Top 5 Winnipeg Chants

Podein25

Jets fans are earning a reputation for their funny, sometimes whimsical, chants aimed at the visiting team.

My favorite has to be chanting "Let's Go Blue Jays" while the Leafs were in town last month. Brilliant.

@Podein25

Not sure if this qualifies, or if it was a 'Jets thing' or just a Canadian thing in general, but while attending a Jets-Wild game at Xcel in St. Paul, I noticed a very large contingent of Winnipeg fans who had gotten into the building.

In fact, one section, behind the Wild goalie, almost an entire section seemed to be wearing Jets colors.

Anyways, during the Canadian national anthem, right after the singer said "...the true north strong and free...", seemed all Jets fans in attendance yelled out simultaneously, "TRUE NORTH!"

Either that was a custom, or these did a HECK of a job in co-coordinating with each other. :)

At any rate, the atmosphere was pretty raucous all game....chants of "Let's go Wild", mixed in with "Go Jets Go" all game.

It's one of the reasons I think a Wild-Jets rivalry could be HUGE, provided both teams remain competitive at the same time.

Katie Perry ! Katie Perry!!

Yeah, they were doing that the other night, but it is being criticized for being a bit lame or boring, so we'll see what new ones they may have in store for tonight. Here are some vid links to the Top 5:

http://metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/1346665/amp-up-the-creativity-jets-fans-five-of-our-best-mts-centre-chants/

@TropicalFruitGirl26

As far as I can tell, they've been doing the "True North" thing for quite awhile. Started in the first season back. True North is the name of the corporate partnership that owns the team....

Yeah, they were doing that the other night, but it is being criticized for being a bit lame or boring, so we'll see what new ones they may have in store for tonight. Here are some vid links to the Top 5:

http://metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/1346665/amp-up-the-creativity-jets-fans-five-of-our-best-mts-centre-chants/

@TropicalFruitGirl26

As far as I can tell, they've been doing the "True North" thing for quite awhile. Started in the first season back. True North is the name of the corporate partnership that owns the team....

Ahh, I see....I guess I just never noticed that before, though usually, while at home watching games, I am doing other things while anthems are sung.

Guess actually being at the game and hearing it up close and personal made me think it was something new.

And didn't know the story behind True North, the corporate sponsor either.....I tell ya, I learn new things all the time on this site. :D

When the Caps are in town the Jets fans chant "Crosby is better than you" every time Ovechkin touches the puck. 

Yeah, that's one of the five. Good stuff. Of course, there's also just the good old fashioned "Kesler Sucks" type chants which are always crowd pleasers.

Let's hope the Jets can figure out a way to win one...

Yeah, that's one of the five. Good stuff. Of course, there's also just the good old fashioned "Kesler Sucks" type chants which are always crowd pleasers.

Let's hope the Jets can figure out a way to win one...

As we say after another Flyer loss to end the season....there's always next year!

Archived