2015 World Men's Hockey Championships

The Mountain Man

I am very happy to hear that Sidney Crosby has stepped up to the plate today and is going to the Worlds to represent Canada. Its nice to see this since he takes so much heat for skipping large events like this and the All Star game. I dont know how he will do at this point but at least he is going.

I hope that McDavid is done early enough from the Junior Playoffs to also make it over. I would love to see a Hall-McDavid-Eberle line start and get some chemistry early.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@

I have to agree on Crosby, however he has played in the international events.  It was only this year that he didn't play in the All Star Game.

Jagr came out of international retirement also to represent the Czechs.

And Eichel will also be playing for team USA.

@

I have to agree on Crosby, however he has played in the international events.  It was only this year that he didn't play in the All Star Game.

WTF???? No he didn't!!!!

CEHmmeiW0AAc0I5.jpg

Anyone taking notice of team USA?

The speedy Americans are led by Jack Eichel, Dylan Larkin, Jimmy Vesey, Seth Jones, Justin Falk, and Cory Krug are undefeated, 3 -0, to lead group B.  They have defeated the best teams in the group Finland and Russia.  The strength of their game thus far has been speed, as they are outracing opponents to the puck, back checking aggressively to eliminate odd man rushes, and are creating opportunities by keeping their feet moving at all times.

@hf101

I've followed it more than usual (the Worlds that is) but only because of the many Flyers playing.

Its just hard to get pumped up for another tournament when the Stanley Cup playoffs are on.

I agree with that, I thought these would begin after the Stanley Cup Finals.  What makes the whole tournament less inviting is the games are on during the daytime.

@hf101

I don't like day games (that includes NHL). I don't like watching then and I hate playing them. It just seems like hockey should be played in the evening.

Canada got lucky with the forwards this year. Usually you're not getting the likes of Crosby/Giroux/Duchene/MacKinnon. When I see the forward lines, i wonder who's going to compete with that. 

Then I look at the D and goaltending, and wonder how we're going to compete.  :unsure[1]:

@

speaking of Jagr...

0.25 till the end of the video is the best part, girls having orgasms just by seeing Jagr pull dem moves off...

if someone would have told me Jagr actually hit someone in a hocke game i would have laughed right at their face and called them a moron....

Aaron Ekblad with a goal and an assist and player of the game honors in Canadas 6-4 win over Sweden (after being down 3-0 in first)

It sounded like a good game. I was home doing my taxes and had it on, but wasn't really paying attention (why is there no sheep-owning tax credit?!). All I know is that one moment it was 3-0 Sweden and the next it was 4-3 Canada. Crazy game by the sounds of it.

Belarus still has to play Russia on Saturday, Finland Monday, and Norway Tuesday, so I don't know how long they'll sit on top of the group, but hard not to root for a team with no current NHLers on it.

@AJgoal

Even more amazing is they did it with both Kostitsyns ON the team.

And even more amazing...that Belarusian goalie who stoned the US...(in my best Don Cherry impersonation) a good ol' Kingston boy!

Archived