Voracek Signed

You certainly called it...

We aren't under the old CBA anymore.This is currently the market rate for a player of Voracek's caliber. In three years, it'll probably be less than market value for a bonafide 1st liner.

Untitled.jpg

LOL @ Berube giving him 2nd line minutes 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so where are the guys here that told me he wasn't getting more than $6-6.5m?

Hate to say I told you so....

Stop making s**t up noone said he wouldn't get it.

Rad and i said we just questioned was he worth it.

And i still question it.

@RJ8812

Yep. There was no way he wasn't getting at least 8 mil. I'm no cap guy but even I knew that when looking at what others have been getting. I think it's natural to be squeamish about 8 years since SO MUCH can happen in that time. But, in reality there is gonna be risk. I'm buckled up and ready for the ride. I suppose it would be fun if we could pay players game by game. Talk about motivation! But, I'm going on the premise that Jake will be very much worth it and if something happens along the way to change the formula so be it. I'm not going to go blame Hextall if he get's Pronger'ed or something... No one knows the future but as it stands now Hexy is locking it down! 

Stop making s**t up noone said he wouldn't get it.

Rad and i said we just questioned was he worth it.

And i still question it.

Actually, I don't recall who but I heard several folks in the past few months say he wouldn't get what he just got. I guess it doesn't matter. It's done and we don't have a UFA drama thing with him next summer. I'm going with the glass is half full, mainly because it more fun.

Actually, I don't recall who but I heard several folks in the past few months say he wouldn't get what he just got.

Well i can't say i've read every post but i don't recall anyone saying he wouldn't get the 8mill i just remember a few saying he might not be worth it...and i guess we'll have to wait and see....

My question is will Hextall trade him in the 6th year to bring on a stud like Umberger and get cap relief? You know bc his contract is an albatross.

Hartnells deal is looking way more palatable with these salaries...

Bet then again we get on out of a contract earlier... lol.

That's all we can do. Oh, and debate it for the next 8 years, which we will likely do. Right now many will say "to much - to long". 4 yrs from now we will be saying "what a bargain ! Can't believe we won a cup with him." and 7 yrs from now it will be " freakin Hextall era! Who knew we would miss the playoffs last year. Well, only one more year of the bum Voracek and we clear 8+ million off the 92 million cap".....

That's all we can do. Oh, and debate it for the next 8 years, which we will likely do. Right now many will say "to much - to long". 4 yrs from now we will be saying "what a bargain ! Can't believe we won a cup with him." and 7 yrs from now it will be " freakin Hextall era! Who knew we would miss the playoffs last year. Well, only one more year of the bum Voracek and we clear 8+ million off the 92 million cap".....

A + idaho... made me crack up!

Let's hope right.....another dead horse we can beat for years though....

I had another one liner for the 7yr part of it but I already stirred the pot this week so I left it alone. 

like this? 

Combined, Vincent Lecavalier (35), R.J. Umberger (33),  and Andrew MacDonald (28) make $14.1 million. Last season, they played in a combined 182 games, scoring 19 goals and adding 28 assists. Umberger was a minus-9. Lecavalier was a minus-7. MacDonald was a minus-5.  

Jake will be 27 when his new 8 year contract starts and 35 when it ends.

so where are the guys here that told me he wasn't getting more than $6-6.5m?

Hate to say I told you so....

You really should go find them, whoever they were.

I said I wouldn't give him that after one great season and many people who said $7.5M said they wouldn't rush to do it rightnow.

Flyers have locked $16M up in the sixth-highest scoring duo in the Metro.

No one hopes that works out more than me.

like this?

No, not quit... But yours is valid point not lost on me. I tend to take "the angle" on these things and this term and dollar amount doesn't bother me very much. I'm very excepting of "what is" and find ways to work it out in my mind. I'm also patient. Barring the unforeseen, this is a good deal and I'm willing to wait for that to flesh itself out.

It's more than I thought he'd get, and I didn't realize they were even working on a deal. That said, it's probably market value for an elite player which I think Jake is. And I definitely wanted him to be part of the team's core going forward. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things play out.

No, not quit... But yours is valid point not lost on me. I tend to take "the angle" on these things and this term and dollar amount doesn't bother me very much. I'm very excepting of "what is" and find ways to work it out in my mind. I'm also patient. Barring the unforeseen, this is a good deal and I'm willing to wait for that to flesh itself out.

No doubt it is a good deal for Voracek. And it is good for the Flyers to have Jake and Giroux together for the next 5 years in their prime.    However after these guys are in their 30's I'd rather their cap hit to be more representative to their role on the team.  I just really dislike the long term contracts.

I'd rather their cap hit to be more representative to their role on the team

One could argue that it will be. 8 million won't be what it is now and there are plenty of guys still producing and performing well at 35 and our 2 guys will be coming off the books right at that time, if the Flyers so choose...

Some context, someone just posted this on "another site". The top scorers over the past three seasons:

Sid

Ovi

Giroux

Getzlaf

Backstrom

Tavares

Benn 

Seguin

Kessel

Voracek

I'm guessing this is points?

Because Patrick Kane, for one, has 79 goals over that stretch to G's 66 and V's 67

And he's missed 35 games.

@JackStraw

Nice going Jack! You try and give context and screw it up by having a list that omits Kane!  :ph34r: You could have had god on that list and it's not gonna matter.

I was asking a simple question which was answered.

And the context of goal scoring is rather important in hockey. Something about deciding games.

Archived