Patrick Kane being investigated by police

Samifan

I read something today that said there was DNA from two different people obtained from the victim below the waist (not sure if that means vaginal cavity).  Neither one of the DNA profiles matches Kane's.  The only place Patrick Kane's DNA was found was under the girl's fingernails.  She could have run her nails on his arm to get that.  

Speculation is that the DNA samples exonerate Patrick Kane and that this is a tactic by the lawyer to cast doubt on the credibility of the evidence.  The criminal case would be dropped and the accuser could pursue the civil case (money grab).

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHOA!!!  BREAKING NEWS!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-patrick-kane-sedita-evidence-20150924-story.html

One day after charging that evidence in the Patrick Kane investigation had been tampered with, the attorney for the woman who accused the Blackhawks star of sexual assault abruptly quit the case and said he now had doubts about the explosive allegation.

Attorney Thomas Eoannou made the announcement Thursday at a hastily called news conference, where he acknowledged he "no longer had confidence" in the claim that had drawn international headlines and threw a measure of chaos into the high-profile case.

"Because I no longer have confidence in the story given to me, I'm withdrawing from the case," he said. "It's my ethical obligation to withdraw."

Eoannou – a prominent Buffalo attorney – alleged on Wednesday a ripped, empty evidence bag that once contained the woman's rape kit had been left anonymously on her mother's doorstep a day earlier. He said the accuser's mother told him she found it wedged between the screen door and front door when she arrived home around 1:30 p.m.

The woman's mother provided him with that version of events, he said. Eoannou said he began to have doubts about the story around noon on Thursday.

"There's no question the bag is an evidence bag," he said. "(But) I do not believe the version of events I was given when I received it."

The initial accusation prompted an investigation by Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita III, who had scheduled a news conference for Friday morning to address the allegation. Sedita has never publicly acknowledged the investigation into a 21-year-old western New York woman's allegation that the 26-year-old winger raped her at his lakefront mansion early on Aug. 2.

In a stinging rebuke to the tampering allegation, Kane attorney Paul Cambria announced that a DNA analysis in the case found that samples taken below the accuser's waist contain "a mixture" of male profiles. None of the DNA, he said, belonged to Kane.

Cambria downplayed  the drama surrounding the case Thursday during an interview with the Tribune before Eoannou's news conference.In a stinging rebuke to the tampering allegation, Kane attorney Paul Cambria announced that a DNA analysis in the case found that samples taken below the accuser's waist contain "a mixture" of male profiles. None of the DNA, he said, belonged to Kane.

"We're comfortable with whatever we're dealing with," Cambria said.

The Hamburg Police Department, which conducted the initial investigation, called its handling of the evidence "unassailable" and said it would cooperate.

The Erie County crime lab said in a statement Wednesday that all evidence in the Kane investigation was accounted for and still in its original evidence package, which suggests that the bag purportedly left on the doorstep may not be connected to the case. A spokesman would not say if the label or markings on the bag were consistent with those used by local law enforcement.

Eoannou said Thursday that it's a real evidence bag, but he declined to say how it was obtained. The label contained privileged information such as the accuser's birthday and the nurse's initials.

Eoannou said the bag issue should not cast doubts on the woman's sexual assault allegation, which is still being investigated by local authorities.

The Blackhawks are scheduled to be in Montreal for a preseason game Friday, but it is unclear if Kane and other top players will be traveling there. Cambria said Thursday that he had spoken with Kane about the evidence bag, but he declined to discuss the player's reaction.

"He's fine now that he's playing hockey. That's his whole life," Cambria said. "We're all paying attention, trying to work toward this being resolved and over."

In response to the latest developments, Kane’s attorney Paul Cambria said that he believes this leads to the thought that the entire case has been fabricated against his client.

“It’s obvious to me that Eoannou dropped out of the case because he was lied to by his client’s family,” he said during a conference of his own on Thursday night. “They fabricated evidence. I told you yesterday that this whole thing was a hoax, and now it is obvious.”

The investigation will continue regarding the rape accusation made against Kane. Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III will speak with the media on Friday morning about the latest developments in the investigation.

In a statement released late Thursday night, the family of the accuser said that they will not give up on getting justice.

“We have every intention of pursuing this case to a just conclusion,” they said.

http://thehockeywriters.com/patrick-kane-accusers-attorney-steps-down/

There is a little thing called "chain of custody" that may just break this open, or have it thrown out all together, depending on other evidence they may have....if it is the accusers word vs Kane's....and just that rape kid....I'm no expert, but he my walk on the chain of custody stuff.

Kane attorney Paul Cambria announced that a DNA analysis in the case found that samples taken below the accuser's waist contain "a mixture" of male profiles. None of the DNA, he said, belonged to Kane

Wow! I am surprised Kane's attorney just didn't come out and call the alleged victim a whore.

How much more bizarre is this case going to get?

I really don't think it will last much longer.  Unless it was Kane's lawyer that planted the "tampered with false evidence" to get the accuser's lawyer to quit the case.   :unsure[1]:

So we have the accusers lawyer quitting the case and coming out publicly with "I no longer have confidence in the story given to me."

We have the accuser's mother alleging THE evidence bag containing her daughter's rape kit was left at her door; a story 100% refuted by the responsible law enforcement party (Erie County Crime Lab) who have (and I'm pretty sure can prove) that the ORIGINAL kit is accounted for and has been in their custody the entire time and has not been tampered with.

We have DNA on the accuser from multiple individuals none of which belonged to Kane.

It's looking more and more like Kane will "walk" because he didn't do it.

There is a little thing called "chain of custody" that may just break this open, or have it thrown out all together, depending on other evidence they may have....if it is the accusers word vs Kane's....and just that rape kid....I'm no expert, but he my walk on the chain of custody stuff.

DA says that chain of custody is unbroken and legally provable.

It's looking more and more like Kane will "walk" because he didn't do it.

This.

@radoran

And now we find out the entire episode was a hoax concocted by the accuser's mother...

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25316167/prosecutor-in-patrick-kane-case-believes-evidence-bag-elaborate-hoax

In a press conference on Friday morning to discuss the alleged evidence tampering in thePatrick Kane sexual assault investigation, Erie County district attorney Frank Sedita said he believes mother of the accuser engaged in an elaborate hoax regarding the evidence bag that was found on her doorstep this week

Sedita said that the paper bag that was presented Wednesday was given to the mother by a nurse when she learned that the accuser had changed tops before going to the hospital. The mother was instructed to put the old top in the bag and turn it over to authorities, but never did. She was the last known person to be seen with the brown bag. Sedita also revealed that the plastic bag was manufactured in 2011 and came directly from Eoannou's office.

Because when I'm telling the truth I'll plant some bogus evidence just to be safe.

Let's hope Kane takes this as a learning experience when its all said and done and tones down the partying in public.

They say a leopard can't change their spots but can a douchebag?  :ph34r:

Learn what? Don't ever try and get laid again because the girl (and apparently her mother) will turn out to be total wack-a-doos?

Learn what? Don't ever try and get laid again because the girl (and apparently her mother) will turn out to be total wack-a-doos?

I don't know how about not getting wasted to the point where you need to pick up the first 21 year old puck bunny you see for starters. I get that he's young, rich and successful, God bless him. Dude has a history of poor judgement like many others have had while under the influence. The fact that the girl and her mother may turn out to be wackos only proves my point. Kane needs to stop trolling for tail at 3am at the local watering hole because you don't know what your going to get. Let's say they had consensual sex that night but then she claimed rape? He's not 21 anymore, he needs to grow up and remove himself from these situations. Try Match.com Patrick or just hire a hooker.

I don't know how about not getting wasted to the point where you need to pick up the first 21 year old puck bunny you see for starters. I get that he's young, rich and successful, God bless him. Dude has a history of poor judgement like many others have had while under the influence. The fact that the girl and her mother may turn out to be wackos only proves my point. Kane needs to stop trolling for tail at 3am at the local watering hole because you don't know what your going to get. Let's say they had consensual sex that night but then she claimed rape? He's not 21 anymore, he needs to grow up and remove himself from these situations. Try Match.com Patrick or just hire a hooker.

I basically agree with this (not sure about hiring prostitutes, but I get your meaning). Patrick Kane isn't at fault for some woman concocting a story like this, but by sleeping around, he does place himself in a position where this is at least possible foreseeable. Earlier this week, there was the pathetic blackmail attempt of Jaromir Jagr as well...

Was he wasted that night?  Even if he was - so?  It's the offseason. He had a driver.  It used to be we had issues with athletes getting hammered and not being smart enough to hire a driver.  Now they can't even have a few too many?

I just don't see the poor judgement.  From what @radoran has posted, even the cab driver incident was made out to be more than it was (per the cab driver) and that was 6 years ago.  All he did the next season was lead the Hawks in points as they won the Cup.

The partying at the U of Wisconsin in 2012?  Did he get into trouble?  Arrested?  He was 23 at the time.  Who cares about some unsultry photos with some coeds. Again....offseason.  All he did the following year was average more than a point per game and win the Conn Smythe as the Hawks won another Cup.

If that's poor judgement - what's to be said for Giroux?  His two incidents of "poor judgement" after having a few too may led to an arrest and an injury that impacted his season to the point of no goals and only 7 assists in the first 15 games during which the Flyers went 4-10-1 almost missing the playoffs (they lost in the first round).

The guy likes to party...in the offseason.  He shouldn't have to be a monk.  Heck, if letting your hair down and having a few while tagging a few coeds means more Cups then I wish Crosby would lighten up and live a little in the offseason.  As long as the guy shows up to camp in shape and ready to play then what he does in the offseason shouldn't matter (as long as it's legal).

@B21

I never said he had to be a monk and he can do whatever he wants (legal or illegal) in the off season. The point I was making is trouble seems to find this kid. Mike Richards and Jeff Carter were two of the biggest poon hounds in history but yet I don't recall them having any off ice incidents. Granted their conduct did divide the flyers locker room and led to them being traded.

I agree with your comments on Giroux.

As far as Crosby letting his hair down more, wouldn't that require Mario lifting Sid's curfew and cancelling his "No girls allowed in the basement policy"? Mario has been pretty strict with the my house,my rules policy for Sidney ;)

Mike Richards and Jeff Carter were two of the biggest poon hounds in history but yet I don't recall them having any off ice incidents. Granted their conduct did divide the flyers locker room and led to them being traded.

Aside from that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

:ph34r:

. The point I was making is trouble seems to find this kid. Mike Richards and Jeff Carter were two of the biggest poon hounds in history but yet I don't recall them having any off ice incidents. Granted their conduct did divide the flyers locker room and led to them being traded.

I seem to recall a poster from this site saying that Jeff Carter is kind of an introvert, in a nerdy kind of way....maybe I'm wrong, but seem to recall something to that effect.

• 2 weeks later...
 I seem to recall a poster from this site saying that Jeff Carter is kind of an introvert, in a nerdy kind of way....maybe I'm wrong, but seem to recall something to that effect.

And then he met Mike Richards...

• 3 weeks later...

And now the accuser has stopped cooperating with the investigation.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14045068/woman-accused-chicago-blackhawks-star-patrick-kane-rape-no-longer-cooperating-investigation

The woman who accused Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane of raping her in August has notified authorities that she no longer wishes to cooperate with the investigation, several sources told The Buffalo News.

The woman reportedly told authorities that the investigation has caused her and her family a great deal of stress.

"She was no longer interested in going forward," a source told the newspaper.

The woman inquired with the Erie County, New York, district attorney's office about the status of the investigation and spoke to investigators at length last week. Ultimately, she signed an "affidavit declining prosecution," which is currently under consideration by District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III, The Buffalo News reported.

It is Sedita's decision whether or not to proceed with the case. Last weekend, The Buffalo News reported that criminal charges against Kane were unlikely to be filed due to there being too many questions about the allegations.

The woman first contacted police with her allegations last August. She was examined by doctors and police investigated Kane's home in Hamburg, New York. The case took a strange turn in September when the accuser's lawyer quit the case after the woman's mother was allegedly involved in a hoax designed to cast doubts on police's handling of the DNA evidence in the case.

It's official now...

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25364071/patrick-kane-will-not-face-charges-following-rape-investigation

Erie County district attorney Frank Sedita announced on Thursday morning that Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane will not face criminal charges following a three-month sexual assault investigation.

"The totality of the credible evidence -- the proof -- does not sufficiently substantiate the complainant's allegation that she was raped by Patrick Kane and this so-called "case" is rife with reasonable doubt," Sedita wrote in a press release on Thursday morning. "Accordingly, the Office of the Erie County District Attorney will not present this matter to an Erie County Grand Jury."

The release from the District Attorney included the following findings: 

There are significant material inconsistencies between the complainant's accounts and those of other witnesses.

The DNA results lend no corroboration whatsoever to the complainant's claim of penetration, a required element of proof for a rape charge.

The physical evidence and the forensic evidence, when viewed in tandem, tend to contradict the complainant's claim that she was raped on Kane's bed.

In other words, this case was in doubt from the get go.

Archived