Burrows Leaves Canucks Practice, Taken By Stretcher in Ambulance

Podein25

Sounds like he had some sort of event, left practice feeling lousy, then taken by ambulance (but not with sirens or lights) but conscious: http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2015/04/21/alex-burrows-leaves-canucks-practice-on-stretcher/

that is terrible... hope all is well.  Really want to see Calgary win this series but hate to see anything like that.   Scary...

he wasn't partying w/ the Kings now was he?   ;)

@murraycraven

At least one source saying broken ribs: http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2015-04-21/ccanucks-alexandre-burrows-leaves-practice-stretcher-flames

If so, that would put him out for the series for sure I'd think. I'm also cheering for Calgary and once the Jets are finished off will be cheering them all the way. I'd love a Isles-Flames final. Both fun teams to watch.

Broken rib for Burrows.

Baertschi is expected to replace Burrows for tonight's game.

At the risk of sounding crass, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!  :ph34r:

Don't want anything life threatening to happen to the guy, but if he is just sidelined with busted ribs and can't play, then good for Calgary.

One less pest to deal with.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
At the risk of sounding crass, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!  :ph34r:

Don't want anything life threatening to happen to the guy, but if he is just sidelined with busted ribs and can't play, then good for Calgary.

One less pest to deal with.  ;)

wow I never thought to hear something like that from you!

that is terrible... hope all is well.  Really want to see Calgary win this series but hate to see anything like that.   Scary...

He was with Giroux I think! ;D lol

he was with Giroux! :) lol

wow I never thought to hear something like that from you!

LOL...why??

I said I DIDN'T want anything life threatening to happen to him...I know he has a family to support and don't wish him harm so he couldn't provide for them.

But, he is STILL  pest, always has been, always will...and sometimes, being knocked out of action like he has (he is still getting paid, and can still feed his family you understand), puts a different outlook on a guy whenever the urge to do something, shall we say, 'unsavory', to his fellow NHL players. ;)

LOL...why??

I said I DIDN'T want anything life threatening to happen to him...I know he has a family to support and don't wish him harm so he couldn't provide for them.

But, he is STILL  pest, always has been, always will...and sometimes, being knocked out of action like he has (he is still getting paid, and can still feed his family you understand), puts a different outlook on a guy whenever the urge to do something, shall we say, 'unsavory', to his fellow NHL players. ;)

I was surprised that you disliked the guy that much to see him hurt! (not critical thank God) I dislike Fleury, I still don't want to see him hurt!

Archived