Some hopeful Sharks offseason news

J0e Th0rnton

https://twitter.com/PollakOnSharks/status/611976470047502336

GM Wilson stops short of saying Niemi won't be back. Out the door? John Scott and Scott Hannan. Uncertain? Matt Irwin.

https://twitter.com/PollakOnSharks/status/611976767851466752

Wilson also confirms Burish on waivers with intent to buy out. And GM says Torres making good progress toward return.

God, please just come out and say Niemi won't be back! Thank god no Scott or Hannan. Matt Irwin as a 7th would be fine.

Bye Burish. Don't let the door hit you on the way out! Actually, let the door hit you.....

The only memorable good thing Burish did in a sharks uniform. Making OEL do a handstand. It was so ridiculous

EkmanLarssonBurishAwkward.gif

Most funny stat. In 3 years, Burish scored 2 goals and 6 points as a Shark and was -17.

John Scott in one year scored 3 goals and 4 points and was +/- 0 :lol:

I can see the case for not closing the door on Niemi. Now here me out.

By flat out announcing to the public that you have absolutely ruled out the return of Niemi it tells teams such as Ottawa that you, in essence have a big hole in net and the price goes up for an Anderson or Lehner or a Brian Elliot or whoever.

Now lets say you swing and miss on the trade market, ruling out Niemi will have the same effect on free agents, raising their price.

You and I both know that Niemi is gone like a freight train. No way, no how will he be returning. But playing the game until they sign his replacement or trade for one actually makes sense.

I can see the case for not closing the door on Niemi. Now here me out.

By flat out announcing to the public that you have absolutely ruled out the return of Niemi it tells teams such as Ottawa that you, in essence have a big hole in net and the price goes up for an Anderson or Lehner or a Brian Elliot or whoever.

Now lets say you swing and miss on the trade market, ruling out Niemi will have the same effect on free agents, raising their price.

You and I both know that Niemi is gone like a freight train. No way, no how will he be returning. But playing the game until they sign his replacement or trade for one actually makes sense.

heh. Yeah, makes sense

Ill add to my offseason hopes.

Jared Spurgeon might be available. I'd ship Goldobin and our 2016 2nd for him straight up.

Vlasic/Burns

Mueller/Spurgeon

Dillon/Braun

I'd roll with it.

We need a goalie. I am waiting till the waters clear here. But Anderson from Ottawa seems like a solid choice. Colorado's 2016 2nd.

If Werenski and Provorov are both off the board by #9, I would see about trading the 1st back a few spots to nab another 2nd rounder and maybe a 3rd depending on how much a team wants to move up. No further than 13th though. If Dallas offered the 12th overall + 2nd rounder + our 3rd back(From the Demers trade), I take it and run. The players between 9-12 available are all great and if I can't have a Dman, ill take any one of them.

I am one of the crazy guys who does not see a heap of difference between Barzal, Rantanen, Meier, Connor, Crouse, Zacha. We need a Defenseman.

Ill add to my offseason hopes.

Jared Spurgeon might be available. I'd ship Goldobin and our 2016 2nd for him straight up.

Vlasic/Burns

Mueller/Spurgeon

Dillon/Braun

I'd roll with it.

We need a goalie. I am waiting till the waters clear here. But Anderson from Ottawa seems like a solid choice. Colorado's 2016 2nd.

If Werenski and Provorov are both off the board by #9, I would see about trading the 1st back a few spots to nab another 2nd rounder and maybe a 3rd depending on how much a team wants to move up. No further than 13th though. If Dallas offered the 12th overall + 2nd rounder + our 3rd back(From the Demers trade), I take it and run. The players between 9-12 available are all great and if I can't have a Dman, ill take any one of them.

I am one of the crazy guys who does not see a heap of difference between Barzal, Rantanen, Meier, Connor, Crouse, Zacha. We need a Defenseman.

You know i'm with ya on Spurgeon......but flip flop Dillon & Mirco. I don't like Dillon &Braun being paired together i thought they were horrible together last year.

Yeah if Provorov & Werenski are off the board we should definitely look to trade back a few spots & acquire more picks inthe top 100.........And we can draft Connor. :thumbsu:

This leadup to the draft is going to give me a heart attack.

If Wilson trades the 9th overall for spare parts, I will fly to San Jose and kill him. or send SJSharks39 an express brick of bills to do it for me.

I hear we are getting Bieksa for the bottom pair. If we give more than a 3rd/4th for him, it is a WASTE. He has been awful the past 2 years.

Heard Calgary and SJ are the only two in on Talbot too. If we pay too much, I would rather just get a UFA goalie. Two 2nd's for Talbot is a bit too much for me.

Two 2nd's for Talbot is a bit too much for me.

Forget where I heard it, maybe just one of my buddies....but I heard that the Rangers turned down the 9th pick to trade Talbot...that sounds a bit crazy. I would think the Rags would have jumped on that if offered......if it is true that they Rags turned that down, just what do they think Cam is worth? Having trouble believing his rumor.

@J0e Th0rnton

I'm assuming you are thrilled to draft Meier 9th overall....very nice pick and some real good value sitting there in the top 10. What a nice addition he will make to the Sharks top 6 a year from now.

Yeah, the whole Bar cheered when he was picked. Moosehead and all :P

I ordered a triple and downed it after Werenski went 8th(I knew and feared Columbus would go blueliner). But got a lot of pats on the back for picking up the mooseheads hero. Ill get to see a lot of him like I did with Mackinnon and Drouin and Ehlers.

The funniest thing was the poor guy with the Lucic hoodie looking like I did when they traded Thornton to the Sharks

Archived