TSN reports MICHAL NEUVIRTH signed by Flyers

pags569

Nice,  I won't feel so queasy whenever Mason needs a rest.  I liked Nuevirth from his Hershey days ...kind of wondered why he wasn't money at the NHL level

Nice, I won't feel so queasy whenever Mason needs a rest. I liked Nuevirth from his Hershey days ...kind of wondered why he wasn't money at the NHL level

He's not bad at the NHL level. Did okay for the caps really. I think it's a solid pickup.

great signing by Hexy! Bye Bye Emory.....

I hope that's sincere because I surely do wish the Rayzor well! But it may be time for Sweden, back to Russia or to hang 'em up. He got five years on the titanium hip of an 85 year old. Not bad Ray. Not bad.

Absolutely K he's way ahead of the game, from back when nodody including his doctors thought he might never even walk again. I know he brought on himself much of the criticism in his early years but he was always one my favorite NHL players, even when he was involved in all those late-night antics and locker room turmoil.

Absolutely K he's way ahead of the game, from back when nodody including his doctors thought he might never even walk again. I know he brought on himself much of the criticism in his early years but he was always one my favorite NHL players, even when he was involved in all those late-night antics and locker room turmoil.

I agree...he grew up, it is a shame that we didn't get to see healthy , mature Emery because that could have been a special player.  He was a good fit in his time here i wish him the best.

Greetings:

This is a good signing...concur with all of you. He is a solid backup and could fill in.  I liked him better than the some of the others out there (Enroth, Lindback).  Who knows, in two years we may actually have someone from our own organization to be a backup or starter.  I wish Razor well. And I guess the Zepper is mentor in the A. 

Howie

I agree...he grew up, it is a shame that we didn't get to see healthy , mature Emery because that could have been a special player.  He was a good fit in his time here i wish him the best.

agreed. all other things being equal, a healthy Emery in 2010 could have made for a different ending.

I hope that's sincere because I surely do wish the Rayzor well! But it may be time for Sweden, back to Russia or to hang 'em up. He got five years on the titanium hip of an 85 year old. Not bad Ray. Not bad.

yes.. it was sincere and I do wish him well, but it was very evident that he was not the same goalie last year as he was in years past.  That was very evident in the playoff loss to the Rangers 2 yrs ago.  He just does not have the lateral movement form side to side anymore.  I'm sorry if I did not make clear enough.

I like this signing.  Saw a lot of him when he was with the Caps.  He couldn't nail down the starting job but he was decent.

As long as he's happy being the backup here; it should work out well.

Like the other posters; I wish Emery well and we all would have enjoyed a healthy, mature Emery in 2010.

So this is what we are looking at to start till they can move some deadweight...

Gagner-Giroux- Voracek
Read-Couturier-Schenn
Raffl- Laughton- Simmonds
Umberger- Bellemare- White
VV VLC

Streit- Schultz
Medvedev- Macdonald
MDZ- Gudas

Manning

Mason
Neuvirth

Positions and linemates are not set just throwing it out there to look at to envision so to speak....

...this has Laughton winning a spot...which is highly likely...unless they would rather him start in the AHL.

That's pretty much how I envision things, though Schenn is your 7th defenseman with Manning in LV, assuming MDZ signs. I would think Scenn's the most likely to be shipped, but if so, I'd push Schultz to 7 (or MacDonald, but that's likely not happening) so Manning can play. He won't gain anything sitting in the press box. If you don't think he's ready to play full time, you're better off signing a scrap heap guy and making him your first callup.

AJgoal, on 01 Jul 2015 - 5:55 PM, said:

That's pretty much how I envision things, though Schenn is your 7th defenseman with Manning in LV

I knew i was forgetting someone....revised then....

Gagner-Giroux- Voracek

Read-Couturier-Schenn

VV VLC

Streit- Medvedev

MDZ- Schenn

Macdonald-Gudas

Shultz---where he should be 7th....plus this would give Flyers two righthanded shots.

Mason

Neuvirth

Luke could be a candidate to be traded though.....

I knew i was forgetting someone....revised then....

Gagner-Giroux- Voracek

Read-Couturier-Schenn

VV VLC

Streit- Medvedev

MDZ- Schenn

Macdonald-Gudas

Shultz---where he should be 7th....plus this would give Flyers two righthanded shots.

Mason

Neuvirth

Luke could be a candidate to be traded though.....

I think that is about right......

Agreed, though if that first struggles, I anticipate everyone sliding down a line and Raffl moving back up. That's not that bad looking, all things considered. The defense is still drek.

Agreed, though if that first struggles, I anticipate everyone sliding down a line and Raffl moving back up. That's not that bad looking, all things considered. The defense is still drek.

Yes i hope Hak can get these kids ready overall a pretty young lineup to work with...i wouldn't say Hak has exactly what he needs on the blueline to implement his system but he has enough i think...the Russian is a wildcard i think because we don't know what we're getting but i expect him to playquick and smart.

I really in my gut don't think Hexy is done...what else i'm not sure.

I do think he is going to try like hell to move Vinny just to remove that distraction before the start of the season.

Archived