Patrick Sharp

ruxpin

sharp-looking-600.jpg

Patrick Sharp is playing the right side in the playoffs, but doesn't he often play the left side for the Hawks?

Once that is answered, where is he going this offseason?  He looks like he's the odd man out with his salary, so where?

Chicago sounds like they want a first for him.   So probably a team with multiple first-round picks. He'd be really beneficial on the Oilers as veteran leadership that can still play, but I don't like trading #16 for him.  If the Hawks would take #33 maybe.

Buffalo seems to have the picks that would work at #21 or #25 but I'm not sure he's as good a fit there.  Maybe.

Arizona?

Where's he going?

Patrick Sharp is playing the right side in the playoffs, but doesn't he often play the left side for the Hawks?

Once that is answered, where is he going this offseason?  He looks like he's the odd man out with his salary, so where?

Chicago sounds like they want a first for him.   So probably a team with multiple first-round picks. He'd be really beneficial on the Oilers as veteran leadership that can still play, but I don't like trading #16 for him.  If the Hawks would take #33 maybe.

Buffalo seems to have the picks that would work at #21 or #25 but I'm not sure he's as good a fit there.  Maybe.

Arizona?

Where's he going?

Don't forget Winnipeg...they have two picks too....

@radoran

I honestly thought that's where this was going.

I asked about the Flyers in the shoutbox because of their two picks and wondering (assuming that he was left wing since EVERY site has him there) IF they could fit him under the cap if he could be an option with Voracek and Giroux.   Folks in the shoutbox first said rather keep the pick (I can agree with that) and also said we don't need another RIGHT wing.   I do think he's playing right wing on Vermette's line but thought he previously played LW and some C.

FC, you were one of two (@jammer2 being the other) that I was hoping would clarify the LW vs. RW thing.  

What do you think about the Flyers?  At 33 with only 2 years left on the $5.9 cap hit, is it something you do with that late pick or do you rather keep it?  Then, what do you think the Flyers would do?

@ruxpin

Sharps about as versatile as they come and can play any forward position.

I hope the Flyers are done with trading picks for guys whose best days are behind them. I mean if we were a contender who needed someone like him to maybe put us over the top, I'm in. We're not. All Sharp does is make us more decent. 

@ruxpin

Thanks

I hope the Flyers are done with trading picks for guys whose best days are behind them. I mean if we were a contender who needed someone like him to maybe put us over the top, I'm in. We're not. All Sharp does is make us more decent.

Agreed.  So the Flyers will do it, then?

I don't think the Flyers will make a trade for a forward when it means giving up a draft pick or a entry level player.  And that is what Chicago will want in return.  

So yeah, teams that are need to make the playoffs next year who have a ton of prospects would be my choices.  Florida, Arizona, Colorado, Buffalo

Are the Flyers rebuilding or is this the age old "we just need one more piece" kind of thinking?

If they trade for Sharp (who I've always liked since he came up and I was ticked when they traded him) it's the latter. I hope they stick with the former.

Are the Flyers rebuilding or is this the age old "we just need one more piece" kind of thinking?

We need one piece...4 defencemen, a top line LWer, a backup goalie and a 2nd line centre.

sharp-looking-600.jpg

Arizona?

Where's he going?

I am interested in the details of his limited no movement clause. Supposedly, he can list 8 teams he would accept a trade to. I suspect he does not want a trade, so if I were him, I would make it as difficult as possible. Chicago has to trade him for picks and ELC prospects alone, as they cannot afford salary back.

List teams he would accept a trade to by their cap troubles or soon to be cap troubles and that want to get younger, not older!

"Yeah Stan, ill accept a trade to Boston, LA, Tampa bay, The rangers, The Penguins, San Jose, Minnesota, and The blues"

None of those teams would be interested. LOL. I should tweet that to him.

• 2 weeks later...
@BDGallof

Per NHL source, CHI currently asking for 1st rd pick, A-level prospect & top 6 forward on entry-level contract for Patrick Sharp 

whoa, seems a bit much.

@BDGallof
Per NHL source, CHI currently asking for 1st rd pick, A-level prospect & top 6 forward on entry-level contract for Patrick Sharp 

whoa, seems a bit much.

For a 33 year old making almost 6 million against the cap, whom you pretty much HAVE to move? Yeah, a bit much. But there's no reason not to aim high. Sharp's going to draw significant interest - 78 points just a year ago, might as well set the bar high and see what offers come in. 

For a 33 year old making almost 6 million against the cap, whom you pretty much HAVE to move? Yeah, a bit much. But there's no reason not to aim high. Sharp's going to draw significant interest - 78 points just a year ago, might as well set the bar high and see what offers come in. 

Yup. They probably know they would be getting a late 1st. Only a team a piece or two away would actually want sharp.

But an A level prospect? That is not going to happen. They are asking high knowing they will get low.

Same with Murray in Ottawa saying he wants a top 6 forward AND a pick for a goalie. We all know all 3 goalies are on one way contracts and that they will lose one to waivers if they don't ship one. No goalie will return more than a 2nd round pick

@BDGallof

whoa, seems a bit much.

I'm guessing this is a matter of trying to see who might be desperate enough to over pay. They certainly won't get all of that, but why not try to get someone to overextend.

@J0e Th0rnton I think you're right with the Ottawa comparison. That's probably what Murray is trying to do as well. The difference, I think, is that with so many goalies, Murray isn't as likely to get someone to over commit because teams can tell him they'll just go shop elsewhere.

@ruxpin Edmonton would be interesting. I agree that I wouldn't really want to part with that #16 pick, but I guess it's a question of how badly do they want to start competing quickly. If they bite, it could get interesting.

@OccamsRazor Winnipeg? That could work too. They do need some offense. I don't think he'll have another 43 point season, so his offense and experience (another thing they're missing) could be key.

@ruxpin

this 

hooray for you FC !

the time for having Sharp play for us was the last 7 years not the next any years.

A first for a guy who struggled to score 16 goals this year, aging poorly and is rumored to have slept with Duncan Keith's wife disrupting the teams chemistry?

First, I am not saying he is done, just saying the end is closer to the beginning and his best days are absolutely no ifs and s or buts behind him.

Second, Chicago is dealing from a huge point of weakness with the cap issues they face. Someone, possibly more than one someone has to go.

I would take him on my team if he was donated, maybe a third and a meh prospect, not a dime more. He had his day in the sun, it is over. The Hawks being champions puts a bit more glow to him than he deserves. He is on the back nine close to the clubhouse and essentially sticking around for a paycheck.

Can he offer something? Sure as a second or third line winger. That is it. Nothing more than that in the tank. If he can only manage 16 goals being set up by Toews what would he score playing with an average center?

Again, pass, unless the cost in minimal. And don't expect too much.,

A first for a guy who struggled to score 16 goals this year, aging poorly and is rumored to have slept with Duncan Keith's wife disrupting the teams chemistry?

First, I am not saying he is done, just saying the end is closer to the beginning and his best days are absolutely no ifs and s or buts behind him.

Second, Chicago is dealing from a huge point of weakness with the cap issues they face. Someone, possibly more than one someone has to go.

I would take him on my team if he was donated, maybe a third and a meh prospect, not a dime more. He had his day in the sun, it is over. The Hawks being champions puts a bit more glow to him than he deserves. He is on the back nine close to the clubhouse and essentially sticking around for a paycheck.

Can he offer something? Sure as a second or third line winger. That is it. Nothing more than that in the tank. If he can only manage 16 goals being set up by Toews what would he score playing with an average center?

Again, pass, unless the cost in minimal. And don't expect too much.,

Good grief. Let's not start this nonsense. A Chicago blogger playing armchaiir GM started that rumor. The freaking rumor also said Toews and Seabrook sided with Sharp, telling Keith it was okay for Sharpie to sleep with his wife and good for Sharp, which incensed Keith.

It got even more ridiculous when they started a rumor saying the reason their equipment manager committed suicide was because he found out Sharp was sleeping with his wife.

Sharp said he was going the Phaneuf/Cuthbert route and suing,  for the record.

The truth is, when the rumor first started, it was Kane and Toews. One of them slept with the others wife. It jumped around to the most likely player to be traded.

@J0e Th0rnton

Agreed, the rumor is likely a bunch of BS but I felt it should be mentioned in consideration.

Staying strictly on the ice, nobody in their right mind will offer Bowman anywhere near what he wants for Sharp, at least not if he wants to keep his job for long. Throwing rumor and innuendo out the window, he is a 33 year old player who scored 16 goals for the year. A first, a prospect and a young NHL forward? Lets get real.

Agreed, the rumor is likely a bunch of BS but I felt it should be mentioned in consideration.

No, really shouldn't be, any more than the Lindros/Brind'amour "rumors"...

Or Jerry Penacoli. :ph34r:

No, really shouldn't be, any more than the Lindros/Brind'amour "rumors"...

Or Jerry Penacoli. :ph34r:

Yeah, it really should NOT be. Repeating it simply gives credence to utter nonsense that has no basis and is the same crap that goes on with every single team and it's fan base drama queens.

This topic doesn't play into and trade talk at all. It's just noise that the team and players themselves pay no attention to.

Good grief. Let's not start this nonsense. A Chicago blogger playing armchaiir GM started that rumor. The freaking rumor also said Toews and Seabrook sided with Sharp, telling Keith it was okay for Sharpie to sleep with his wife and good for Sharp, which incensed Keith.

It got even more ridiculous when they started a rumor saying the reason their equipment manager committed suicide was because he found out Sharp was sleeping with his wife.

Sharp said he was going the Phaneuf/Cuthbert route and suing,  for the record.

The truth is, when the rumor first started, it was Kane and Toews. One of them slept with the others wife. It jumped around to the most likely player to be traded.

I never will understand why people repeat that stupid rumor.  How many times have we heard it?   I'm old and I've heard it about dozens of players.  It's always bulls##t.  

I never will understand why people repeat that stupid rumor.  How many times have we heard it?   I'm old and I've heard it about dozens of players.  It's always bulls##t.  

Not always. Sometimes it is true.

Shanahan sleeping with Janney's wife is hard to deny given she divorced Janney and Married Shanahan very quickly after.

The Brodeur rumors were not with a teammates wife, but with his own sister in law who was their nanny since his wife publicly filed for Divorce during the 2003 playoffs to throw him off his game. Kinda Backfired since he played great won the cup and then went on to marry the sister in law.

Brodeur commenting on how embarrassing bad Avery sucked during dancing with the stars and Avery hitting back with "Embarrassing is sleeping with the nanny and getting caught!" is still Avery's shinning moment.

Not always. Sometimes it is true.

Shanahan sleeping with Janney's wife is hard to deny given she divorced Janney and Married Shanahan very quickly after.

The Brodeur rumors were not with a teammates wife, but with his own sister in law who was their nanny since his wife publicly filed for Divorce during the 2003 playoffs to throw him off his game. Kinda Backfired since he played great won the cup and then went on to marry the sister in law.

Brodeur commenting on how embarrassing bad Avery sucked during dancing with the stars and Avery hitting back with "Embarrassing is sleeping with the nanny and getting caught!" is still Avery's shinning moment.

Yes, but those are FACTS not rumors.

Someone comes up with some FACTS then they can be repeated.

Until then, this is just weak tea.

Archived