Reese to Dallas

sekkes85

So as part of this whole stupid compensation rule that is being used and abused and applying to coaches who parted ways with their former team and go to a new team: are we eligible to receieve a 3rd rounder from the Stars? If so, is there wiggle room on when the pick is received?

So as part of this whole stupid compensation rule that is being used and abused and applying to coaches who parted ways with their former team and go to a new team: are we eligible to receieve a 3rd rounder from the Stars? If so, is there wiggle room on when the pick is received?

I'm afraid this move could prove to be Hextall's worst mistake and cause serious problems for his tenure before he even really gets started.

Replacing Reese is going to be incredibly important.  INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT. 

Letting him go to begin with could cause serious issues if we're banking on Mason.  Reese was integral in Mason emerging from the Ashes of his post Calder collapse.  Hextall can't take replacing him lightly.

No compensation...that only applies to GMs, head coaches and assistant coaches in the NHL and AHL...not goalie coaches...

It's been eerily quiet on the Flyers front with regards to coaching and looking for a goaltending coach. At the same time, Hextall said that he wants to focus on the draft first and then look at coaching candidates after the draft. I'm going to miss Reese because he was a good goaltending coach. The fact he managed to make Brian Boucher and Michael Leighton look like legitimate netminders is this league should be enough to show he knows what he's doing. Lehtonen is going to rebound under his watch. Hopefully the Flyers target Bill Dark from the London Knights. I've been trumpeting Dark for quite some time and he could really be a good fit, especially with Mason and Stolarz in tow. 

It's been eerily quiet on the Flyers front with regards to coaching and looking for a goaltending coach. At the same time, Hextall said that he wants to focus on the draft first and then look at coaching candidates after the draft. I'm going to miss Reese because he was a good goaltending coach. The fact he managed to make Brian Boucher and Michael Leighton look like legitimate netminders is this league should be enough to show he knows what he's doing. Lehtonen is going to rebound under his watch. Hopefully the Flyers target Bill Dark from the London Knights. I've been trumpeting Dark for quite some time and he could really be a good fit, especially with Mason and Stolarz in tow. 

Bill Dark from the Knights?

Dark Knights?

I hear Bruce Wayne from the Gotham Bats is a pretty good coach too.

• 2 months later...

One of the guys Reese will be working with new helmet.....

Jack Campbell, goaltending prospect for the Dallas Stars, created a new mask with artwork honoring the late Chris Kyle. Kyle was portrayed by Bradley Cooper in the movie "American Sniper

cb4716f0-5324-11e5-a02f-8b7f6e34e0b9_119

....nice i say.

Just gonna throw in, I've heard great things about Dark....AND being a former goalie and having it be our own GM's area of specializing....I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt....I might add, each time the Knights went to the OHL finals (4 out of the last 5 years) it has been done with a goalie who was not really well known....just say'in.

• 1 month later...

Archived