What Changes do the Wild need to Make in the Off Season?

hf101

usa-today-8552872.0.jpg

As quoted by Michael Russo of the Star Tribune  "Their high-end guys score against Minnesota, the Wild’s high-end guys don’t against Chicago."

Why?  More Talent - Better Coaching?  A winning attitude?

Name Parise Captain
Pair Dumba with Suter.
Move Koivu to the 3rd line. giving the 2nd line to Coyle, Niederreiter and Zucker
Trade Vanek. -- what a mistake the Wild made in signing his lazy arse.  

Improve face off wins.
Decide if Yeo has what it takes to move this team forward.

Closer knit team they need in minny :)

SK3U7.gif

• 1 month later...
I will make this short and sweet they main thing the Wild need to do is snag a top line centermen.

Ah yes! A new Wild fan. WELCOME

Although I agree, they are going to have to accomplish that within the organization as they are close to the cap max.

The Wild need Granlund to be that guy.

I will make this short and sweet they main thing the Wild need to do is snag a top line centermen.

Very much agreed on this point.

However, since top line centermen don't grow on trees, the likelihood they will get one this season (at least to start...there is always the trade deadline), is slim and none.

That said, here is to hoping Mikael Granlund BECOMES that number one.

He gets a bit of flack from some people, but this young man is just that...still very young, he HAS come a long way since his finnish league days, and IMO, still has a high enough ceiling where he could still be a 1C....maybe this becomes his breakout year towards that end.

That would most certainly be awesome!

And I LOVE the bridge "show me" deal he signed with the Wild.........no long term gamble, but a chance to see really what Mr. Granlund has.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, @Born To Be Wild !

Go make an intro thread in the new members section so that everyone can know you a bit better and you can show off your Minnesota Wild pride! :D

Archived