Roster Finalized

I published a blog post on the Sharks roster cuts and final roster: 

http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php/blog/68/entry-794-finalized-sharks-roster-pending-torres-suspension/

My opinion of the lines with the current roster are as follows:

Donskoi-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Couture-Ward
Nieto-Hertl-Wignels
Smith-Tierney-Goodrow/Brown
(Torres suspended)

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-DeMelo/Tennyson

Jones
Stalock

I published a blog post on the Sharks roster cuts and final roster: 

http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php/blog/68/entry-794-finalized-sharks-roster-pending-torres-suspension/

My opinion of the lines with the current roster are as follows:

Donskoi-Thornton-Pavelski

Marleau-Couture-Ward

Nieto-Hertl-Wignels

Smith-Tierney-Goodrow/Brown

(Torres suspended)

Vlasic-Braun

Martin-Burns

Dillon-DeMelo/Tennyson

Martin

Stalock

Nice some skill in that lineup.

Sure the blueline isn't a lot of improvement but it's a start. Jones in net will be huge especially if he comes back and haunts LA.

What do you Shark fans personally expect out of Marleau this year?  Just curious.  There was some whispers last year that he was unhappy.  Others suggested that he simply started showing his age and doesn't have much left.  I could see some rather dramatic change in his game between 2013 and 2014 seasons.  He didn't look like himself when the last season started and that carried over to the remainder of the year...  But he is still a huge part of your team.  Looks to me like the management still believes in him... 

What do you Shark fans personally expect out of Marleau this year?  Just curious.  There was some whispers last year that he was unhappy.  Others suggested that he simply started showing his age and doesn't have much left.  I could see some rather dramatic change in his game between 2013 and 2014 seasons.  He didn't look like himself when the last season started and that carried over to the remainder of the year...  But he is still a huge part of your team.  Looks to me like the management still believes in him... 

Its strange. He is still has fast as ever and no signs of physical breakdown. But his mental game was not there and does not seem to be there this preseason either.

I have never liked him overmuch though.

I expect Patrick Marleau scored 20 goals and grabs another 30 assists. His time as an elite sniper are over, but he can still create offense and he still has a good shot.

@J0e Th0rnton 

Why don't you like Goodrow? I think he needs some time in the AHL, but he is a hard worker and he is a better fourth liner than a lot of players we could slot in there. I agree Torres and Brown need to go.

Archived