Richards Charged...

JackStraw

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry bud I can't zoom that. What was he charged with, if you would?

click on the image and it will enlarge.   :)

Charged for Possession of Controlled Substance while  entering Canada

Mike seems depressed over this whole thing, hopefully he perks up in the near future.....

Well, if the poor guy goes anywhere near the internet, he would be depressed just reading a 10th of what LA fans think of him and how happy they are to terminate without cap penalty. Then he would read what rival teams fans think, and how they hope he is not terminated because he sucks so bad they want the team stuck with his cap hit.

I know :)

But I just cannot resist thinking of "What if" he ever went to a kings messageboard and read what people think of him

He would be severely depressed if he were to visit HFBoards...

But From the comments said about him or coming to the realization that the majority of hockey fans in the most popular hokey website are a bunch of twats...

• 2 weeks later...
A lawyer appeared in court on Mike Richards’ behalf on Thursday, and the ultimate result is that his case has been remanded to Dec. 8, according to the Winnipeg Free Press.
No plea was entered regarding charges of possession of a controlled substance (oxycodone).

Sooo... I wonder if the NHLPA hearing with an independent arbitrator will be before any criminal proceedings??  I forgot what the timeline was with that?

Set Mike free!!  With our without this incident, I still have a lot of respect for the guy. He has paid his dues on the ice. Getting caught with a few perks, that is not gonna change my outlook on him. I think the Perc problem stemmed from years and years of pain, caused by his wreckless playing style. I'm sure both his shoulders give him a lot of trouble. There are WAY worse things to have players doing. If his play has slowed to the point where he can no longer contribute....fine....but don't let this mess define him.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.hngn.com/articles/138654/20151009/nhl-la-kings-mike-richards-reach-settlement-per-report.htm

Per Bob McKenzie:

Regarding Mike Richards-LAK settlement that's expected to be concluded today: 1. LAK will pay the cap recapture penalty for next 5 years.

LAK will also face annual cap hit equal to dollars being paid out to annually to Richards and cap hit will last as long payment schedule.

No word yet on precise numbers but hearing the payout is for a very long time.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/138654/20151009/nhl-la-kings-mike-richards-reach-settlement-per-report.htm

Per Bob McKenzie:

Regarding Mike Richards-LAK settlement that's expected to be concluded today: 1. LAK will pay the cap recapture penalty for next 5 years.

LAK will also face annual cap hit equal to dollars being paid out to annually to Richards and cap hit will last as long payment schedule.

No word yet on precise numbers but hearing the payout is for a very long time.

Then...whoops!

from the shoutbox......

OccamsRazor : (04:50 PM)

Elliotte Friedman ✔ @FriedgeHNIC Hearing that Mike Richards will be on the cap until 2031. Not sure of payment, but that is the term.

OccamsRazor : (04:57 PM)

WOW 2031 that's CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pilldoc : (04:59 PM)

are you serious ??????? that is nuts even for the NHL....

OccamsRazor : (04:59 PM)

It's what was just tweeted....

OccamsRazor : (05:00 PM)

Elliotte Friedman ✔ @FriedgeHNIC Hearing that Mike Richards will be on the cap until 2031. Not sure of payment, but that is the term.

OccamsRazor : (05:00 PM)

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/10/09/kings-nhlpa-announce-settlement-in-richards-grievance/

Holy Cap Hit  Batman........  and the LA Kings agreed to this???? :blink[1]: 

Archived