Blackhawks trade Saad to Blue Jackets

pilldoc

Moving Sharp/Bickell has proven to be impossible?

I think they can move them....they just ain't getting jack for them....teams know they have zero leverage so they just have to wait it out till desperation sets in...call it the Paul Holmgren move if you will...

Barring health issues, as has been the case the last few seasons, with Saad added to an already big and tough team, this Columbus team should be a playoff contender.

And if Bob plays out of his mind, look out in the post season as well.

I've always liked Brandon Saad....well before he became an official Blackhawk.

Saw him play in the World Juniors some seasons ago, along with Charlie Coyle, and instantly fell in love with their games and knew they'd both be solid, solid NHL'ers.

Coyle is working his way to that with the Wild, and now, those that told me Saad was projected to be nothing more than a bottom six grinder will see him take it to the competition...especially when insulated on a team that has many guys that can play the West Conference style game like the Jackets do.....with some scoring to boot.

article_70fccf40-601a-4313-8030-38352a6b

^^^^^^^

THIS is the only guy who can derail Saad and company.

Holy crap. Looks like I am going to Nationwide more next year. My wife is ecstatic. I told my teenage daughter who loves the Jackets about the move and her first question was, 'is he hot?" I really do not know how to answer that.......

Holy crap. Looks like I am going to Nationwide more next year. My wife is ecstatic. I told my teenage daughter who loves the Jackets about the move and her first question was, 'is he hot?" I really do not know how to answer that.......

Tell her a hockey gal you know says "Yes".   :D

You can thank me later, Yave.

Columbus would've been a great hockey team if not for all the injuries this past season. Moves like this only make them better. I suggest the Metropolitan Division watch their backs.

Saad followed captain greedy and his lieutenant in refusing a hometown discount.

Kinda hilarious that they just won a cup and fans are calling to fire Bowman.

Fans are idiots. 

Saad is a special player.

Agree 100%. What is with these teams, you need cap releif and you trade talented young players??? WTF. Trade Sharp WAY before even considering moving Saad. He looked WICKED good in the playoffs. We have only seen the tip of the iceberg with Saad....what a STUPID move!!

what's underreported here is that the Blue Jackets are developing a pretty strong team that should be able to seriously compete in the Metro.

And it doesn't look to me like a lot of smoke and mirrors.

@jammer2

I'm sure they've tried to deal Sharp....would you trade for him after the season he had and that caphit? 

I'd imagine GMs were trying to get them to retain salary and not give very much.

If the reports of what Chicago wanted (1st/prospect/roster player) were true, I'd imagine Chicago heard a lot of hearty belly laughs on the other end of the phone.

Columbus need some help on the blueline, but their forwards not only look good, they look playoff good.

They do have a good team developing there. The Metro is going to be a tough nut to crack.

Sharps still a useful player, but that caphit isn't.

He is useful, but not first round pick plus prospect plus top 6 roster player useful. And I say that as perhaps the biggest Sharp fan on this board...

To keep a Saad in the fold, I kinda agree with jammer that I'd have moved Sharp for pucks before giving up on an effective 22 year old Top 6 forward.

I wonder if the GMs around the league looked at the Hawks and said "Why trade for one of their older guys when we can (basically) force Saad onto the RFA market?" I mean, you could offer sheet him for 3.6 million (2nd rounder) and it would be pretty much impossible for the Hawks to match. So why trade anything, even futures, for Sharp when you could potentially force this kind of outcome?

I wonder if the GMs around the league looked at the Hawks and said "Why trade for one of their older guys when we can (basically) force Saad onto the RFA market?" I mean, you could offer sheet him for 3.6 million (2nd rounder) and it would be pretty much impossible for the Hawks to match. So why trade anything, even futures, for Sharp when you could potentially force this kind of outcome?

I think the word you are looking for is: collusion.

I think the word you are looking for is: collusion.

It's collusion if there was a general conversation about it and a decision made in concert.

I think if we here can see the writing on the wall, it's not too far beyond the pale to see professional hockey GMs deciding that all by themselves without needing to "collude" on anything.

Archived