Draft Day, who do the Flyers pick at #7?

pilldoc

With the #7 pick of the 2015 NHL Draft, the Philadelphia Flyers select:_________________  

51 members have voted

1. 1. With the #7 pick of the 2015 NHL Draft, the Philadelphia Flyers select:_________________

• Ivan Provorov (D) – Brandon (WHL)
    • Lawson Crouse (LW) – Kingston (OHL)
    • Mikko Rantanen (RW) – TPS Turku (SM-liiga)
    • Zack Werenski (D) – US Under 17
    • Pavel Zacha (C) –Sarnia (OHL)
    • Mathew Barzal (C) – Seattle (WHL)
    • Timo Meier (LW) – Halifax (QMJHL)
    • Kyle Connor (C) – Youngstown (USHL)
    • OTHER
    • TRADE - UP
    • TRADE - DOWN

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ruxpin

Rux, I hear your concerns and for any other player, I would totally agree.   However, someone on here brought up the point that he voluntarily came over to N. America 3-4 years ago just so he could learn and get ready for the NHL.  If he had been in Russia this entire time, I would totally agree with your concerns.  I don't think this sounds like a kid who is willing to jump ship and go back to motherland Russia.  However, I get the fears that everyone may have.

Don't let that fool you. So did Radulov

To Flyers: Sharks 9th overall + Matt Nieto(Solid young 22 year old Roster player with speed, upside and good advanced stats)

To Sharks: Flyers 7th overall + our 3rd rounder back + We will take Grossman off your hands for the final year of his contract :)

Actually want to keep Nieto and want nothing to do with Grossman, but you gotta give to get :P

Edit: I would only do this if Provorov were still available

Who I want and who they take are 2 different things for me. I want Hanifan but I think they take Provorov or Crouse. Crouse I'm not as high on as some people.

If Hanifan would drop to 7 I think he would be the consensus pick.   I see him going in the top 5...  agree on Prov and Crouse as well

I think it is safe to safe

I was thinking it was safe to safe, too.  One time, I was thinking it was safe to safe when it was actually unsafe to safe, but with a little work it improved to being safe to unsafe safely.

@murraycraven

I think it is safe to safe if Hanifin / or Marner / or Strome drops to #7 anyone of them would be the consensus pick.  I believe the Flyers have it narrowed down to either Crouse or Provorov.

Completely agree.... stranger things have happened for sure but cant see those 3 slipping out of the top 5.   Provorov is the easy pick at 7 - Crouse I am not sold on but you have to love the kids size and skill.  I would not be unhappy with either as the pick.  Reading the comparison of Crouse to The Big E makes me giddy but I think Provorov is the safe pick if still at 7...   

Either one I am good...

I was thinking it was safe to safe, too.  One time, I was thinking it was safe to safe when it was actually unsafe to safe, but with a little work it improved to being safe to unsafe safely.

a sufficiently safe pick in an unsafe manner for safety sake.

Good point.  I mean you should have safeguards against unsafely picking safe picks in an unsafe manner. I think it's safe to safe we agree on the safety of picking safe picks unsafely.

Good point.  I mean you should have safeguards against unsafely picking safe picks in an unsafe manner. I think it's safe to safe we agree on the safety of picking safe picks unsafely.

LOL (at myself) ... one of these days I will proof read my  posts.

Completely agree.... stranger things have happened for sure but cant see those 3 slipping out of the top 5.   Provorov is the easy pick at 7 - Crouse I am not sold on but you have to love the kids size and skill.  I would not be unhappy with either as the pick.  Reading the comparison of Crouse to The Big E makes me giddy but I think Provorov is the safe pick if still at 7...   

Either one I am good...

I don't think Lindros is a good comparison for Crouse. Lindros was miles ahead offensively at the same age and he had that domination factor that I just don't see from Crouse. However, I see a lot of Gabriel Landeskog/James Neal/Jamie Benn in Crouse. I will admit if they choose to go with Provorov, there's no complaints there either. My only complaint is if they go with a Rantanen or Meier at 7. Under no circumstances should the late 96 kids be selected in the top 15 to 20 picks.

I don't think Lindros is a good comparison for Crouse. Lindros was miles ahead offensively at the same age and he had that domination factor that I just don't see from Crouse. However, I see a lot of Gabriel Landeskog/James Neal/Jamie Benn in Crouse. I will admit if they choose to go with Provorov, there's no complaints there either. My only complaint is if they go with a Rantanen or Meier at 7. Under no circumstances should the late 96 kids be selected in the top 15 to 20 picks.

Rantanen won't make it past the Avs...

Agreed. Lindros' numbers as a 17/18 y/o: 

1990-91 Oshawa Generals OHL GP 57 G 71 A 78 T 149 PIM189 PO GP  16 G 18 A 20 TO38 PIM 93

@ KK and Lunatic

Of course they are not like Eric's numbers - he was *the* generational talent coming out of the draft.   Crouse has drawn comparisons to the way he plays the game.  He is physical, big, skilled and drives the net hard...

@ KK and Lunatic

Of course they are not like Eric's numbers - he was *the* generational talent coming out of the draft.   Crouse has drawn comparisons to the way he plays the game.  He is physical, big, skilled and drives the net hard...

And about a year in development behind guys like Meier and Rantanen. Crouse is just barely eligible for this years draft. 

And about a year in development behind guys like Meier and Rantanen. Crouse is just barely eligible for this years draft. 

Wasn't the same true of Morin?

After reading this the only thing that popped into my head was "the next Dawkinzzzz"

So with the rumors swirling about teams moving up to take Hanifin it's more likely Provorov is gone by #7.

So the Flyers may take Barzal or Crouse then a lot of whispers has the Flyers taking Noah Juulsen with #29.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=199905

I would like this draft as well.

Archived