Hawks Russian rookie Panarin impressing....

jammer2

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda aggravates me as a Wild fan, that Chicago CONTINUALLY loses good players, yet keeps finding and developing others like this Panarin character.

People, rumors of the demise of the Chicago Blackhawks seem criminally premature...... :blink[1]:

Just goes to show how good the Chicago management team is. They go out and draft good players, and they trade some of them away to win Cups, and when they have too many NHL contracts, they re-stock their prospects. They have had great success getting value out of players no one thought would make it (i.e. Andrew Shaw).

For example, look at the Lightning. They had a few good years around the full season lockout, and then they struggled, and stocked up on some great young talent. They are the deepest team in the NHL right now, and they still have tons of talent in the AHL and CHL. If they do a good job of hanging on to young talent and makign savvy moves to bolster their team for the playoffs, the Lightning could be the next "dynasty."

I love Panarin. He is a very good, young player.

How in the world did every team miss this kid?  He went totally undrafted.....and it's not like he was a well kept Russian secret or anything....he scored 2 goals against Canada in the 2011 World Jr Tourny Gold Medal game. I find that very hard to believe.

Just how did Bowman and his Hawk scouting crew sink their teeth into this young star?  Because of his age at the time he signed (23) he was only eligible to receive a 2 year entry level contract. Rumor has it that it came down to 3 teams...Chicago, Toronto and Montreal. If I had to guess, I'd say some untraceable money was kicked in to assure his services would arrive in the Windy City.

All the talk about McDavid and Eichel hockey fans by the end of the season may be talking about Panarin a lot as well because he is going to have some great stats. He may not have the stats quite a good as McDavid and Eichel, but you have to consider Panarin is on the Blackhawks who big time players ahead of him that are the name of the franchise. McDavid and Eichel have quickly become the faces of their franchise. Panarin can quietly sit back behind the players like Patrick Kane, Duncan Keith, Marian Hossa, Jonathan Toews, and Corey Crawford and put up the great numbers.

Archived