Kicking? I Wanna do Some Kicking!

ihabs1993

I think this season has just bothered me to some extent as the rules just seem to be misinterpreted. Why are some kicks more kick-like than others? I haven't seen anyone discuss this so I'll pose the question again.

Should players be allowed to kick the puck into the net? Should headbutts (as far as hitting the puck into the net) be allowed too?

My answer to both of these is ABSOLUTELY.

I think this season has just bothered me to some extent as the rules just seem to be misinterpreted. Why are some kicks more kick-like than others? I haven't seen anyone discuss this so I'll pose the question again.

Should players be allowed to kick the puck into the net? Should headbutts (as far as hitting the puck into the net) be allowed too?

My answer to both of these is ABSOLUTELY.

I don't like either being allowed although I admit that allowing both would remove a lot of the gray area and interpretation, etc., so it may be the way to go.  I would prefer the game be played with sticks, but I guess ultimately if you're able to get the puck in the net, you're able to get the puck in the net.

He def changed to angle of his blade with momentum of the skate that altered the direction of the puck. No goal. If he would have been in that position prior to the rebound of the puck then I would say goal , as the puck would have deflected off his blade while stopping.

He knew what he was doing

I don't like either being allowed although I admit that allowing both would remove a lot of the gray area and interpretation, etc., so it may be the way to go.  I would prefer the game be played with sticks, but I guess ultimately if you're able to get the puck in the net, you're able to get the puck in the net.

I'd go the other way.  The puck off the skate will almost always be a judgement call. Just look at this thread.  50/50 split that was a kick versus no kick.  The same is going to be true with officials. Some will say kick. Others no.  Simple fix.  If the puck goes in off the skate of an offensive player - no goal.

I'll paraphrase you.  If you not able to get the puck into the net with the one piece of equipmend designed to put the puck in the net....  ;)

I'd go the other way. The puck off the skate will almost always be a judgement call. Just look at this thread. 50/50 split that was a kick versus no kick. The same is going to be true with officials. Some will say kick. Others no. Simple fix. If the puck goes in off the skate of an offensive player - no goal.

I'll paraphrase you. If you not able to get the puck into the net with the one piece of equipmend designed to put the puck in the net.... ;)

I kind of feel that way. But then I was thinking, what if the offensive player is battling in the crease and the puck simply bounces off the back of the skate. He never even saw it. No goal?

Didn't that used to be no goal? Is that the way you want to go? I'm not sure. Maybe.

But all or nothing probably is the way to go.

I can just envision the five minute replay delay to determine whether it went off the skate or off the boot or the ankle or whatever.

I kind of feel that way. But then I was thinking, what if the offensive player is battling in the crease and the puck simply bounces off the back of the skate. He never even saw it. No goal?

Didn't that used to be no goal? Is that the way you want to go? I'm not sure. Maybe.

But all or nothing probably is the way to go.

I can just envision the five minute replay delay to determine whether it went off the skate or off the boot or the ankle or whatever.

Honestly - I have no idea.  The calls have just been too inconsistent.  Personally, I'm OK with a little inconsistency from the officials as long are they are consistent with their inconsistency.

Honestly - I have no idea.  The calls have just been too inconsistent.  Personally, I'm OK with a little inconsistency from the officials as long are they are consistent with their inconsistency.

Somehow, that makes sense...lol.

Archived