Poor Uncle Fester

Samifan

Ill go with Boudreau.

you have home ice choice of matchups and you keep throwing Getzlaf against Toews?

Not to mention up against Keith and Seabrook. He did NOTHING to take advantage of the last line change advantage of Game 7.

Uncle Fester is NOT a playoff coach. It really is as simple as that.

They won the first two rounds with superior talent. You get to talent vs. talent and it comes to coaching you're at a significant disadvantage with him behind the bench.

You bet against him and you're bound to walk away with money.

• 10 months later...

Bourdeau's game seven record is 1-7 -  Interestingly, All game 7's were played at home.  They have been outscored 27-15, and scored more than 2 goals once.

L-2008  Washington-2 vs. Philadelphia-3 (OT). Philly led this series 3-1 before Washington won games 5 & 6, and then lost game 7. 
W-2009  Washington-2 vs. New York Rangers-1. NYR led this series 3-1, Boudreau's Caps won games 5, 6, and 7.

L-2009  Washington-2 vs. Pittsburgh-6. Caps won the first 2 games of the series then lost the next three to go down 3-2 before winning game 6 and losing game 7. 

L-2010 Washington-1 vs. Montreal-2. Washington won the President's trophy during this regular season, then took a 3-1 series lead and lost games 5, 6, and 7. 

L-2013 Anaheim-2 vs. Detroit-3. Anaheim had a 3-2 series lead and lost game 6 in OT and game 7. 
L2014 Anaheim-2 vs. Los Angeles-6. Anaheim went down 0-2, then won games 3-5 to take a 3-2 series lead, and lost game 6 and game 7.

L-2015 Anaheim-3 vs. Chicago-5. The Ducks led 3-2, then lost game 6, and game 7. 
L-2016 Anaheim-1 vs. Nashville-2. Anaheim went down 0-2, then took a 3-2 lead after winning games 3-5,  losing game 6 and game 7.

I still say he is one of the top three or four coaches in the game today, he took over a moribund Caps team and consistently dominated (regular season) and when he left they died for several years until Trotz came aboard.

Same with the Ducks, after winning the cup in 07, they slipped and he turned them into a powerhouse (again, regular season).

But it is time. A first round loss after being up 3 games to 2 this is the fourth straight year of the team being up in a series and not being able to close it out.

He could still coach for me any time though.

Here is some footage from his press conference last night.  At least this trick got him some laughs in the media.

Seriously though I would think he would have to put his head on chopping block for this...whether or not they swing the ax though is something I'm sure they have not decided on just yet and will evaluate in the coming weeks.

tumblr_lhcupgq0Q01qd5n55o1_500.gif

On 4/28/2016 at 8:02 AM, yave1964 said:

I still say he is one of the top three or four coaches in the game today, he took over a moribund Caps team and consistently dominated (regular season) and when he left they died for several years until Trotz came aboard.

Same with the Ducks, after winning the cup in 07, they slipped and he turned them into a powerhouse (again, regular season).

But it is time. A first round loss after being up 3 games to 2 this is the fourth straight year of the team being up in a series and not being able to close it out.

He could still coach for me any time though.

Take him.  He can't coach for me.   A President's Trophy and erectile disfunction in the playoffs gets you a piece of tin and extreme frustration.  Possibly a golf pro.

I wouldn't hire him, but you're certainly welcome to him.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes Ottawa's next coach........................coming soon

Cool.  Hopefully the Flyers can manipulate their record so they play the Sens in the first round.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Interesting.  I really don't think the Wild have the horses he needs to do what he did in Washington and Anaheim.  In both towns, he rode teams that SHOULD have had good regular season records.  He just didn't have any idea how to get any team through any kind of adversity in the playoffs.   He could get his date drunk; he just didn't have the pharmaceuticals necessary to seal the deal.

There are at least two posters this will offend, but Minnesota doesn't have that.  IMO, Parise is a good player (don't undersell good; I don't mean "average") who is a great wingman.  He cannot be who you build a team around.    He's absolutely not Ovechkin or even Getzlaf.  The rest of the team is, frankly, meh.  Certainly not a Backstrom or a Perry among them, let alone a Kesler.  And they don't have goaltending.

Sign him up.

Go Beavers!

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Interesting.  I really don't think the Wild have the horses he needs to do what he did in Washington and Anaheim.  In both towns, he rode teams that SHOULD have had good regular season records.  He just didn't have any idea how to get any team through any kind of adversity in the playoffs.   He could get his date drunk; he just didn't have the pharmaceuticals necessary to seal the deal.

There are at least two posters this will offend, but Minnesota doesn't have that.  IMO, Parise is a good player (don't undersell good; I don't mean "average") who is a great wingman.  He cannot be who you build a team around.    He's absolutely not Ovechkin or even Getzlaf.  The rest of the team is, frankly, meh.  Certainly not a Backstrom or a Perry among them, let alone a Kesler.  And they don't have goaltending.

Sign him up.

Go Beavers!

Yeah not sure how many top candidates are out there and he by default will be on the top of the list......

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Sign him up.

Go Beavers!

lol. I love how this is last years thread. I was wondering when i got drunk and bashed him for playing Getzlaf vs Toews with home ice last change last night, then I realized I didn't and it was last year.

2 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

lol. I love how this is last years thread. I was wondering when i got drunk and bashed him for playing Getzlaf vs Toews with home ice last change last night, then I realized I didn't and it was last year.

Funny how these things come around, isn't it?

26 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

13ccds.jpg

Too funny!!

I agree the postseason record is dreadful but he is a wonderful coach. Bylsma only won one cup, so did Babs for that matter. Hitch too. Eventually Boudreau will get another chance and I think he will do fine.

The GIF is well deserved tho. Until he wins it will always hang over him.

Archived