Cherry rips Coopers usage of Stamkos via Twitter

hf101

hi-res-187298848-steven-stamkos-bay-ligh

Don Cherry posted a twitter rant to Jon Cooper on his misuse of Steve Stamkos in the finals where he only had one assist.  

To Quote Cherry's tweets:

1) My thoughts on Stevie Stamkos in the finals where he remained goalless: I’ve been watching Stevie since he played for the Markham Waxers

2) I think the world of him. I feel for coach Cooper who is up for candidate as coach of the year and when a team reaches the finals he must

3) be doing something right. And I must say he did a great job to get Tampa to the finals. But I have to give my opinion.

4) I know he feels lousy losing in the finals. I should know, I’ve done it twice after being so close. But I feel Stamkos was not handled

5) the way a super star should be handled. It all started when the coach seemed to favour and fall in love with the little guys.

6) And I guess rightly so because Johnson was terrific but at Stamkos’ expense. Stevie some games played around only 15 minutes.

7) . He was not on the ice when the goalie was out with one goal down. Don’t give me he just finished a shift.. Stamkos tired is better than

8) than anybody on the team. But I think the final insult came when he was send over to serve a team penalty. To see Stevie Stamkos sitting

9) in the penalty box hurt. I know Stevie is going to protect his coach as that’s the type of guy he is. But the final game was ridiculous.

10) Stevie led both teams with 8 hits. Now when you have your 60 goals scorer lead in hits it’s absolutely asinine. His job is to score.

11) Also where was his patented slapshot from the left side? I never saw it. Yes, the combo of less ice time, not on when a goalie is out,

12) serving a penalty, means trouble for the Lightning when free agency arrives for Stevie. I feel now Stevie will listen more closely to

13) to offers that arrive. I am trying to put this as delicately as I can, but I feel unless this is straightened out, Stevie will be gone.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/don-cherry-rips-jon-cooper-for-stamkos-usage/

Stamkos's contract will expire after next season.   Will Yserman be able to get him signed before he becomes a Free Agent next summer?

Cherry is a dinosaur and the biggest armchair GM in the hockey world. The guy acts like he's God's gift to hockey, when in reality, he's accomplished nothing to note in the hockey world besides having a big mouth.

I wish CBC would just get rid of him. He's way past his due date

How many cups did this clown win? Oh yeah, none. The game has passed him by.

Exactly.

However sort of off topic i think the Bolts will trade him when the time comes...sure he is one of the better forwards in the game today...but the Bolts will net a huge return for him...players and high picks for one guy...it's coming i just know it.

Actually, I think it's a toss up as to which is louder and more obnoxious...on Cherry or Don Cherry's wardrobe.

I think Stamkos likes where he is and Yzerman will not have any problem retaining his services.  Stamkos is the "face" of the TBL, and with Johnson and Hedman and the like all coming up strong, the Lightning will continue to be a force to be reckoned with.  He'll get his name on a Cup soon enough.

not his dress-code....

AMEN!!!!!  Serioulsy..who is his tailor?  Just google Don Cherry and you can see all the hideous outfits he wears.....hurts my eyes just looking at him.  Someone in another thread said Cherry reminds them of a WWF announcers! LOL

Someone in another thread said Cherry reminds them of a WWF announcers! LOL

LOL!... that is awesome and spot on!

I really can't stand the guy frankly... he nothing more than hot air and as others have stated - the game has since long passed the man by...

Whoa! Whoa! WHOA... Lay off the suits fellas. That's the only true way one can know if they are color blind or not. If his suit looks bland then you know you need to get to the optometrist...

Don't look if you have a history of seizures though.

How many cups did this clown win? Oh yeah, none. The game has passed him by.

Well, this is true, but he did get there twice and lost to the greatest team of all-time.

Stamkos said himself in an interview with the St. Pete Times that he likes the squad that the Lightning put together and wants to win the cup with them. He'll be back for another 5. Not to mention he's the face of the franchise right now. That would be like the Rangers failing to resign Lundqvist.

Archived