Joe Thornton on McClellan, "Maybe he should talk to this family."

yave1964

First Joe Thornton said about GM Doug Wilson, "Maybe Doug should shut his mouth" and now this.

Coach Todd McClellan seems to be on the way out in San Jose, he is taking time to decide what to do,mPxrOyzdEShnOKVzOkf2C1g.jpg McClellan has stated that before he makes his final decision he wants to discuss it with his family. While cleaning out his locker after the Sharks missed the playoffs by ten points Joe Thornton sneered, ""Todd has to talk to his family. Maybe he should talk to this family as well in here. We'll see what happens."

I am disgusted by this, as are many fans who are not wearing teal colored glasses. I am seeing more and more why the captaincy was stripped from Mr. October of the hockey world, the new Marcel Dionne.

San Jose has long been derided and mocked by writers and fans for their country club attitude and it appears clear from Thornton's comments about his GM and his coach that the inmates have clearly taken over the asylum. 

Maybe, just maybe it is October Joe who should shut HIS mouth.

"He cares about the game so much. The reason we took the 'C' off him... Joe carries the weight of the team on his shoulders, and he's got such a big heart that when stress comes on him, he lashes out at people," Wilson

Joe Thornton is just proving Doug Wilson's point

First Joe Thornton said about GM Doug Wilson, "Maybe Doug should shut his mouth" and now this.

Coach Todd McClellan seems to be on the way out in San Jose, he is taking time to decide what to do,mPxrOyzdEShnOKVzOkf2C1g.jpg McClellan has stated that before he makes his final decision he wants to discuss it with his family. While cleaning out his locker after the Sharks missed the playoffs by ten points Joe Thornton sneered, ""Todd has to talk to his family. Maybe he should talk to this family as well in here. We'll see what happens."

I am disgusted by this, as are many fans who are not wearing teal colored glasses. I am seeing more and more why the captaincy was stripped from Mr. October of the hockey world, the new Marcel Dionne.

San Jose has long been derided and mocked by writers and fans for their country club attitude and it appears clear from Thornton's comments about his GM and his coach that the inmates have clearly taken over the asylum. 

Sorry yave and Jags. You are buying into a bunch of Media sensationalist propaganda spin horsecrap.

I watched the interview from the link on twitter. There was no sneering. No bad intentions at all in the comment.

Former Sharks Analyst Drew Remenda texted Thornton, discussed it with him, and flat out stated on his podcast that the media sensationalism spin being put out to get website hits that people are eating up is a load of horsecrap after speaking with Joe.

For several days before this comment, news stories have been going around that maybe Todd was going to quit instead of be fired. That he needed to talk to his family before he made any decisions, etc etc that maybe it would an amiable "Walk away"

Thornton's comment that "maybe he should come talk to this family too" was a flat out from the heart "Todd is part of our family" statement and "He should talk to us too before he makes the decision to walk away".

Remenda further went on to say the reason Thornton lashed out at Wilson at the time was because he was unaware of the comments Wilson had made at the time, and the journalist who popped the quote on Thornton left out just enough of what Wilson really said for Thornton to get the idea Wilson was trashing him.

Given that TMac sided with and backed up Thornton in the Wilson comments debacle, the media spin everyone is trying to put out is ridiculous.

Simple as that. Journalists have people buying into Vietnam all over again.

http://www.knbr.com/all-knbr-podcasts/

Scroll down to Drew Remenda april 15th and listen

"Joe and I texted back and forth and Joe said "'Maybe we don't want him to leave. maybe we need him. it was a nudge to say HEY we are your family too. Maybe you should talk to us before you think of leaving. We have been together 7 years, don't forget about talking to us first""

@JagerMeister@yave1964

oh look. Finally someone published the true comments!

http://www.fearthefin.com/2015/4/16/8434853/drew-remenda-thorntons-comment-wasnt-a-jab-at-mclellan#comment_tease

Why the hell is the only person to give us accurate answers the guy that was cast away for speaking his mind? Why hasn’t anybody in the media, Kurz, Pollack, etc, had the integrity to clarify controversial statements before publishing?

@JagerMeister@yave1964

oh look. Finally someone published the true comments!

http://www.fearthefin.com/2015/4/16/8434853/drew-remenda-thorntons-comment-wasnt-a-jab-at-mclellan#comment_tease

Why the hell is the only person to give us accurate answers the guy that was cast away for speaking his mind? Why hasn’t anybody in the media, Kurz, Pollack, etc, had the integrity to clarify controversial statements before publishing?

I stand corrected, (actually I am sitting).

I still think that the Sharks Country club mentality needs addressed, a jerk of a player, a Pronger type needs brought in to take the clubhouse over. I don't see Thornton, or Marleau or anyone else on the team capable of assuming the role. Most of the players are vanilla non quote machines.

Usually you want your best player being the one who runs the clubhouse. I still do not see Thornton being capable of doing that.

Pretty much BS that the reporters posted the way that they did on this subject. If you want, I will take this post down. I just went by what was out there everywhere. Agreed, irresponsible journalism at its finest.

I still think that the Sharks Country club mentality needs addressed, a jerk of a player, a Pronger type needs brought in to take the clubhouse over. I don't see Thornton, or Marleau or anyone else on the team capable of assuming the role. Most of the players are vanilla non quote machines.

Usually you want your best player being the one who runs the clubhouse. I still do not see Thornton being capable of doing that.

Pretty much BS that the reporters posted the way that they did on this subject. If you want, I will take this post down. I just went by what was out there everywhere. Agreed, irresponsible journalism at its finest.

Nah. How about we just edit the title lol.

It is kind of a testament to arsehole reporters

I am starting to notice a bit of a rift between certain players. Almost imperceptible unless you follow their tweets and comments, but present.

Right now, I always hear nothing but praise and love for Joe Thornton from teammates Pavelski, Vlasic, Marleau, Burns and Wingels and even from Coach Todd(Todd stood on Thornton's side supporting him during the Wilson comments).

Last year, Wilson mentioned certain players got a bit Beta male butthurt in the locker room because Joe tends to be loud and aggressive when the team is not playing to par. And Wilson claimed it affected their play.

And right now, a lot of players are claiming they work well together, and respect Joe, and that they feel there is decent locker room leadership, etc. Hertl loves Thornton and his compete level and drive, Nieto speaks highly of him, and Karlsson was nothing but praise either.

Except one guy, who claims the locker room is not great. Couture.

Strangely, Couture's best friends on the team last season and this season were Demers, Sheppard, Stalock and Burish. Who were traded or demoted to the minors except Stalock(Who was not given a true opportunity this season). Also strange, Couture was not given one of the 4 "A"s by Todd as an alternate and expressed disappointment. Although Couture always speaks highly of Todd.

Totally agree stay out the damn media with this crap....keep it in house...be professional nothing to be gained by going to the media.

Totally agree stay out the damn media with this crap....keep it in house...be professional nothing to be gained by going to the media.

Oh jesus. Everyone is going to just read the headlines....

This whole "Thornton takes a jab at TMac" thing has already been shown to have been media sensationalism.

Read the links I posted. I even watched the interview. There was nothing malicious in it at all. It was meant as a heartfelt "We are your family too, talk to us before you make a decision to leave".

The whole nonsense with Wilson before this was a setup. Freaking Pollak liberally edited what Wilson said when interviewing Thornton. Wilson was pretty nice in what he said, even if it was not the time to make the comments. He just popped in on Joe before Joe had even heard or read what Wilson said, but he popped it in the manner of omitting the nice parts and just throwing a "WIlson just said today he stripped you of the C because...."

Thornton was on the spot, and fooled by the media(Much like everyone reading these bullcrap stories about him taking a shot at TMac), so he lashed at what he assumed was being torched by his GM.

Drew Remenda explained everything on his podcast interview, but everyone is still ignoring the fact that the media is twisting everything to make headlines.

There was nothing malicious in it at all. It was meant as a heartfelt "We are your family too, talk to us before you make a decision to leave".

Why am i not shocked it was something they took and twisted and then get pissed when the guys don't want to talk to them...

@yave1964@JagerMeister@OccamsRazor

I have an interesting question for you guys. Based on this situation.

Let's presume a guy on your team gave a bit of a bad effort. Your captain is an energetic alpha male and gives him the rough end of his tongue between periods. Much like most captains do.

Instead of responding to the Captain, getting angry and using that energy in the game. He shrivels up like a beta male shrinking violet and does not respond. In any case, the team buggers the series and loses.

Then, he goes to the GM complaining that it bothers him to get the rough end of the tongue and it hurts his confidence and affects his play like a little brother running to Mommy and telling her older Brother was mean to him. Mommy then sides with the young brother and chastises and punishes the older brother.

Where do you stand?

Let's presume a guy on your team gave a bit of a bad effort. Your captain is an energetic alpha male and gives him the rough end of his tongue between periods. Much like most captains do.

Instead of responding to the Captain, getting angry and using that energy in the game. He shrivels up like a beta male shrinking violet and does not respond. In any case, the team buggers the series and loses.

Then, he goes to the GM complaining that it bothers him to get the rough end of the tongue and it hurts his confidence and affects his play like a little brother running to Mommy and telling her older Brother was mean to him. Mommy then sides with the young brother and chastises and punishes the older brother.

Where do you stand?

Any player like that can go. Couture  is who I believe you are referring to on the Sharks, good goal scorer, wingers are easily replaced but even if he were a number one blueliner, a number one center, whatever, anyone who runs to the GM about the way the captain is demanding excellence from him should be skewered and ran out of tiwn. Period. I hope and pray the Wings never have that. We have been extrordinarilly lucky since Kozlov had his disgruntled butt traded to Buffalo in 2002. The Wings simply do not allow that type of player.

Any player like that can go. Couture  is who I believe you are referring to on the Sharks, good goal scorer, wingers are easily replaced but even if he were a number one blueliner, a number one center, whatever, anyone who runs to the GM about the way the captain is demanding excellence from him should be skewered and ran out of tiwn. Period. I hope and pray the Wings never have that. We have been extrordinarilly lucky since Kozlov had his disgruntled butt traded to Buffalo in 2002. The Wings simply do not allow that type of player.

I don't know for sure it is Couture. I just suspect. He is the ONLY guy who claimed the locker room culture was not great. All his closest friends but Stalock were traded and he whined a bit when he did not get a letter.

He also comes off as a big beta male. He will look at his toes the whole time addressing the media with no confidence(All the sharks exit interviews are up finally). I also hate how he dives every game and does not get chippy or stand up for himself or teammates short of a shove here and there. It is embarrassing.

Where do you stand?

Wow yeah that is not good. That is not how men are suppose to conduct them selves. So i'm not familiar witb the back story who was this?

Wow yeah that is not good. That is not how men are suppose to conduct them selves. So i'm not familiar witb the back story who was this?

Never revealed.

Wilson brought up that a few players had their feelings hurt because Joe would sometimes have a cutting remark delivery that intimidated people and you should not have a captain people are intimidated by, and that it was one of the reasons they decided to strip him of the captaincy.

It boggles my mind.

They talk about "culture" not being good, but promote "Wah mom. Big Bro was mean to me because I messed up"

"What? I'll ground him"

Archived