Can Alexander Ovechkin Become The Greatest European Hockey Player Of All Time?

JagerMeister

4 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ovechkin Become The Greatest European Player Of All Time

• Not a chance in hell
    • Yes
    • he already is...
  2. 2. Which Of The Greatest European Players Will He Most Likely Surpass?

• Jagr
    • Hasek
    • Lidstrom
    • Jagr and Hasek
    • Lidstrom and Jagr
    • Hasek and Lidstrom

....But what i was trying to say with my second paragraph is that, although i do agree with Hull being a better playoff performer, he was surrounded by much more talent then Ovi, i wasnt trying to say that Hull was the sole reason Chicago Blackhawks made the playoffs.

Also, I would argue Bobby Hull has never had a playoff run as dominant as Ovechkin's 2008-09

I'm mostly in agreement with that, but Hull had his fair share of great playoff performances. He was the top playoff goal-scorer in 1962. He repeated that in 1963 in a year that the Black Hawks didn't even make the Finals. He led the playoffs in goals and points in 1965, and although he didn't lead the league, he had 11 goals and 14 assists in 18 games in 1971. Three times, he had 20+ points in the WHA playoffs. If you think Ovi's single performance was the most dominant, I won't argue that, because he was very impressive. Even so, Hull has a few "candidate" playoffs in that discussion.

I'm mostly in agreement with that, but Hull had his fair share of great playoff performances. He was the top playoff goal-scorer in 1962. He repeated that in 1963 in a year that the Black Hawks didn't even make the Finals. He led the playoffs in goals and points in 1965, and although he didn't lead the league, he had 11 goals and 14 assists in 18 games in 1971. Three times, he had 20+ points in the WHA playoffs. If you think Ovi's single performance was the most dominant, I won't argue that, because he was very impressive. Even so, Hull has a few "candidate" playoffs in that discussion.

Yea but Ovechkin is playing in the most competitive era of hockey, Bobby Hull played during the time of the dinosaurs, which automatically makes Ovechkin's 08-09 run more impressive then any of Hull's postseason performances!!!!    :ph34r:

Archived