Dec.29: TOR vs NYI

1. Holland, Lupul, Bernier
  2. Hunwick
  3. Phaneuf
  4. Bernier
  5. Bozak, Gardiner, Phaneuf
  6. Komarov, Hunwick, Marincin

Final score: 6-3 NYI.

Wow. This was ugly. Some real "pylon" type defence tonight. Awful games by Phaneuf, Bernier, and Hunwick. Leafs looked lost in their own zone.  :o

One of those games I was hoping we'd seen the last of. Just no idea where these games come from. Man, those guys piss me off!!

Was it the softie first goal?? Who knows.

Hopefully Reimer starts next game and we'll see how he can finish the season as the #1 guy.   :)  This has to be Bernier's last game..... I hope...... ?   :unsure[1]:

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

WOW is there a legend somewhere that tells me what ATOI-MM and ATOI-SS and TTOI and MPBE are?

Here ya go:

ATOI-MM: Average Time On Ice (The minutes portion of ATOI.)

ATOI-SS: Average Time On Ice (The seconds portion of ATOI.)

TTOI: Total Time On Ice (GP x (ATOI-MM x 60) + ATOI-SS)

For goalies, TTOI = MIN

MPBE: Minutes Played Between Errors (Average) MPBE = TTOI / DE

:)

23 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

Thanks WOW. :thumbsu:

Not a problem.  :)

In terms of the list, Gardiner and Kadri have improved. Phaneuf and Hunwick have declined. If you look at the TPM (True +/-) ratings, you can see that JVR, Bozak, and Komarov are all doing very well.

Agree WOW. A good solid effort all around. Bernier had several opportunities to allow a fluffer and didn't.  I thought uncle Leo was just a little off his game last night but it dodn't matter because everyone was contributing. The goal by Kadri was BIG. 

Jan.6: TOR vs ANA

• Shutout

Final score: 4-0 TOR.

An unbelievable game by the Leafs. Skill and toughness! My only complaint: WTF is up with the 3-stars selections? Bernier isn't the 1st star? Umm what? He stopped 39 shots and got the shutout. He IS the 1st star. And WTF is a Duck player doing in there as the 3rd star? Why not Bozak or Kadri or anyone else on the Leafs? Ridiculous bias by whoever was doing the 3-star voting.

Jan.7: TOR vs LA

1. Gardiner, Boyes
  2. Holland

Final score: 2-1 LA.

Gardiner let his guy skate in front of the net and didn't do anything to move him away, creating a screen. Boyes didn't have the point man covered, allowing him lots of time and space to get a shot through. On the second goal, Holland turned the puck over, creating a 3-on-2 down low that turned into a 2-on-1 and resulted in the one-timer goal. 

All in all, an amazingly entertaining game. This felt like a throwback game with all the hitting. The Polak game misconduct was kinda crap though. :)

Streamed it delayed this morning. Very good game by the Leafs against a team with loads more talent than us. Keeping the score to 2-1 was an excellent effort, I thought.

Reimer scares the bejeebers out of me though. He never seems to know where the puck is. (a valuable piece of information for your average goalie) At one point he made a 'save' (the puck hit him) and the puck went straight up in the air. Reimer had NO CLUE where it was, and rather than fight to pick it up like they teach in Jr. B, he just sits there and waits for it to hit the ice - literally. He never does ANYTHING even halfway aggressive in the goal. Last night a pass went right through his crease from behind the net - it was no more than 2 inches from his stick, and he just watched it go.... You could see that the idea of blocking it from getting out in front of our net never occurred to him! Unbelievable. :o

13 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

Streamed it delayed this morning. Very good game by the Leafs against a team with loads more talent than us. Keeping the score to 2-1 was an excellent effort, I thought.

Reimer scares the bejeebers out of me though. He never seems to know where the puck is. (a valuable piece of information for your average goalie) At one point he made a 'save' (the puck hit him) and the puck went straight up in the air. Reimer had NO CLUE where it was, and rather than fight to pick it up like they teach in Jr. B, he just sits there and waits for it to hit the ice - literally. He never does ANYTHING even halfway aggressive in the goal. Last night a pass went right through his crease from behind the net - it was no more than 2 inches from his stick, and he just watched it go.... You could see that the idea of blocking it from getting out in front of our net never occurred to him! Unbelievable. :o

Bernier at least knows where the puck is! Sure, it's often behind him heading toward the net, but he knows it's there!

Jan.9: TOR vs SJ

1. Phaneuf, Kadri
  2. Gardiner, Holland
  3. Gardiner, Corrado, Bozak
  4. Kadri, Grabner
  5. Hunwick, Corrado, Van Riemsdyk
  6. Holland, Winnik, Bernier
  7. Hunwick

Final score: 7-0 SJ.

Awful mess of a game tonight. Total no-show by the Leafs. This one game has undone the hard work of the past several games. An unbelievable 16 defensive errors handed out in one game (a new record I believe). Bernier was hung out to dry. Worst "D" in a Leafs game this season. I have nothing positive to say about this piece of crap game... other than... we're back in a good lottery position again after two straights losses.

Jan.13: TOR vs CMB

1. Winnik
  2. Parenteau, Bozak
  3. (Empty net.)

Final score: 3-1 CMB.

Another stinker of a game. Shoddy point man coverage and Parenteau not taking his man in front of the net. Toronto picks up a big two points on Columbus (in the draft lottery race). The boo birds were out tonight. :)

Note regarding statistical accuracy:

I have been using www.sportsnet.ca for my statistics pertaining to GP, G, A, and ATOI, but I have discovered recently that SportsNet has been making outrageous errors with ATOI. (The seconds are always wrong.) Therefore, I have switched to using ESPN for reliable statistics.

Archived