Greatest Single Regular Season Of All Time

JagerMeister

Well Brett Hull sure looked like Gretzky on the wing in St. Louis for a few years there so peak value, individual season I might have to go with him. His 90-91 season with 86 goals in 78 games comes to mind.

Maurice Richard 50 goal season captured an entire country down the stretch.

Teemu Selanne had that ridiculous rookie year.

Espo had the 68 goal 145 point year before they became commonplace.

For me I would go with the Brett Hull year.

As far as greatest ever, take your pick of which one of the Gretzky 200 point seasons, I personally will go with the first one, the 92 goal, 212 point season in 80-81. Simply mindblowing. Take the stats, divide by three you have 30 goals, 70 points, nowadays a player makes six or seven million (or more) with those stats.

Well Brett Hull sure looked like Gretzky on the wing in St. Louis for a few years there so peak value, individual season I might have to go with him. His 90-91 season with 86 goals in 78 games comes to mind.

Maurice Richard 50 goal season captured an entire country down the stretch.

Teemu Selanne had that ridiculous rookie year.

Espo had the 68 goal 145 point year before they became commonplace.

For me I would go with the Brett Hull year.

As far as greatest ever, take your pick of which one of the Gretzky 200 point seasons, I personally will go with the first one, the 92 goal, 212 point season in 80-81. Simply mindblowing. Take the stats, divide by three you have 30 goals, 70 points, nowadays a player makes six or seven million (or more) with those stats.

Brett Hull minus Adam Oates in 1993, the season most players had a career year due to conditions and expansion. 54 goals and 101 points and -27 in 80 games. Still in his prime at age 28 after 3 great years with Oates.

Adam Oates minus Brett Hull in the same season. 45 goals, 97 assists and 142 points and top 10 in Selke voting. Top 2 Bruins goal scorers outside of Oates himself. Juneau with 32 and Kvartalnov with 30

Hard for me to rank Hull's season since it would appear Oates was so integral to his success. When Neely played half a season in 1994, he also hit levels never before achieved thanks to Oates. 50 goals in 44 games, etc. Shame the bruins were such a 1 line team by then.

Yzerman's 155 point season stands out more for me as he was just lights out individually.

@J0e Th0rnton

I know what you mean with Oates but allof these guys needed someone beside them to put up their massive numbers. When Richard scored 50 Lach won the Hart even. Agreed that Oates was instrumental with Hull having those monster seasons but 86 goals is 86 goals, I still have that as one of the greatest seasons ever.

Thanks for the shout out to Yzerman tho :D that was a heck of an individual year, but it was not until Bowman told the team to play all 200 feet and quit worrying about individual stats that the Wings started winning.

I notice nobody put any goalies on their lists so far.

Here are 2 particular players outstanding peak seasons that deserve some recognition no one has mentioned as of yet.

1994 Sergei Fedorov had one of, if not the greatest season of any two way forward. Won MVP, Lester B Pearson, Sellke and in addition to those accolades, he was third in goals and 10 points shy from the art ross, only behind Gretzky.

Choose to your liking, any season of Dominik hasek when he won all the accolades a goalie could possibly win. There's a total of three to choose from, all of which can be considered as greatest season from a goalie.

The immortal Bernie Parent in 73-74 had a WICKED GGA of 1.82 had an amazing won loss record of 47-13 in 73 games played and also had an OUTSTANDING 12 shutouts.

When you play in 73 games, only lose 13 of them AND have GGA significantly under 2.00 (really, 1.82 is mind blowing) and manage to get a shut out one out of every six games he played....there is little wonder he won the cup that year, one of the greatest rolls of ALL TIME for a tender.

The immortal Bernie Parent in 73-74 had a WICKED GGA of 1.82 had an amazing won loss record of 47-13 in 73 games played and also had an OUTSTANDING 12 shutouts.

When you play in 73 games, only lose 13 of them AND have GGA significantly under 2.00 (really, 1.82 is mind blowing) and manage to get a shut out one out of every six games he played....there is little wonder he won the cup that year, one of the greatest rolls of ALL TIME for a tender.

What an astounding season for Bernie, perhaps even a top 10 season of all time among goaltenders. I dont believe he had any assistance from HHOF blueliners, correct? If so, that makes this season particularly more impressive, since almost all peak seasons from the greatest of goaltenders had notable defenseman surrounding them.

• 3 weeks later...

I might of talked about this on the old forum but back when I was in NYC, I would drink in penn station before going to the flyers games at MSG.

You meet some old school fans in those bars down there. The way they talked about Bernie was nothing but awe and respect. They appreciated genius in hockey ang I was honored to hear their stories.

Like when man united fans taught me about George Best outside their stadium in England

Archived