You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

hf101

HockeyForums 2015 MVD Bracket Summer Challenge

Our "Summer Bracket Discussion Challenge" is back starting next Monday July 20th, here in the new "MVD Challenge" Forum. This Challenge is expected to take place over the next 8 weeks or so, providing our forum with new and hopefully interesting discussions each week during the off season.

In the past we have voted Jonathan Quick as the "Most Valuable Player in 2012" in a 32 Bracket format where voting and discussion posts earned extra tokens for the members who participated. And in 2013 we voted Stan Bowman as the most proficient GM in the league.  

This off-season we plan to choose the "Most Valuable Defenseman" in the league via a 32 bracket format ranking the defensemen according to the 2015 NHL final team standings. The entire bracket and score-sheet will be located in the menu under "Chat & Games" and all voting and discussions will take place as topics in MVD Challenge Forum.

Hidden Content

All new MVD Challenge matchup polls and discussions will be posted on Mondays or Tuesdays each week until the winner of Hockey Forums 2015 MVD is chosen by mid September. Five Tokens are earned per vote and for each and every quality discussion post within each MVD topic. And there will be a maximum 50 tokens earned per member per matchup. There will also be a bonus as 20 points will be awarded in each challenge for the best post by a member.  All polls and topics will close at 9:00PM on Sundays each week.

When voting and discussing each MVD matchup consider the following for the 2015-16 season: Role D-man has on team, Leadership qualities, Stats, and Value to their Organization.

Any questions?

Edited by hf101
corrected link

Our annual "Summer Bracket Discussion Challenge" is back starting next Monday July 20th, here in the new "MVD Challenge" Forum. This Challenge is expected to take place over the next 8 weeks or so, providing our forum with new and hopefully interesting discussions each week during the off season.

In the past we have voted Jonathan Quick as the "Most Valuable Player in 2012" in a 32 Bracket format where voting and discussion posts earned extra tokens for the members who participated. And in 2013 we voted Stan Bowman as the most proficient GM in the league.  

This off-season we plan to choose the "Most Valuable Defenseman" in the league via a 32 bracket format ranking the defensemen according to the 2015 NHL final team standings. The entire bracket and score-sheet will be located in the menu under "Chat & Games" and all voting and discussions will take place as topics in MVD Challenge Forum.

Hidden Content

All new MVD Challenge matchup polls and discussions will be posted on Mondays or Tuesdays each week until the winner of Hockey Forums 2015 MVD is chosen by mid September. Five Tokens are earned per vote and for each and every quality discussion post within each MVD topic. And there will be a maximum 50 tokens earned per member per matchup. There will also be a bonus as 20 points will be awarded in each challenge for the best post by a member.  All polls and topics will close at 9:00PM on Sundays each week.

When voting and discussing each MVD matchup consider the following for the 2015-16 season: Role D-man has on team, Leadership qualities, Stats, and Value to their Organization.

Any questions?

Hehe. Duncan Keith wins.

Its going to be hard to generate discussion when everyone agrees

@hf101

P.S that doc file is locked and I am not authorized :P

Sorry, .....should be fixed now.  :)

@hf101

P.S that doc file is locked and I am not authorized :P

Same here.! I knew knowing you would end up causing me grief.!  :notfair:  :lol:

The Google doc should be viewable for the public now. 

Hidden Content

Bah, I hate limiting it to 1 per team lol

Arguably, Roman Josi has become as important as Weber to the Preds. Vlasic is just as important as Burns to the Sharks. Shattenkirk as important as Pietrangelo to the Blues, Byfuglien not the best Dman on the Jets, And the flames have Hamilton, Giordano, Brodie.

I suppose we want to include all teams here, but I see Risto, Streit, Krug, Edler,  and wonder why they are on the list lol.

Byfuglien not the best Dman on the Jets,

Based on last years stats, big Buff probably deserves to be in this thing, but it is a shame, cause I honestlly believe if this poll was done next year instead of this one, Trouba would be the unquestioned choice from the Peg.

Based on last years stats, big Buff probably deserves to be in this thing, but it is a shame, cause I honestlly believe if this poll was done next year instead of this one, Trouba would be the unquestioned choice from the Peg.

thing is, until injuries, Buff was playing as a forward

thing is, until injuries, Buff was playing as a forward

True enough, and he was at forward for a significant amount of time also....kinda unfair to the other d-men, no?

Bah, I hate limiting it to 1 per team lol

Arguably, Roman Josi has become as important as Weber to the Preds. Vlasic is just as important as Burns to the Sharks. Shattenkirk as important as Pietrangelo to the Blues, Byfuglien not the best Dman on the Jets, And the flames have Hamilton, Giordano, Brodie.

I suppose we want to include all teams here, but I see Risto, Streit, Krug, Edler,  and wonder why they are on the list lol.

I'm open to changing which d-man is the most valuable towards the success of next years season for a specific team.   For example I considered using Darnell Nurse instead of Schultz.   The thinking that a particular d-man wouldn't be as effective with a different partner, or discussing the pairing for a team is very acceptable as part of the thread discussion.

I'm open to changing which d-man is the most valuable towards the success of next years season for a specific team.   For example I considered using Darnell Nurse instead of Schultz.   The thinking that a particular d-man wouldn't be as effective with a different partner, or discussing the pairing for a team is very acceptable as part of the thread discussion.

I would have gone with Sekera for the Oilers :P

Big name UFA signing and proven player.

The flames are an enigma. 3 Dmen who could legitimately be Norris candidates. Gio, TJB and .DOuggie

Josi was just as good as Weber, if not better this season for the preds lol

If I were to pick teams to drop from the discussion due to lack of blueline talent likely to be super good, Buffalo, Columbus, Jersey, Flyers, Canucks.

Since Buff played a considerable amount of time at forward, his stats are boosted. But it is hard to isolate a jet deserving. Myself I pick Myers. 15 points in 24 games and +9 after getting out of the Buffalo cesspool. Trouba WOULD have been an option if not for injury.

But hey, you already have some guys down, we can roll with it. Might be too much of a hassle to change it now hehe

Your mentioning Nurse gives me an idea for a similar contest we could do at some point: Most Valuable Prospect.

• Like 1

Your mentioning Nurse gives me an idea for a similar contest we could do at some point: Most Valuable Prospect.

I am game!

Would have to be a project that spans years though haha. Probably 3-4 years at least.

I am game!

Would have to be a project that spans years though haha. Probably 3-4 years at least.

Hmm..that would be interesting...yeah that would have to span at least 3-4 years as you say.  Interesting concept though.

@Born To Be Wild

Glad you are enjoying the MVP Challenge.  We have done this the past 2 years and most enjoy it.  Besides it gives us something to talk about until the preseason starts.

Welcome to HF.net! :)

best,

Pilldoc

I just realized that four of my top six are paired off against one another in the quarterfinals. The level of competition is upped now.

Who won the competition among the members?