Oh, I'm Gonna Have Fun With This Photo

radoran

Can't wait for Hexy to start moving some of our d-men to make room for the rookies.

He will sure need to use some creativity and imagination moving the dead weight.  With the Grossmann move, however, he showed me he can do it.

Yes.  And in essence, those are really the only 2 players who do need to be moved. 

RJ Umburglar (signed through next season) is in the back over there waving frantically in the hopes that you'll notice him.

:hocky:

RJ Umburglar (signed through next season) is in the back over there waving frantically in the hopes that you'll notice him.

:hocky:

Maybe.  Or maybe not.  As I mentioned earlier, I am still holding out hopes that he will be somewhat useful. The reports that came out after the last season was over suggested that his hip and abdomen injuries, with which he played the whole season, made it difficult for him to walk.  Forget playing at a competitive level - walk!!!  He may, however, very well be a completely shot player at this point...

Also, considering this was the player Hextall brought himself, makes it unlikely he is even looking to unload him now.  One can never be too sure, though,

Maybe. Or maybe not. As I mentioned earlier, I am still holding out hopes that he will be somewhat useful. The reports that came out after the last season was over suggested that his hip and abdomen injuries, with which he played the whole season, made it difficult for him to walk. Forget playing at a competitive level - walk!!! He may, however, very well be a completely shot player at this point...

Also, considering this was the player Hextall brought himself, makes it unlikely he is even looking to unload him now. One can never be too sure, though,

He is a totally shot player at this point.

.. he is done.

You may be right. 

I may be crazy...but you just may be the lunatic I am looking for....

The Optimist in me says that RJ might still have some potential if he can stay healthy........The problem is the Realist in me keeps kicking the Optimist's teeth down his throat............. :unsure[1]:

that's probably the best we can hope for out of RJ: "somewhat useful."

Hextall used his one Get Out Of Jail Free card on that deal.

I call it A mulligan. But same principle. However I think he made up for it by trading Zac to Boston for a 3rd!!

Maybe. Or maybe not. As I mentioned earlier, I am still holding out hopes that he will be somewhat useful. The reports that came out after the last season was over suggested that his hip and abdomen injuries, with which he played the whole season, made it difficult for him to walk. Forget playing at a competitive level - walk!!! He may, however, very well be a completely shot player at this point...

Also, considering this was the player Hextall brought himself, makes it unlikely he is even looking to unload him now. One can never be too sure, though,

MacDonald will prove himself far more useful this year than Umberger.

I have hope that RJ and VLC will prove themselves more than useless as well (though objectively VKC was far more productive than RJ)

None of them will merit his contract however which is the main point. Mac will (I believe) prove himself most useful of the three, but alas it's all but impossible for him to earn his contract.

Which again... If we knew about the injury... Why was playing hurt all year???

Yeah I keep hearing about how the Flyers lived that Umburglar could barely walk because it meant he was such a gamer willing to play hirt.

The fact that he stunk like rotten eggs buried in a effiscerated muskrat apparently didn't enter into the evaluation...

Excellent question. Probably for the same reason why everything happened under Berube...

GM gets to make the call of the player is hurt. A coach can't make an injured player take the ice. I'm sure umby wanted to play but the GM has to make the smarter move for the team.

Of course I'm only confused because everything else Hexybhas done has seemed to savvy. This umby is just such a confusing outlier from start to finish.

Yeah I keep hearing about how the Flyers lived that Umburglar could barely walk because it meant he was such a gamer willing to play hirt.

The fact that he stunk like rotten eggs buried in a effiscerated muskrat apparently didn't enter into the evaluation...

And Berube kept 4th lining and benching VLC for dogging it and not playing into his "system" meanwhile he was out scoring Umberger who was "toughing it out".

Which begs the question, would you rather have a guy dogging it who scores once in a while or a guy trying hard, but is too hurt to play be completely ineffective?

We know what Berube preferred, and I'm sure most here are happy for it because they got to complain about Vinny all year, but frankly I'm not so sure which I'd prefer. I was pretty miserable with both of them (plus read) last year. Vinny got all the bad press and chatter, but in the end, he put up better numbers for the minutes he played.

No wonder he made those statements through his agent.

Hopefully surgery helps one and real coaching helps them both.

And Berube kept 4th lining and benching VLC for dogging it and not playing into his "system" meanwhile he was out scoring Umberger who was "toughing it out".

Which begs the question, would you rather have a guy dogging it who scores once in a while or a guy trying hard, but is too hurt to play be completely ineffective?

I still believe that Berube had a personal problem with "golden boy" VLC and wanted to make a personal point by relegating him to the fourth line and then blaming him for not producing.

The Umburglar thing is simply inexcusable for the entire organization, top to bottom.

I still believe that Berube had a personal problem with "golden boy" VLC and wanted to make a personal point by relegating him to the fourth line and then blaming him for not producing.

The Umburglar thing is simply inexcusable for the entire organization, top to bottom.

fear not rad... look at the bright side.  we get out of that contract in a shorter time frame and just think how versatile RJ is... he can play anywhere in the lineup  :ph34r:

this is the only thing I want to see out of RJ

giphy.gif

Archived