Deja Vu for Blackhawks

King Knut

Stamkos pulls a very Jeff Carter-esque and very un-clutch inability to lift the puck (a few times) blowing a few huge opportunities to tie the game...

Due to injuries, the Lightning have to play their backup goalie and thus revamp their game to limit shots against (thus killing their offense).

It all feels eerily familiar. 

Stamkos pulls a very Jeff Carter-esque and very un-clutch inability to lift the puck (a few times) blowing a few huge opportunities to tie the game...

Due to injuries, the Lightning have to play their backup goalie and thus revamp their game to limit shots against (thus killing their offense).

It all feels eerily familiar. 

I think Chicago should be VERY concerned.  We're at Game 5 and Stamkos hasn't had a big game points-wise yet. He has been somewhat "Carter-esque". As far as their backup goalies, I know Vas has been thrown into the fire, but talent-wise he is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Leighton. It's somewhat familiar, but not eerily....yet.

Kudos to the Bolts for playing great hockey.   I still feel that the BHs are going to win and I think they still have another gear to fuind in this series.  They have yet to play a really good game and that is not taking anything away from the Bolts.   People keep talking about Stamkos but there is another player who has not heated up yet - Kane.   Great series to watch.

Toews - best in the game.

I think Chicago should be VERY concerned.  We're at Game 5 and Stamkos hasn't had a big game points-wise yet. He has been somewhat "Carter-esque". As far as their backup goalies, I know Vas has been thrown into the fire, but talent-wise he is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Leighton. It's somewhat familiar, but not eerily....yet.

I think Chicago needs to be worried if Bishop comes back and is nearly himself.  Otherwise I think they're right where they want to be at this point. 

Without a healthy Bishop, the Lightning can't run their offense the way they want and have to hang back way too much.

Chicago is a second half of the series team.  I'm impressed that last night was as close as it was.  A lightning team that was a little sharper takes that one anyway, but the confidence boost could be all the Hawks needed.  Guys like Keith and Toews and Kane and Sharp thrive off of success and gaining swagger is their most dangerous weapon.  They get better as they go.

I don't know which team I want to win honestly.  I want Timmo to hoist that cup, but I'm a little sick of seeing the Hawks win and I do enjoy a lot of the Bolts team, especially their coach.  What a positive dude.

Kudos to the Bolts for playing great hockey.   I still feel that the BHs are going to win and I think they still have another gear to fuind in this series.  They have yet to play a really good game and that is not taking anything away from the Bolts.   People keep talking about Stamkos but there is another player who has not heated up yet - Kane.   Great series to watch.

Toews - best in the game.

I tend to feel that Kane succeeds when his linemates succeed.  Who will be on his line from here on out now that JQ is chanelling his inner Berube and mixing things up.

I tend to feel that Kane succeeds when his linemates succeed.  Who will be on his line from here on out now that JQ is chanelling his inner Berube and mixing things up.

Putting Q and Bereube in he same breath should be a mortal sin! :D

Berube is like the Ernest P Worrell of the hockey world

ernest.jpg?w=406

Putting Q and Bereube in he same breath should be a mortal sin! :D

Berube is like the Ernest P Worrell of the hockey world

ernest.jpg?w=406

Well when JQ fiddles with his lines it works. Major difference.

...know what I mean Earle?

Archived