NHL All-Star Voting - Ludicrous

Guest radoran

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=610012&cmpid=nhl-rxl-fb

Congrats to Ottawa Senators Alfredsson, Michalek, Spezza, Karlsson (top vote-getter), Toronto Maple Leafs Phaneuf and Boston Bruins Tim Thomas.

They're the first 6 players named to the 2012 Tim Hortons NHL® All-Star Game, as selected by fans in NHL All-Star Fan Balloting™, presented by Sirius XM.

Tim Thomas is obvious.

Karlsson has a good argument.

Spezza? Michalek?? ALFREDSSON???

A joke. Nothing more.

Spezza? Michalek?? ALFREDSSON???

Spezza is having a decent season offensively as is Michalek. At least they have the stats to be in the conversation. Alfredssson doesn't belong in the conversation.

Who cares? The starters are based on voting, and Sens fans want their players. We'll do the same when it's in Philly.

Giroux deserves to be there, and he will be. But the starters are just a popularity contest, and that really has no bearing on anything.

Giroux not among All-Star Game starters http://www.csnphilly...318&feedID=6572

what a bunch of bs. roo should say no thank get the rest during the AS break and be ready and healthy for the rest of season

I'm pretty sure the players cannot say no to the AS, if selected. They must play or attend if injured. They get suspended if they don't. There were a few players several years ago who didn't play because of injuries (Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Crosby). Datsyuk and Lidstrom did not attend the gameand chose to stay in Detroit to rehab their minor injuries. They were suspended 1 game each. Crosby did not play but he attended the game and did not get suspended.

I'm pretty sure the players cannot say no to the AS, if selected. They must play or attend if injured. They get suspended if they don't. There were a few players several years ago who didn't play because of injuries (Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Crosby). Datsyuk and Lidstrom did not attend the gameand chose to stay in Detroit to rehab their minor injuries. They were suspended 1 game each. Crosby did not play but he attended the game and did not get suspended.

Talk about BS! Sounds like indentured servitude! The League really does own these guys. Huh.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree Alfredsson should not be on the team. But I think we all know since the fan balloting has been in place it is an all star scrimmage no longer an all star game. I'm from Ottawa and voted for Karlsson and Spezza, and must admit I think its a nice gesture seeing Alfredsson as a captain. At the same time a guy like Kovalchuk not making the team makes no sense to me, and if it came down to him NOT making it because of Alfredsson, I then continue to lose respect for the all-star game.