Blackhawks win the Cup

hf101

The Blackhawks have made it clear they won’t let the boozy post-game tradition of drinking champagne out of the Cup happen since it conflicts with the underage drinking law, as winger Teuvo Teravainen is still just 20 years old. Five bottles of sparking grape juice have been placed in Teravainen’s locker in lieu of Champagne.

“I asked Kimmo to watch him to make sure he doesn’t do anything illegal,” said Joel Quenneville. “He’s just a little kid, we don’t want him being irresponsible.”

“I know in Finland the legal drinking age is 18,” defenseman and fellow Finn Kimmo Timonen said. “But I’ve put my blood, sweat and tears into this game for 20 years. I’m not going to watch some punk rookie win the Cup and get drunk like it’s nothing.”

Teravainen himself spoke about the matter after the team morning skate on Monday.

“People are making it sound so bad, but it isn’t,” said Teravainen. “Have you ever had sparkling grape juice? It’s delicious. Keep hating. You’re all just jealous.”

Teammates weren’t so sure.

“Teuvo keeps saying he’d be happy to drink anything out of the Cup, even if it’s non-alcoholic,” said forward Andrew Shaw, who was on 2013’s Cup-winning squad. “But after all the disgusting stuff that’s been in the Cup, the only thing you want to drink out of it is alcohol because it kills most of the germs.”

Added Shaw: “Just trust me on this one.”

lol  - great satire

Enjoy it! You deserve it.

Sad that this is likely the last one. Those raises to Kane and Toews pretty much bend Bowman over with a salted cactus. Half the roster turns over now to rookies and 4th line tweeners instead of 2nd line talent

Enjoy it! You deserve it.

Sad that this is likely the last one. Those raises to Kane and Toews pretty much bend Bowman over with a salted cactus. Half the roster turns over now to rookies and 4th line tweeners instead of 2nd line talent

the salted cactus is brilliant , made me laugh out loud.

In other news, Hawks win cup !  Not two shits are given about the 2nd round draft picks traded for Kimmo Timonen. win/win. 

^^

Will now use against Hawks fans. Lol.

Meh, I suppose you COULD use it against Hawks fans, but if I were a Chicago hockey fan, it wouldn't bug me.

Something THIS stupid is more a black eye against Chicago newspapers, and really, the media industry in general.

When moronic headlines like this make it to print (especially in a big sports town like Chicago), one has to wonder just what the heck the powers that be are smoking....

Now, if this were a Denver paper, I could see the reasoning.......but still....

I saw one of these on the net last season, and now this new one for this season.

I always found these cute.

And hey, even though the big mean Chicago Hawk is making the Bolt guy mad by taking the Cup away, at least the Bolt guy isn't way on the bottom of the pile being squished like Mr. Detroit Octopus is......after the Montreal sweep last season, that's exactly where the Bolt guy was residing...so he's moved up in the world! :P

Next season...maybe it's Bolts Guy or even Wild Cat guy holding the Cup away from, oh, I don't know...maybe the Predator guy, Duck Mask guy, Statue of Liberty Guy, or Old Man of the Sea?

Or maybe, it's the Bolt guy keeping it away from the Wild Cat guy at the very top.........  :o

Enjoy! And a grudging congrats again to the Chicago Blackhawks.

post-1129-0-09515700-1434578234_thumb.jp

Something THIS stupid is more a black eye against Chicago newspapers, and really, the media industry in general.

If by "Chicago newspapers" or "media industry in general" you mean the Korean Times

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/chicago-bears-win-stanley-cup--according-to-korea-times--photo-161045148.html;_ylt=A0LEVjt1UoRVfWwAJ7knnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

Heh...ok, well, that explains that then. Had no idea that was a non Chicago paper.

Is the Korean Times actually based in Korea? Or are they named because of who runs them, but are based in the U.S. or Canada?

Because if they are based in North America, then they should STILL be more responsible in their headlining...no excuse for it still.

Thus the "black eye" against the general media would still apply.

If they are truly based somewhere in Korea, then I suppose I can give them a pass (and maybe even credit for at least getting the "Chicago" part right...lord knows THAT could have been screwed up by a foreign entity quite easily!), and the reasonably well written ENGLISH article, that, headline gaffe aside, did report the correct team in the actual article.

I mean, I suppose I can't really blame an Asian foreign based paper to know everything about North American hockey any more than I could blame a North American publication if they screwed up the name of some Korean badminton team that just won The Birdie Championship in the Far East.  ;)

At least the Korean Times ran an article about the Stanley Cup Champions. That's more than the local newspaper in Sunrise Florida or Glendale Arizona did. <NINJA> :)

Archived