What Hockey might look like in the year 2000...

hf101

... from a viewpoint written in 1967.

post-2-0-69000400-1439550925_thumb.jpg

I found this discussion on reddit this morning and thought it was interesting. The author George Gross got fairly close on several points about what hockey might look like 33 years into the future.

Watching tv on watches.

plastic skating surfaces do exist, just not in the game today. - 

How close we are to not needing goal judges...

Use of technology for off sides calls, puck tracking...

Statistics of all games posted for view.

Belle dancers = Ice girls

Creation of a World Hockey League -  ( currently the NHL with players from around the World)

The worst prediction described is the Leafs playing for the Stanley Cup.   LOL   :lol:

So what might the NHL look like in 2050?

- maybe we will have helmets that actually can protect players from concussions.

if you need a larger image to view -->  https://i.imgur.com/zxh95XU.jpg

I thought I was going to read a team from the Eastern Coastal part of the United States, with 2-3,000 fans, will clutch and grab their way to their second Stanley Cup. And..... nobody was there to see it.

Too bad that 360 degree surround screen TV didn't happen, shoulda went that way instead of the 3D experiment....

In 2050, we'll have the shootout at the beginning of the game and skip all that skating and passing and hitting nonsense, determine the winner in 10 minutes and everyone gets the rest of their day back. Because the fans love it in the newest expansion city of Mobile AL

• 1 month later...

Archived