2015 World Men's Hockey Championships

The Mountain Man

A valiant effort by "Collegiate" Team USA scoreless through 2.5 periods deflated though after the Russians scored 2 goals.  Considering they played against Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuck, Tarasenko they played a strong back and forth game.

http://www.iihfworlds2015.com/en/games/2015-05-16/USA-vs-RUS/

Tough loss...but wow when Kovalchuk is a 4th liner that is a deep team.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to team USA with the Bronze medal  - not too bad for a bunch of NCAA players    ;)   A great job also by coach Todd Richards with this youthful team.

USA Lines for the tournament consisted of:

Moses - Larkin - Hendricks

Smith - Acrobello - Sexton

Eichel - Lewis - Nelson

Morin - Coyle - Lee

Faulk - Krug

Jones - Reilly

Murphy - Gardiner

Redmond

Hellebuyck

Campbell

Congrats to team USA with the Bronze medal - not too bad for a bunch of NCAA players ;) A great job also by coach Todd Richards with this youthful team.

USA Lines for the tournament consisted of:

Moses - Larkin - Hendricks

Smith - Acrobello - Sexton

Eichel - Lewis - Nelson

Morin - Coyle - Lee

Faulk - Krug

Jones - Reilly

Murphy - Gardiner

Redmond

Hellebuyck

Campbell

Pretty impressive. Must say Helleybuck looks good. My first real look at him. Jets future looks good.

Pretty impressive. Must say Helleybuck looks good. My first real look at him. Jets future looks good.

Agree Pods, The Jets might have a decision to make this summer.  Hellebuyck surely looks good enough to hold a NHL job with the Jets this season.

@hf101  I must say, I've never even heard of this Helyebucyk prospect....but hey, he's a young guy that got the bronze....which is pretty awesome! 

I found this video of him, he's just talking bout the tourny in general....but certainly seems like a nice young man, and well grounded.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12840990

Agree Pods, The Jets might have a decision to make this summer. Hellebuyck surely looks good enough to hold a NHL job with the Jets this season.

That's not the general consensus around the Jets though. The feeling is that he needs another full year in the AHL. Still, he looks like a keeper.

Pavelec redeemed himself this year paying lights out down the stretch and is under contract (which most think is not movable).

Hutchinson is unproven meanwhile.

So the Jets will go with Pavs, try Hutch if he fails and then call up Helleybuck if they have to.

@Podein25  I *used* to think the Pavlec contract was unmoveable....that was before he stood on his friggin head and literally dragged the Jets with him to the playoffs. No way they get in without the stellar netminding of Pavlec...I'm not a fan...but gotta give the guy credit, his end of year run was only surpassed by the Hamburgler. In other words, he did exactly what a 5 mill+ goalie should do....lead when necessary.

If that Pavlec contract is indeed moveable like I think it is at the present moment....I'd make that move real quick....he is signed for to long and he might really stink at the end of it. It would be a huge leap of faith for the Jets management...but I'd ditch Pavs if I could. Going in a season with Hutch and another vet acquisition...that would be respectable....as long as they picked the right back up. This would also give the Helley kid a full season of AHL hockey....since most agree he would be best suited there....

If I remember the Jets coach and Pavs have a history of working well together....Pavs might really suck if moved from Winnipeg.

Video clip of Claude Giroux's SICK assist to Tyler Seguin...I mean WOW...this is just a thing of beauty...only a true superstar could make a pass like that!!!  It not only shows angle and percision...but perfect knowledge of where Seguin was in relation to the back checking d-man....all this from a no look....yeah, because like all the great ones, Claude can just feel where he is gonna be....what a gift!!

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/5/17/8618155/girouxs-unreal-pass-to-sequin-leads-to-canadas-4th-goal-in-gold-medal?_ga=1.208028823.488884246.1430241527

@Podein25 I *used* to think the Pavlec contract was unmoveable....that was before he stood on his friggin head and literally dragged the Jets with him to the playoffs. No way they get in without the stellar netminding of Pavlec...I'm not a fan...but gotta give the guy credit, his end of year run was only surpassed by the Hamburgler. In other words, he did exactly what a 5 mill+ goalie should do....lead when necessary.

If that Pavlec contract is indeed moveable like I think it is at the present moment....I'd make that move real quick....he is signed for to long and he might really stink at the end of it. It would be a huge leap of faith for the Jets management...but I'd ditch Pavs if I could. Going in a season with Hutch and another vet acquisition...that would be respectable....as long as they picked the right back up. This would also give the Helley kid a full season of AHL hockey....since most agree he would be best suited there....

If I remember the Jets coach and Pavs have a history of working well together....Pavs might really suck if moved from Winnipeg.

Sharks should be in the market for a goaltender...but i was thinking they could maybe use Anderson out of Ottawa if they were looking to move him.......i can't remember if he is signed or a UFA?

Video clip of Claude Giroux's SICK assist to Tyler Seguin...I mean WOW...this is just a thing of beauty...only a true superstar could make a pass like that!!!  It not only shows angle and percision...but perfect knowledge of where Seguin was in relation to the back checking d-man....all this from a no look....yeah, because like all the great ones, Claude can just feel where he is gonna be....what a gift!!

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/5/17/8618155/girouxs-unreal-pass-to-sequin-leads-to-canadas-4th-goal-in-gold-medal?_ga=1.208028823.488884246.1430241527

Yep. Named player of the game!

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/600050224330121216

Well that was total annihilation. Shots were 37-12 and it wasn't that close. 7 of top 11 scorers overall were on Team Canada... 16 Canadians finished the tournament in the top 20 +/- (how did crosby only manage a +1?) Barrie native Brent Burns finished 2nd in scoring by defence, 19 year old Barrie Colt alumni Aaron Ekblad finshed 4th and Tyson Barrie finished 9th. (beat that jammer  :D )

Couturier proved he can play both sides of the puck when given NHL calibre linemates (take note new coach). Schenn lost his icetime when Crosby joined the team.. He only played in one game after that but he did score in it.  Giroux was player of the game and named 1 of the top 3 Canadians of the tournament. He took most of the important faceoffs (actually he took more than anyone in the tournament and won 62%) was on the top pp and pk unit and finished with 10 points and a +11.  :thumbsu:

Classless Kovalchuk leads the other losers off the ice before the playing of Oh Canada...what a total douche this guy is. Whats the matter Kovy, you're not getting paid to listen to it?  :thumbsd:

Archived