Re-Signing Voracek

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

If anyone cares, I wouldn't take him for $7.25/hr.  He has loser stink all over him. 

And he turned down a 8 year 64 mill deal already.

For a guy who has put up two 70 point seasons...back in 2013-14 and this year. He has the feel of a guy once he gets paid will regress a lot.

Nah hard pass.

He is in the realm of Jake this he is better than he actually is.

I honestly doubt we'll see many changes to the team's core.

That said, I'm wondering what it would take to get there. Say next season they run about the same course they have for the last seven -- does eight mediocre to bad seasons in a row do it? Will Fletch just fall on the excuse that he wasn't around for most of that time? I wonder where the breaking point is.

41 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I honestly doubt we'll see many changes to the team's core.

That said, I'm wondering what it would take to get there. Say next season they run about the same course they have for the last seven -- does eight mediocre to bad seasons in a row do it? Will Fletch just fall on the excuse that he wasn't around for most of that time? I wonder where the breaking point is.

Well they have a little money to spend this offseason so I feel they will do something but if anything it will be a free agent add.

My gut tells me Fletcher doesn't want to do too much yet.

I say they add two players 3 tops that wasn't here this year.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well they have a little money to spend this offseason so I feel they will do something but if anything it will be a free agent add.

My gut tells me Fletcher doesn't want to do too much yet.

I say they add two players 3 tops that wasn't here this year.

I think you're right. I'm just wondering what it would take for Fletch to decide the team needs more than simply FA adds. I wonder what the breaking point would be for him. We knew Hexy to be generally pretty idealistic, but we don't know Fletch yet. I'm curious.

17 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I wonder what the breaking point would be for him.

I don't know but one of them better be for them to come out the gates hard and ready to roll come October...or we may see something go down before then end of the year....or no less it could be a huge purge by next years trade deadline.

But i am hoping they find a fix and some stability and structure i am tired of waiting.

I am tired of this. I want meaningful playoff hockey back in my life...and i want to be watching the Flyers still playing come mid May!!!!!

On 4/5/2019 at 11:29 AM, OccamsRazor said:

I did hate that he would come into the zone zone wide open and just skate around the net and then from the worse low percentage angle possible he would take a shot goal usually it would be when no Flyers was nearby to even have a chance at the rebound.

Seems somehow someone in LA got him to stop doing that...not sure how but as many times as i have watched him play in LA i never seen that play...it was strange. But hey he won two Cups.

I think it's just a proximity bias that develops from watching a player game in and game out. 

Carter hit his career highs in goals, assists, and points in Philly. We got to watch him every night, and flaws get magnified.

I haven't watched him in LA, but my guess is that he's basically the same player. We just don't care about his flaws anymore.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

We got to watch him every night, and flaws get magnified.

Sure and it couldn't help you from thinking wow just eliminate that and wonder how much better he could have been.

How many more goals he might have scored.

How many more games they could have won.

Archived