Show off your roster

ScottM

Well, @ScottM , we are even then...i grabbed Holtby before you could get your grubby lil mitts on him, and you grabbed Weber before I could... :P

Weber and Hamilton were on my pre-draft 1st pair defense wish list.

I am hoping Girardi can do what I was thinking Weber could do for me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is mine..also as it came from the draft, non-adjusted.

This is for the HF.net Bantam "A" league

C-- R. Getzlaf, J. Spezza

RW- J. Pominville, N. Niederreiter

LW- P. Maroon, J. Huberdeau

D- D. Hamilton, A. Goligoski, M. Giordano, M. Dumba

Util: D. Girardi

Bench: C. Hagalin, A. Stralman, D. Weise

G--B. Holtby, F. Andersen

Bench Goalie: P. Mrazek

My first fantasy hockey league ever, so i tried hedging my bets and going with guys who could do a bit of everything, but did place a premium on hitters who can score and hitters who can block shots on D.

My D-men for the most part are 'workhorse' types and are out there usually for all situations, so gives me opportunity to pick up points whether its even strength or special teams.

I took a chance on some guys who I really expect to have either break out years (Dumba in Min, and  Mrazek in Det), or guys who I expect will have BETTER numbers due to being on a team that can better utilize them in their systems (Hagelin in Ana, Hamilton in Cgy for instance).

There were a couple players I was trying to get but simply weren't there (Lucic, Perry, Stamkos, Palat), but overall, I am pretty happy with my first foray into the world of fantasy hockey.

Like Matt Dumba in Minnesota, I can only get better from here on out... ;)

Getting Getzlaf and Holtby is a nice haul. I am guessing they were your 1/2

I am not a Spezza fan, but he is good in this format since faceoffs are killer good

Girardi is actually good in this format. I got him myself :)

Not sure about Dumba

Here is my team in the same league....

C - Crosby, MacKinnon (The Timmies Twins  LOL), Kuznetsov, R.Strome

RW - Eberle, Okposo, Nichuskin

LW - Hall, Schwartz, Kunitz

D - Karlsson, Keith, Barrie, Krug, Trouba

G - Rinne, Jones

Missed most of the draft but I reassigned the players as I saw fit ahead of time.... didnt notice how much the face offs were worth...oh well...lets drop the puck and play the games. :)

Here is my team in the same league....

C - Crosby, MacKinnon (The Timmies Twins  LOL), Kuznetsov, R.Strome

RW - Eberle, Okposo, Nichuskin

LW - Hall, Schwartz, Kunitz

D - Karlsson, Keith, Barrie, Krug, Trouba

G - Rinne, Jones

Missed most of the draft but I reassigned the players as I saw fit ahead of time.... didnt notice how much the face offs were worth...oh well...lets drop the puck and play the games. :)

Jeeeez. How the HECK did you get Crosby, Karlsson AND Rinne? usually those 3 are gone within the first 24 picks. That you got all 3 means one of them lasted till round 3.

Jones is a nice Darkhorse who WILL pan out and your defense is solid.

The rest of your C's rank close together based on last years point.

My $20 Work league

Roto: Head to head categories are: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, GA, GAA, SA, Shot A, Sav%, SO

C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN

C: Backstrom, Turris, Bjugstad

LW: Lucic, Hartnell

RW: Johansen(C/RW), Perron(LW/RW), Pastrnak(LW/RW)

D: Karlsson, Carlson, OEL, Savard, Wisniewski

G: Bishop, Andersen, Jones

Sweet Jeesus I like it.

No superpowered goal scorers. But Bjugstad could surprise, Hartnell is consistent and Johansen is still young. For a blueliner, Karlsson is pretty good too.

Assists, 5 guys with over 40 assists, one with 60

+/-: A weak category for me

PIM's: Lucic and Hartnell lol. Perron is not bad with 62. Savard good with 70

PPP: Backstrom, Johansen, Karlson, OEL strong here. Carlson will get more top PP time with Green gone.

SHP: Nobody great at it.A combined 5 last year.

GWG: Quite a few guys with GWG's. a combined 41 last year

SOG: 6 guys with over 2000 SOG and 2 guys with over 190, so 8x200 or so total, Karlson and OEL stand out here with near 300

Goalies: Uh, Very happy here. 3 very strong goalies on strong teams. Might not win shots against, but should rack up wins and decent in other categories.

Decent versatility with dual eligible positions too.

Jeeeez. How the HECK did you get Crosby, Karlsson AND Rinne? usually those 3 are gone within the first 24 picks. That you got all 3 means one of them lasted till round 3.

Jones is a nice Darkhorse who WILL pan out and your defense is solid.

The rest of your C's rank close together based on last years point.

I picked third overall...Crosby slid to me..... then I picked at 21st and Karlsson was still there but so was Kane..I took Karlsson...then 5 picks later I grabbed neimi and I signed off to go to another apponitment. I made a draft list ahead of time for the rest and the computer just follwed it for me.

BIG QUESTION like every year is can the Oilers make the next step yet. If they do Eberle and Hall will be in the thick of it. Getting Kunitz late could be massive for me if he does indeed stick with Crosby and Kessel.

I picked third overall...Crosby slid to me..... then I picked at 21st and Karlsson was still there but so was Kane..I took Karlsson...then 5 picks later I grabbed neimi and I signed off to go to another apponitment. I made a draft list ahead of time for the rest and the computer just follwed it for me.

BIG QUESTION like every year is can the Oilers make the next step yet. If they do Eberle and Hall will be in the thick of it. Getting Kunitz late could be massive for me if he does indeed stick with Crosby and Kessel.

Wut? I thought you posted Rinne and Jones in your team, not Niemi. If you got Niemi you are in for world class disappointment. Rinne on the other hand, is a workhorse and perfect for this point environment.

I am assuming goalies did not go like a domino effect in the tier 2 league like it did in Tier 1 if Rinne was still available by 3rd round.

Getting Getzlaf and Holtby is a nice haul. I am guessing they were your 1/2

I am not a Spezza fan, but he is good in this format since faceoffs are killer good

Girardi is actually good in this format. I got him myself :)

Not sure about Dumba

Yea, I did grab Getz and Holt 1/2..I picked last in the snake draft, so I had back to backs and went that way for my first go-round.

Girardi, like McDonagh in NY, is just another all round D-men who plays in all situations, is good defensively, and plays lots of minutes....sounded to me like an opportunity to grab points in assorted situations.

As for Dumba, I admit, I am taking a chance here.

But he has shown me lots of progress even within the season last year, both in playing ability AND decision making.

He has also shown a penchant for jumping into the offense at the right times and being a key factor in any Wild scoring opportunities.

He has also shown a knack for hitting the opposition and getting in the way of incoming shots, which sounds like it could be helpful.

His reward for his in-season progress last year? More ice time than most people projected AND he got to spend some time on the top pairing with Ryan Suter and on the PP units.

His game is much like Jared Spurgeons' (mix of offense, positional play, and hitting), except Dumba seems to be better built for the physical side of things while retaining the same offensive abilities and quickness that Spurgeon is known for.

I am hoping he makes Spurgeon expendable this season (not that I don't like Spurge, but he could bring back a decent return while helping to clear cap room for Min)...which would also mean Dumba has truly arrived.

Here is my HF. net Bantam "A" Fantasy Hockey team

C - Joe Thornton,SJ Filip Forsberg, Nash.

LW - Andrej Palat, TB Wayne Simmonds, Philly

RW - Alex Ovechkin,Wash. Patrick Kane, Chi.

D - Brett Burns, SJ

D - Andrei Markov, Mont.

D - Mark Streit, Philly

D - Mike Green, Det.

Util.- Corey Perry, Ana.

G - Jaroslav Halak, NYI

G - Jonas Hiller, Calg.

I have Mikko Koivu, Mats Zuccarello, Mike Ribiero and Jaromir Jagr on my bench.

I'm a little worried about the age of my defense, but I think my goaltending will be solid and my forwards will be the strength of my team and more than make up for the D.

Here is my HF. net Bantam "A" Fantasy Hockey team

C - Joe Thornton,SJ Filip Forsberg, Nash.

LW - Andrej Palat, TB Wayne Simmonds, Philly

RW - Alex Ovechkin,Wash. Patrick Kane, Chi.

D - Brett Burns, SJ

D - Andrei Markov, Mont.

D - Mark Streit, Philly

D - Mike Green, Det.

Util.- Corey Perry, Ana.

G - Jaroslav Halak, NYI

G - Jonas Hiller, Calg.

I have Mikko Koivu, Mats Zuccarello, Mike Ribiero and Jaromir Jagr on my bench.

I'm a little worried about the age of my defense, but I think my goaltending will be solid and my forwards will be the strength of my team and more than make up for the D

.I am just going to shut up lol

I'll give you Brett Burns for Erik Karlsson straight up.

I would consider it is I were in the Bantam A league. I think Burns is going to have a Monster year.

That and I have Carlson, not Karlsson.

P.S Bench Forsberg and Perry and play Koivu and Ribiero if you want a chance to win your week.

I would consider it is I were in the Bantam A league. I think Burns is going to have a Monster year.

That and I have Carlson, not Karlsson.

P.S Bench Forsberg and Perry and play Koivu and Ribiero if you want a chance to win your week.

You had in your post above you had both Carlson and Karlsson. Thanks for the tip of playing Koivu and Ribiero. Good luck with your team, J0e.

You had in your post above you had both Carlson and Karlsson. Thanks for the tip of playing Koivu and Ribiero. Good luck with your team, J0e.

Wrong league lol. That is my work league.

My HF Tier 1 all stars league only has Carlson

Good luck to you too :)

Finished my draft:

Centers (2): Giroux, Backstrom, Ribiero, Desharnais

Wings (4): Vrbata, Nash, Forsberg, Saad, Anders Lee, Hoffman

Defensemen (4): Klingberg, Streit, Bodie, Russell, Garrison, DeKeyser

Goalie: Blues

Billyport Crips -- NAHANA

Tyler Seguin

Kyle Turris

Jamie Benn

Corey Perry

Mark Stone

Gustav Nyquist

Kyle Okposo

Jiri Hudler

Jason Spezza

Troy Brouwer

Brent Burns

Ryan Suter

Dion Phaneuf

Henrik Lundqvist

Jimmy Howard

Andrew Hammond

C: McDavid, Stepan, Nielsen, Ryan Strome

C/RW: Carter, Kesler

C/LW: Steen, Dubinsky

RW: Voracek

D: Josi, Green, Savard, Niskanen

G: Rinne, Elliott, Hutchinson

Quite frankly, I have no expectations of winning lol. Rebuild year for me to get used to how the peripheral stats affect this league and snatch McDavid.

If I do win a week, it will be a miracle. Goals and points must be worst overall.

But some nice kids in Strome and McDavid :)

Green and Savard may surprise this season.

2015 Windsor Warriors

Center

1)John Tavares - NYI

2)Ryan Johansen - CLB - C/RW

3)Tyler Johnson - T.B

4)Eric Stall - Car

Right Wing

1)Brandon Sadd - CLB - RW/LW

2)David Pasternak - BOS - RW/LW

3)Kikolaj Ehlers - WIN - RW/LW

Left Wing

1)Nick Foligno - CLB - C/LW

2)Patrick Marleau - S.J. - C/LW

3)Mathieu Perreault- WIN - C/LW

4)Artemi Panarin - CHI

Defense

1)P.K Subban - MON

2)Aaron Ekblad - FLA

Goalies

1)Braden Holtby - WAS

2)Roberto Luongo - FLA

3)Petr Mrazak - DET

Decent mix of vets and youngsters....plan is to cut the lowest most underperforming forward and replace him with the best FA d-man....Decent goalies, still think the Panters will be very good this year....if one or two of Panarin, Pasternak or Ejhlers become scoring stars...watch out! In Warrior fashion already made 2 moves...lol....Nuchiskin for Perreault and dropped Seth Jones to get Panarin....Artemi was to good to pass up, and besides Jones not on the top pp anyways. I can replace him with a similar d-man...so went for the Chicago Kid.

Lot's of flexibility, not that it matters much in our league.

Archived