Can Someone Please Tell the Flames to go back to THESE Uniforms?

WordsOfWisdom

Open memo to Calgary Flames organization:

Switch back to these.

Flames03.png

The jerseys can be modernized and "cleaned up" to bring them in line with 2015 jerseys, but the fashion police are calling and the black "C" logo is the worst looking logo in the NHL. The Calgary Flames are NOT the New Jersey Devils or Team Canada! Stop wearing black and red because it looks absolutely disgusting on a team whose colors have always been red and yellow. (You know, the color of an actual FLAME.)  Thank you.  :)

The worst jersey in the NHL?... put down the pipe WOW.

You honestly think those jerseys look worse than NASHVILLE's puke/mustard coloured  jerseys?

Cheap-Men-s-12-Mike-Fisher-Jersey-2015-N

I also don't like these Capitals jerseys...   The amount of stars/placement of the stars is really amateurish imo.  And the matching stars going down their pants are terrible too.

3f33627c607e0ad2.jpg

The worst jersey in the NHL?... put down the pipe WOW.

You honestly think those jerseys look worse than NASHVILLE's puke/mustard coloured  jerseys?

I also don't like these Capitals jerseys...   The amount of stars/placement of the stars is really amateurish imo.  And the matching stars going down their pants are terrible too.

It's not that the color scheme is the worst in the NHL, it's that the color scheme is the most inappropriate for the Calgary Flames.

I think Nashville's uniforms look awesome because they are being true to their team's colors. They are also unique. I like the Capitals uniforms too. Terrific color contrast and bright, vibrant colors.

By having black and red, the Flames have less color. They look like a flame about to be extinguished. They should have bright colors. Detroit red and Sabres yellow "gold" is the Flames colors. My two cents. :)

I thought the addition of the blue Alberta flag patch on the arm was kinda cool, but yeah...the black is not working, they need to go back to the plain yellow and red, the way it was meant to be.

I agree that the Flames should go back to the old jerseys. I tend to prefer the older jerseys of a lot of teams. Everyone should go retro. Except the Canucks. The Canucks should never go back to those hideous jerseys in their past.

I agree that the Flames should go back to the old jerseys. I tend to prefer the older jerseys of a lot of teams. Everyone should go retro. Except the Canucks. The Canucks should never go back to those hideous jerseys in their past.

The current Canucks uniforms pretty much are their early uniforms, except for the hockey stick logo:

000096802_Prazak-Hockey_Hall_of_Fame_Col

The current Canucks uniforms pretty much are their early uniforms, except for the hockey stick logo:

000096802_Prazak-Hockey_Hall_of_Fame_Col

That's true. And I do like the hockey stick logo. My original statement had those puke inducing black, red, and gold threads in mind... Those were horrible...

That's true. And I do like the hockey stick logo. My original statement had those puke inducing black, red, and gold threads in mind... Those were horrible...

Yeah, I figured you were talking about the yellow pajamas they used to wear. I do like the hockey stick better than the C/Orca logo.

Yeah, I figured you were talking about the yellow pajamas they used to wear. I do like the hockey stick better than the C/Orca logo.

The hockey stick is simple. And hockey related. The Orca, not so much.

If I was the owner of a new franchise, I'd go with ultra simple: a guy with a club. On skates.

Or maybe a sheep.

The hockey stick is simple. And hockey related. The Orca, not so much.

If I was the owner of a new franchise, I'd go with ultra simple: a guy with a club. On skates.

Or maybe a sheep.

Well, hockey is played on ice (fyi) and orcas hunt under the ice, so it's kind of related.

Well, hockey is played on ice (fyi) and orcas hunt under the ice, so it's kind of related.

That's like saying water polo is like hockey cause it's a team sport, with nets, played in water, which is basically ice only less frozen.

!

That's like saying water polo is like hockey cause it's a team sport, with nets, played in water, which is basically ice only less frozen.

Wow, you're right... Water polo IS like hockey! I never thought of that!

Boy, you learn something new every day around here. Well maybe not every day, but some days.

Wow, you're right... Water polo IS like hockey! I never thought of that!

Boy, you learn something new every day around here. Well maybe not every day, but some days.

So does that make the horses (you know, the horses in water polo) the long snappers of the sport?

Something about blue and green doesn't do it for me. I grew up with the Canucks wearing these, and I always thought these jerseys were the best:

Canucks20.png

The logo is dated and would need to be reworked, but I have no doubt the Canucks will return to the black, red, and gold (yellow) within the next few years. :)

Canucks with the nice simple hockey stick and classic green and blue is a very nice uniform. Simple, and yeah, I consider that hockey stick iconic at this point.....that Orca is blasphemy.

• 2 weeks later...
Canuck sweater in the '90-'91 season was a nice one!

Something about blue and green doesn't do it for me. I grew up with the Canucks wearing these, and I always thought these jerseys were the best:

Canucks20.png

The logo is dated and would need to be reworked, but I have no doubt the Canucks will return to the black, red, and gold (yellow) within the next few years. :)

these are nice

• 5 months later...

NHL 93 might have been the last version I was any good at! The goalie bought the deke on a breakaway every time....

I could deke them out forehand or backhand. Backhand was a bit trickier, but still very doable. Or the "pass through the legs" was nice too lol.  :)

Looking at the unis, they messed up on New Jersey, Ottawa, and St. Louis.

(This was on the consoles, not the PC version. The PC version was correct.)  

Archived