14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the greatest team ever?

• 1971-72 Boston Bruins
    • 1983-84 Edmonton Oilers
    • 1981-82 New York Islanders
    • 1976-77 Montreal Canadiens
    • 1955-56 Montreal Canadiens
    • 2001-02 Detroit Red Wings

In seriousness, the 1976-77 Habs are probably my vote but I so want to make a case for the 1981-82 Islanders.

I'd say go for it. I suspect it would be an interesting read, and I have no doubt it would add something to the conversation.

I dunno about the greatest team per say...but the 81 Islanders were the hardest to play against. Their checkers were merciless and the team made you feel like you were being squeezed by a Boa Constrictor....the more you struggled, the better their grip got....I think the Habs of 77 was the most talented complete team ever and the Oilers had the best offense. Can't intelligently comment on the 55 Canadians, 10 years before I was born...lol.

Umm.....Reggie Leach??

Ummm.... Rux said 1974 Flyers which I took to be the first cup winning team. Leach was still with the Seals that year, he didn't join the Flyers until their second cup in 1975.

Hmmm, a little known fact about Reggie the Rifle.....from Wiki...

"John K. Samson wrote and recorded a song about Leach, which was titled "Petition" on his 2010 EP Provincial Road 222 and retitled "www.ipetitions.com/petition/rivertonrifle/" on his 2012 album Provincial.[3] The song recites the text of Samson's own petition to have Leach inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame,[3] and was formally presented to the HHOF in 2013.[3]"

@flyercanuck

Can't remember. I know I posted his "When I Write My Master's Thesis" in there, which is off that album. John K is a great song writer. Here it is:

A buddy of mine was involved with that petition and has a dog named Reggie. 

https://youtu.be/mYWeyl2qLIk?list=PL967E6D8727E61A5E

• 4 weeks later...

Archived