Patrick Kane being investigated by police

Samifan

Attorneys for the parties have been in communication for weeks, though they had not reached a formal agreement by Wednesday afternoon that would potentially end the criminal investigation. To the contrary, the sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, described a fluid situation in which both Kane and his accuser have refused at times to acquiesce because they both view themselves as the wronged party.

If this is a situation where the accuser can be bought off, then no crime occurred and she shouldn't be bought off.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DNA tests, or maybe I should say a lack of evidence in expected places suggest no crime occurred. Kane’s DNA was only found beneath the woman’s fingernails and on her shoulders.

This could be good news for Kane as he has proclaimed innocence in his press conference.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/09/19/dna-test-results-spur-questions-in-kane-case/

Is this a publicity stunt for more attention or what??  Hopefully this is an apology.

The alleged victim's lawyers are to hold a press conference at 1:00 PM today.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/835988

I'll call it now. She will still insist it happened but had decided to put the whole thing behind her and not move forward with the case....which still leaves the door open for a civil suit.

HEY....was that a tribute to Yogi Berra? He would have been proud of that one! HA HA!

Not deliberately, but yeah it is kinda Berra-like eh?

It's something I've been saying for years. Inspired by Mrs Podein and a life of working in and around politics actually.

I haven't been following this very close, but this is the 1st I've heard this.

Kane's attorney, Paul Cambria, downplayed the bag's significance, saying the sample already had been tested and did not confirm the sexual assault allegation. The comments marked the first time Kane's attorney has confirmed reports that Kane's DNA was not found in the accuser's genital area.

"The evidence technician who works for the county tested it. He said there was no Patrick Kane, and that's all I needed to know," Cambria said. "We were told other DNA was found, but none of it was from Patrick."

I haven't been following this very close, but this is the 1st I've heard this.

Kane's attorney, Paul Cambria, downplayed the bag's significance, saying the sample already had been tested and did not confirm the sexual assault allegation. The comments marked the first time Kane's attorney has confirmed reports that Kane's DNA was not found in the accuser's genital area.

"The evidence technician who works for the county tested it. He said there was no Patrick Kane, and that's all I needed to know," Cambria said. "We were told other DNA was found, but none of it was from Patrick."

Presuming this is true, I'm really starting to feel sorry for the women in the future that are raped and are going to have to deal with the public stigma this case will leave.

Presuming this is true, I'm really starting to feel sorry for the women in the future that are raped and are going to have to deal with the public stigma this case will leave.

Agree 100%.  Remember the comments from the bar owner/manager(?) the day this story broke?  Ridiculous he made them, even more ridiculous that someone reported them.  

What the ****?!?!?

Erie County (N.Y.) Commissioner of Central Police Services refuted Eoannou’s claim a short while later in a statement, calling into question the legitimacy of the bag allegedly delivered to the accuser’s mother’s house.

“All evidence related to this case that was given to Erie County Central Police Services by the Town of Hamburg Police Department is accounted for and remains in its original packaging in the possession of Erie County Central Police Services,” John A. Glascott said in a statement. “This includes the evidence in the rape kit and the packaging itself. This evidence has been analyzed and reports of that analysis sent to the appropriate agencies.”

The accuser's attorney has zero credibility at this point.  From the article...

Eoannou says that his office spent Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning, "going to great lengths" confirming the authenticity of the bag.

The accuser's attorney has zero credibility at this point.  From the article...

Eoannou says that his office spent Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning, "going to great lengths" confirming the authenticity of the bag.

What?!?  They confirmed that the bag was, in fact, a bag!?!  

I'm hiring this guy if I ever need a lawyer!   :ph34r:

Archived