HF.net 2015 Fantasy Tier'd Hockey Leagues - UPDATE!

pilldoc

The draft dates for this years HF.net Fantasy Leagues has finally been finalized.  Please see below for the date and time of the respective league your team is in.

All Star Fantasy League:

Sunday, September 27th @ 8:15 PM EST  - ESPN All Star League page

Members participating in the HF.net All Star Fantasy League:

1. pilldoc
  2. hf101
  3. aziz
  4. InsideEdge
  5. JR Ewing
  6. Edi-Flyer
  7. yave1964
  8. Bakanekimiwa
  9. AJgoal
  10. J0e Th0rnton
  11. Bosque Bill
  12. Polaris922

Bantam "A" Fantasy League:

Monday, September 28th @ 8:15 PM EST - ESPN Bantam League "A" League page

Members and Guests participating in the Bantam "A" League

1.  TropicalFruitGirl 

2.  Yorick

3.  ScottM

4.  teenagemutantninjahertl

5.  Hockey Junkie

6.  The Mountain Man

7.  Jon G.  (friend of pilldoc)

8.  FD19372

9.  ZzHockey

10.  ReedyCreekBuc

11.  Tony ( some of you may know from the philly.com pay league)

12.  Rot  (new to the philly.com pay league this year)

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR TEAM IS CONFIRMED WITH ESPN!

There are still a few who have not yet confirmed their team.  Please do so before the draft!

The draft will be a snake draft. (Round #11,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 THEN Round #2 will be 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1...etc)

The draft order will be randomized approximately 1  hour prior to the draft.

ESPN does allow for auto drafting if you cannot make the draft time. However it is strongly encouraged that you try to make your scheduled time and arrive 15 min early. (Please familiarize yourself with ESPN's autodrafting a team if you need too)

The who draft should take approximately 60 mins or slightly more or less depending on how quickly the process goes. 

Each GM is allotted 2 min per pick. Also we (HF.net) will not be supplying and pre-draft lists. That is up to you.

Finalized League Settings

• Tier'd League Setup:
    1. The HF.net Fantasy League will consist of  2 or 3 Leagues (or more as determined by the number of participants) composed of 12 teams each. 
    2. The first league will be the HF.net "All Star Fantasy League".  This League  will be an invite only to those members who had the top teams in last year’s two HF.net Leagues.
    3. The other teams we decided, for lack of a better name, are the HF.net Bantam A Fantasy League and if enough interest, a HF.net Bantam B Fantasy League, or more as necessary.  I will start another thread to see if anyone has a better name for these leagues.

Each year the top 6 teams will remain in the "All Star League".   Then the bottom 6 teams of the "All Star league will then relegate to the Bantam Leagues.  ie., If we have two Bantam leagues this year then the top 3 from each will be invited into next year's "All Star League"

• The scoring with be based on Head-to-Head: Points.  From ESPN’s website under FAQ and Rules:

Head-to-Head: Points: H2H Points is very similar to how fantasy football is played. It allows you to assign a given point value to individual statistical categories (i.e. Assists=2, Saves=1, etc.) and each scoring period's winner is determined solely by which team accumulates the most fantasy points versus a single opponent. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions.

This will be the format we will be using.

• Rosters and Scoring
    • Roster Size will consist of a total of 17 players with the starting line-up of 13 players.  That leaves 4 for the bench.  Unlike last year which did not allow for IR players, we are allowing an additional 2 spots for players on IR.  The breakdown for the roster is as follows:
      • Centers = 2
      • Left Wing = 2
      • Right Wing = 2
      • D-men = 4
      • Utility Player = 1 (can be forward or D-man)
      • Goalie = 2 (max of 3 per roster)
      • Bench = 4 (forwards, defenseman or a goalie)
      • IR (if needed) = 2
  • Scoring Categories – 

Skaters:

(G) Goals = 3
(A) Assists = 2
(+/-) Plus/Minus = (+/-) 1
(FOW) Face Offs Won = 0.2
(SOG) Shots on Goal = 0.3
(H) Hits = 0.3
(BS) Block Shots = 0.3
(PPP) Power Play Points = 1
(SHP) Short Handed Points = 2
(HT) Hat Trick = 2

Goalies:
(W) Win = 5
(GA) Goals Against = (- 1)
(SV) Saves = 0.2
(SO) Shut Out = 3

• Divisions and Playoffs:
    • To prevent a better team from missing the playoffs due to one division be stronger than another, it was decided that there will be NO divisions.  All 12 teams will be in same division, with the top 8 teams making the playoffs.
  • Schedule:
    1. The schedule will start Week 1 of the Regular Season and run for 22 weeks.  The Playoffs will run on Week #23, 24, and 25.  There will be no games during Week #26 (the last week of the regular season).
  • Transactions:
    1. We will observe ESPN’s Undroppable Player List
    2. Line Up changes will be weekly with them being locked at the first game of the week.
    3. You may acquire players either via by waivers or trades
    4. The Waiver period is 2 days.  If you win a waiver claim, your team will move at the bottom of the list.
    5. There is no trade limit. We are allowing a 2 day trade review period with 7 votes out of 12 required to Veto and trade. 
    6. As of now the trade deadline is February 4th at 12 pm EST.   NOTE: (This is subject to change)
    7. THIS IS NOT A KEEPER LEAGUE.
  • Draft:
    • The Draft Type will be a snake draft.
    • We will allot 2 minutes for each pick (max allowed by ESPN)
    • Trading of Draft picks will NOT be allowed.
    • Draft order will be randomized 1 hour prior to draft time
    • DRAFT DATE: TBD
    • I believe auto drafting is available for those who cannot make their assigned draft, HOWEVER, we had some issues with this last year and we are strongly encouraging you to make the draft.  (We do understand that things come up at the last moment)

If you have any further questions, please PM either @hf101 or myself.

thanks

pilldoc

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THIS SEASON! :)

• 2 weeks later...

When you click on a player, they will show up on the bar above the player list. When it is your turn to draft, a red button will show up that says draft this player. You can also queue players on the lower right and it will draft them for you in order if you don't make your pick in 2 minutes.

I just realized a draft is going on right now.  That draft was the ALL Star League Draft.   I cant believe their is a member called Yorick.  LOL, Yorick has been a member - penguins fan on these forums for over a year and this is the first you noticed.    :lol: 

Wow.  So if anyone knows how to actually pick a player when my turn comes, I am going to do it.  Otherwise I will have to just set the auto and watch.  I have had trouble by clicking on the player and their was no button to say "chose this player".  I do not like how ESPN sets things up and does not explain anything.  I have preset my rankings.  But I do not have much faith in that.  So I would rather make the choices.  I still have a bit of work to do.  On D and G mainly.  Good luck to all

Drag the players you like to your que.  Move the next player you plan on drafting to the #1 spot.  Click it to highlight and click DRAFT when it is your turn.  There are two minutes per turn.

• 2 weeks later...

@Yorick

Did you get that error by clicking on the join the league link @pilldoc sent you originally?   Or are you seeing that error once logged into your ESPN account?

If you are logged into ESPN with your new password what do you see when you click onto Fantasy / and then Hockey?  Do you see your team?

@Yorick

@hf101

ok...I think I know what happened..  Yorick, do you have multiple ESPN accounts?  The reason I ask is because the same thing happened to me. At one time I had 4 ESPN accounts and could not remember what I used for what. (I have since deleted 2 of them).  So I have an account for my family playing Pigskin Pick em for the NFL.  I also have a seperate account for the HF.net leagues. (I did not realize that at the time I set up the leagues).  Bottom line I too forgot my password and had to reset it. Once I reset it all my info was still there.  So your situation leads me to believe you have multiple ESPN accounts.  Is it possible you reset your password for a different ESPN account which you do not have the Hockey Fantasy hockey league associated with it? 

I looked on the Bantam League and your team is still there A-OK and it shows that you are joined for this league.  My only other suggestion is that you have to call ESPN. I listed their Customer Care line below.  I hope this helps.

Customer Care can be reached at 1-888-549-3776 and we are available from 8am to 1am EST every day.

@Yorick

Did you get that error by clicking on the join the league link @pilldoc sent you originally?   Or are you seeing that error once logged into your ESPN account?

If you are logged into ESPN with your new password what do you see when you click onto Fantasy / and then Hockey?  Do you see your team?

When logged in with the new password.

No. I see what's on the pic I posted.

*Update*

After dedicating some more time to deal with the issue at night (here) and at ease, rather than panicking in the morning, as I did at first, I finally got my ESPN account back.

Sorry to bother you with this issue, but I do appreciate your willingness to help. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A win this week was a miracle. Injuries to my best goalie had me doom and glooming and some of the best production came from my bench. But HF's team dealt with similar injuries for half the week and also had strong production on the bench.

But it locked me into a playoff spot at least.

Now we have a dogfight between 4 teams for the last 2 playoff spots. Someone could tie Bak, but his goals and other stats would tiebreak for him.

Now it is a matter or praying I finish higher than my current 4th. Finishing lower would suck as I Do not want to face HF or JR's consistent powerhouses in the 1st round.

But most of the teams between 3-6 are evenly matched.

@J0e Th0rnton

Good Morning Joe,

Yeah totally agree about team 3-6 being evenly matched. It is erally a dogfight between you, me, yave and bak. Any given week anyone of us could win. And the statistics that I have been tracking back that up. All I want is to win the 1st game in round #1 of playoffs. If I do the math correctly that gurantees me a top 4 finish and automatic berth into next year's All Star League.

Total

Ave.

HIGH

LOW

Ewing Oilers

Ded Flatbird

Halifax Sharknado

Putting on the Foil

Slick Sticks

NYC Bakanekimiwa

Inside Edge Hockey News

Polaris Puckers

The Whiskey Sticks

Team Aziz

Team Dunlop

Your Wife's a Dyke

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

@J0e Th0rnton

Good Morning Joe,

Yeah totally agree about team 3-6 being evenly matched. It is erally a dogfight between you, me, yave and bak. Any given week anyone of us could win. And the statistics that I have been tracking back that up. All I want is to win the 1st game in round #1 of playoffs. If I do the math correctly that gurantees me a top 4 finish and automatic berth into next year's All Star League.

Total

Ave.

HIGH

LOW

Ewing Oilers

Ded Flatbird

Halifax Sharknado

Putting on the Foil

Slick Sticks

NYC Bakanekimiwa

Inside Edge Hockey News

Polaris Puckers

The Whiskey Sticks

Team Aziz

Team Dunlop

Your Wife's a Dyke

I don't fully understand how seeding works for the next year.

I assumed whoever was in the final 4 was guaranteed 4 of those 6 spots and that somehow the best of the consolation bracket would determine the final 2 spots for next year

6 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I assumed whoever was in the final 4 was guaranteed 4 of those 6 spots and that somehow the best of the consolation bracket would determine the final 2 spots for next year

you are correct...when all is said and done with the winner bracket and then the winner's consulation bracket.  Everyone will have have final seeding 1-12.  The top 6 make it back too the All Star League next year.

Archived