjoy about watching VLC flounder around and embarrass himself.  He's a shell of his former self.   A new coach won't help.  Coaching can't improve VLC's skating.  

I just hope Hextall bites the bullet and buys him out.  If not this summer, next.

The salary is one thing. Debatable. The length of the deal is utterly mind boggling.

Look up Kris Russell in Calgary and tell me how he is significantly different aside from being more effective at half the cost.

Look up Kris Russell in Calgary and tell me how he is significantly different aside from being more effective at half the cost.

Speaking of him did he set the record for blocked shots in a season i know he was awful close this year.

Lowe crosschecked vinny in the back and vinny decided to fight him over it... no problem with that.

Vinny gets pummeled for his decision.... no problem with that.

Vinny "taking control of the situation".... by jumping the kid after they'd already fought once and vinny got embarrassed?... Not sure that's taking control of anything. I think it's losing control.

There is NOTHING I can enjoy about watching VLC flounder around and embarrass himself. He's a shell of his former self. A new coach won't help. Coaching can't improve VLC's skating.

I just hope Hextall bites the bullet and buys him out. If not this summer, next.

I don't know why or how after the first fight, but he sure "took control" of Lowe in the second one. He manhandled him like a school bully. I thought he might shove him in a locker or give him a swirly.

He can still pass and still shoot. He can't skate. He should retire, but he's getting paid too much. Homer screwed the pooch.

Even so, he'll still play better under a new coach.

I don't know why or how after the first fight, but he sure "took control" of Lowe in the second one.

Well of course he knew he was going to fight and even started punching before Lowe even knew he was fighting....it's all good i hope that was the last time i ever see Vinny in a Flyer uniform. Please Lord.

Vinny has been a casual of the Berube era. One of the brightest minds in hockey mismanaged the crap outta VLC and I don't think there were any words minced by his agent when he specifically mentioned Berube being the roadblock to VLC being productive in Philly. Let's face it, his contract is horrible and we're likely to see VLC back next year. Under a different coach, I think we could see an entirely different VLC. Not saying he's gonna light it up like Nodl and outscore Jagr next year... but I do NOT think VLC is as bad as he's looked with the Flyers and I DO think he's got more in the tank. 

Vinny has been a casual of the Berube era. One of the brightest minds in hockey mismanaged the crap outta VLC and I don't think there were any words minced by his agent when he specifically mentioned Berube being the roadblock to VLC being productive in Philly. Let's face it, his contract is horrible and we're likely to see VLC back next year. Under a different coach, I think we could see an entirely different VLC. Not saying he's gonna light it up like Nodl and outscore Jagr next year... but I do NOT think VLC is as bad as he's looked with the Flyers and I DO think he's got more in the tank.

Right there with you. He'll never merit his contract, but there's more to get out of him for sure. Might as well if they can.

Time to drop the hammer

fails_gif_02.gif

on Berube!!!!!!!

Absolutely.  Because you cannot buy out an injured player, and what GM is going to trade for this version of VLC with that contract?

Vinnie knew what he was doing, getting punched in the head like that.

Archived