Patrick Sharp

ruxpin

My apologies, I took a good topic and dropped a smelly deuce right in the middle of it.

STRICTLY HOCKEY, Bowman wanting a first, a top prospect and a roster player, preferably a top six forward for a 33 year old forward whose goals were cut in half down to 16 this year is absurd. One of the most absurd things so far this offseason. I do not see anyone coming close to that kind of an offer.

Bowman wanting a first, a top prospect and a roster player, preferably a top six forward for a 33 year old forward whose goals were cut in half down to 16 this year is absurd.

As a fellow UVM alum of Patrick Sharp and a fan, I wouldn't even begin to offer that for Sharp.

And we haven't even gotten to the $5.9M cap hit and the extra year on the deal yet not to mention the concept that teams know Chicago needs to move salary...

That's not to say that Some Idiot Somewhere won't offer up something approaching that. The abject lunacy of the NHL GM cannot be underestimated.

One does need to take into account that he only played 68 games this season, however. So he still "projected" to a 20/50 player (almost).

And that still means that at a $5.9M cap hit he is severely overpaid.

Archived