Coyotes open to trading third spot in the draft:Per TSN

The Quigster

@The Quigster  THAT is a horrible trade...WTF..there are only 2 real superstars in this draft, and you give up Giroux to move into a spot to get a guy who we might get at #7 (with any luck)...UM>>.NO.

Now, if you could replace Giroux with Lecavalier in that... Lol

Maloney told reporters that it would take a "first born" to wrestle the pick from him. - Which means it won't be Hextall sending a top player ot prospects for a pick that isn't that much better than the 7th pick.  Could other teams later in the draft seek to make such a move -- Surely, but it won't be the Flyers

What's the cost of moving up four slots in the NHL draft? A good roster player? Maybe an extra pick round 2 or later as well?

Way more. Strome will be available at #3 spot. That's quite a prize

This would be a great opportunity to unload a large amount of the Flyer's dead wood starting with Vinny.  I wonder if Maloney would like Giroux and the seventh pick for the third?

6a22ec1372350bb64757502d070d8492.jpg

This would be a great opportunity to unload a large amount of the Flyer's dead wood starting with Vinny.  I wonder if Maloney would like Giroux and the seventh pick for the third?

Vinny, RJ, and McDud for the 3rd. Do it!!!

I would, just to get rid of Vinny. And to draft Strome.

yeah, but would you do it to get Vinny and lose Strome?

IMO the only way they're getting rid of VLC is if they could deal him for an RJ Umberger type - and they've already traded their top line LW for that.

:hocky:

For them they could take on Vinny to get Schenn and a good player at 7. It comes with dead weight for a few years but Schenn isn't junk. He's solid.

But if they take Vinny that sort of counters Schenn to some degree.  Solid as he may be, asking them to take VLC's contract and surrender the #3 for a #7...  I don't know if Schenn counters that.  I could see the offer being extended, but I would assume there would be a counter to it.  Such as "We'll take VLC and your number 7.. but you throw in Schenn and Simmonds." 

I think Arizona would be nuts to trade the #3 away unless they got a great return.  To trade away #3 would be giving up on a Hanifin / Strome / Marner type player.  Arizona needs a d-man to replace Yandle and they need offense.  If the situation was reverse and the Flyers held #3 and Homer said he was willing to trade it, I think all of us on here would be calling for his head.

Personally I think it is bluff by Arizona.

Smart job cropping out the "T" at the front of that.

Good Lord....that had me rolling, then I felt a slight twinge of guilt cause it's somebodies Grandmother.....but it left quickly.....LOL!

Archived