Will this be the year we see a return of offer sheets?

J0e Th0rnton

Quite a few teams in cap hell. Word is the cap may stay at 69mill.

Chicago is about to feel the wrath of those huge contracts they just gave Toews and Kane.

They have 65 million invested in 15 players. Saad just had a huge year and is RFA. Kruger is RFA as well, although not as enticing. 2nd line center Richards at 2 million only scored 37 points this season. Oduya is UFA and due for a raise.

Ugh.

LA is in worse shape. They have 10 million locked up in useless players long term like Richards and Brown. 62 million locked up for 15 players. Voynov is still counting against their cap 4+ mill and may go to jail and still count. Williams and Stoll are UFA, as is Sekara. Toffoli is RFA.

The Rangers are tight. Yikes. Zuccarello and StLouis are UFA. Stepan and Hagelin RFA.

Boston gets a bit of relief from Savard LTIR, but not enough. Reilly Smith, Hamilton and Krug all RFA. Soderberg and McQuaid are UFA's.

Sucks to have to figure out this mess. But some of these names are ripe for RFA offer sheets. Hamilton was the Bruins best Dman this season, and a lot of people would consider him worth losing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for a contract between 5-6.7 million playing this well this young.

A lot of people might consider throwing a 3.3 million contract at Toffoli and only losing a 2nd.

And Saad is worth a lot. 21 years old.

@J0e Th0rnton

I put out a partial list of free UFA's, WOW what a weak class. Now Marty St. Louis says he wants to come back to New York for one year and then retire, so it takes him off the list. Simply put a bunch of third liners who are going to get over paid. Clarkson would be a good one in this class. Just nothing out there in free agency.

I wrote that trades will be abundant, aggressive GM's will be proactive and look elsewhere from this class for help.

Also, I wondered, and still do if the collusion that is RFA will finally end. Not since the Flyers offer sheeted Weber has an offer been made. Lots of good young talent, it would be nice to see Saad or Stepan or Kadri or ANYONE of the bunch offer sheeted. I still cannot for the life of me believe that the NHL has gotten away with shutting the door on a monetary deal for the players without getting sued.

It wont be Holland, too conservative. I could see a team like Dallas offering a contract to a Justin Schultz or Carolina going after Nyquist. Frankly I think the buzz would be great for the game.

Good fun topic.

@J0e Th0rnton

I put out a partial list of free UFA's, WOW what a weak class. Now Marty St. Louis says he wants to come back to New York for one year and then retire, so it takes him off the list. Simply put a bunch of third liners who are going to get over paid. Clarkson would be a good one in this class. Just nothing out there in free agency.

I wrote that trades will be abundant, aggressive GM's will be proactive and look elsewhere from this class for help.

Also, I wondered, and still do if the collusion that is RFA will finally end. Not since the Flyers offer sheeted Weber has an offer been made. Lots of good young talent, it would be nice to see Saad or Stepan or Kadri or ANYONE of the bunch offer sheeted. I still cannot for the life of me believe that the NHL has gotten away with shutting the door on a monetary deal for the players without getting sued.

It wont be Holland, too conservative. I could see a team like Dallas offering a contract to a Justin Schultz or Carolina going after Nyquist. Frankly I think the buzz would be great for the game.

Good fun topic.

Oh this years UFA pool is the worst I have seen in a long time I agree.

Both of our teams may be after Green lol. Knowing Wilson, probably not.

But if the Sharks do nothing with 15 million in cap space, I am going to blow a gasket.

Archived