Poor Uncle Fester

Samifan

38 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

13ccds.jpg

LOL (spitting up my drink) .... too funny ..... love the Weird Science reference.....

In honor of the movie here is Duck management in search for their new coach. :D

Weird-Science.jpg

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Until he wins it will always hang over him.

Here's the thing, though, yave.  I don't even need him to win a Cup.  1-7 in game sevens.  Across two franchises.  It says--to me, anyway--that here is a guy who on home ice can't get matchups to work, can't push buttons to settle his guys down or rise them up as the situation needs.

I know, great regular seasons, but I honestly do wonder about the "wonderful coach" thing given what he has had to work with.

Bylsma is an interesting mention.  I think Boudreau is actually better than Bylsma despite being "outcupped" 1-0.  IMO, Bylsma won on the shoulders of someone else.  He's not as bad as what some claimed, but not as good as others.   

Babcock, I wonder.  I'm more likely to knight him than to bash him.   When he won, he had a heck of a team.  But he got them to win against a pretty good Pens team.

For my money, the 1-7 in game sevens--at HOME--says a lot.  It says his teams had superior records, first of all.  But it also says what I already stated above.  He's probably a better manager than a coach, if that makes sense.

Here's the thing, though.  From a player development perspective I'd hire him for my AHL club, despite the fact he's been out of that game for quite a few years.  He's had rookies here and there, obviously, but he's been coaching "win now" franchises.   But he did a good job, I think, with development in Hershey.  He has his coin, go back and do what you do.

On 4/28/2016 at 7:02 AM, yave1964 said:

I still say he is one of the top three or four coaches in the game today, he took over a moribund Caps team and consistently dominated (regular season) and when he left they died for several years until Trotz came aboard.

Same with the Ducks, after winning the cup in 07, they slipped and he turned them into a powerhouse (again, regular season).

But it is time. A first round loss after being up 3 games to 2 this is the fourth straight year of the team being up in a series and not being able to close it out.

He could still coach for me any time though.

I don't have a lot of faith in Boudreau as a Cup winner, but as a team builder? Yeah, you betcha. I'd love to see him head to Ottawa, because that's what we need right now. I also feel like he wouldn't try to handcuff Karlsson in the way that some of the other hot names might. Karlsson being Karlsson is one of the few things that worked for us, and I'd rather have a coach like Boudreau who I believe will build up the weaknesses.

You can count this as my official endorsement of Boudreau as the next Senators coach.

Archived